Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes you say that it is a banwave?

Laykith's Avatar Legendary a lemon and a frogs leg CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    149/137
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    What makes you say that it is a banwave?
    Guy in bawx. ~~~

EDIT: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...1/#entry799056

We left out a key patch note the other day:

We’ve added additional logging and hack/bot detection into WildStar

The first round of mass bannings for hacking/botting will happen tonight. Thousands of accounts will be banned based on log crawls and cheat detection. We’ve already banned numerous accounts over the last weeks based on player reports and GM investigations.

Thousands of other accounts are on a watch list – we’re actually pretty sure they’ve been hacking/botting. In the interest in limiting banning potential innocents, we will be looking at past logs and monitoring future behavior to see if it’s repeated and ban accordingly.

Now, what will happen over the next few days:
    Some folks will post over the next few days saying they were inappropriately banned. They’ll fall into three categories:
    Many were actually hacking, and will stay banned.
    Some won't know they were hacking but their accounts were compromised and have been used for gold farming. We will resolve these issues on a case by case basis. PLEASE consider enabling two-factor authentication, this is way more common than you’d think. https://forums.wilds...g-your-account/.
    It's possible some weren’t hacking and were caught in the sweep by accident. We’ll work to resolve those cases if they happen. Based on the reports, this shouldn’t be a category – but errors can happen, and in the interest of transparency, if it happens we’ll investigate and use that to refine our searches further.
    We’ll also be further scrubbing the logs to get the next batch of folks. And the next.
    We’re also in the process of adding further click-and-report functionality to make it easier to report folks, and we’re working to automate as much of this as possible. There is no exact ETA on this, but it’s in the hopper.

After we ban the first batch, more will come back and their scripts and such will improve. Our logging will improve, and report tools will improve, and we’ll keep fighting this fight.

(An aside, from a place of honesty here - I sincerely don’t understand the player that tries to level up by AFK botting - they make instanced Battlegrounds less fun, and we’re going to ban healthy percentages of them. This wastes money and time (both ours and theirs). And pisses you, the honest player, off. Lose-lose-lose. That being said, I don’t gotta understand the reasons behind such actions – they’re still going to get banned, we’re going to focus heavily on those going forwards.)

(Gold farmers I hate too, but at least I can understand the reasons behind their actions. They’re trying to make money by spamming, ripping off accounts, and gold, and wasting our support/dev time, which is unethical and borderline evil but at least rational. I really suggest not buying gold from them if you actually care about such things).

In any case, we devs have been playing a lot of WildStar too, and have been annoyed as well by farmbots starting to appear at mining nodes, and by folks mucking up battleground games by AFKbotting. Both suck, and while there will be many stages to the war against these kinds of folks, it’s a battle that has to be fought even if it’s a distraction from what we’d rather be doing - adding content, fixing bugs, and making the game better. We'll keep doing that as well despite the distraction.

Anyhoo, this is the first wave of what I’m sure will be an ongoing battle. I don’t guarantee perfection, but I do guarantee we’ll do our part in the fight. As for what you can do: if you keep reporting we’ll keep banning.

Thanks -

-jg

montgola's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hit.
    Hello,

This message is being sent to notify you that a violation of the WildStar User Agreement and Rules of Conduct has occurred on your account. Due to this violation the following action was placed on the account:

Account: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Action: Account Closure
    Violation: Use of illegal 3rd party program in conjunction with Wildstar

Please review the User Agreement which states that it is your sole responsibility to safeguard any access to the account, and you are responsible for any use and liabilities related to the account.

User Agreement: WildStar User Agreement
    Rules of Conduct: WildStar Rules of Conduct

Thank you,
    Wildstar Customer Support
    https://support.wildstar-online.com/home

Loque's Avatar Site Donator The Funkmaster CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/27
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look forward to the sea of greys posting.

kalfis049's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH, I got really sick of the insane amount of botters in Battlegrounds.

It will be good to weed out some of them.

aZoid's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better you turn off your Addons.
    I just used simple addons like Bijiplates, galaxymeter n shit and got banned. Funny thing is i would accept it if i would botting, but i just had 50 gold and my highest amount was around 6 platin when i hit lvl 50. Its really a joke. Maybe it could be because of using steamoverlay or something.

Creepwalker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    15/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by aZoid View Post
    I just used simple addons like Bijiplates, galaxymeter n shit and got banned. Funny thing is i would accept it if i would botting, but i just had 50 gold and my highest amount was around 6 platin when i hit lvl 50. Its really a joke. Maybe it could be because of using steamoverlay or something.

Carbine already said they would not ban you for using their addon API.

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by aZoid View Post
    Steam injects steam_api.dll and hooks DirectX API function calls. If WS detects this, you could get banned.
    EDIT: Also this

“Also be aware that disciplinary action on a guest account could also result in disciplinary action being taken on the registered account which provided the key. So choose your guests wisely.” -Wildstar
    Last edited by Xel; 06-19-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Mumulica's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevodark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/22
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair you have to be dumb as hell to hack / bot this early in a game,

If they have no anti cheat that should be a big ass red flag that they are going to add some at any second and you should stay clean until hacks / bots can at least attempt to go undetected.

If you get banned this early on its like an online Darwin award lol,

temp321's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I warned everyone not to use teleport/speedhacks hacks. WoW detected it server side long before they added warden.

It is very easy to catch server side teleport hacks by saving the average distance you travel every X seconds. This is a very cheap check in terms of CPU and memory. I implemented this kind of detection in my own game.

mxzeal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used macros in dungeons for like 20 levels (4 days straight) got no ban or anything - but everyone on my server hates me lol