Banned for pickpocket botting using a privately sold profile - do i bother appealing? menu

User Tag List

Zumi's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned for pickpocket botting using a privately sold profile - do i bother appealing?

Do I bother appealing? Or do I just create a new bnet and new boosted 90 rogue and continue the same profile, but on a low pop server this time. The server I was on, had 4-5 rogues on it constantly, but i was CRZ'd over to a low pop so I never had any issues - but I figured people could still report me since they could do /who townlong.

any advice would be appreciated.

I was very careful too - before you go saying 18 hours straight blah blah blah

I would do 3 hours on, 2 hours off...etc - for about 10 hours online per day.

Banned for pickpocket botting using a privately sold profile - do i bother appealing?
    Sephiroth's Avatar Former Staff Number One Unbanner CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    49/24
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The likely hood of an Unban all depends on your account history, and other factors. If this is a first offense, of course you appeal. If it is a second offense, you need to take a different approach. If this is the third, or more, then you may want to just start thinking about a new account.

There is all kinds of factors that come into play during bans, and you really can't just judge a ban, and weather it is appealable off a few minor details.
    Need Unbanned? Try the oldest active unban service on OwnedCore. Sephirofl - Unban Service - Nine Years of Experience

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To give some more detail - this is an old WoW account, but on a different bnet than my main. I upgraded it to WoD, had a 90 boosted and started pickpocket botting using an HB profile.

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its always worth appealing, make up some bullcrap story like you were farming lockboxs for the gloaming blade inside for transmog. If you get it back then its a bonus, if not just start again.The trouble with high profit profiles is they become very popular, people start reporting each other to kill the competition and unfortunately everybody gets banned.

Good luck.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're thinking it was the reporting moreso than the profile itself? I think so too...stupid high pop server. I'm wondering if I should report the one remaining guy in townlong who probably reported us - but then I'd be as low as he is...

Cecu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    121/20
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to be reported more than dozens of time to get an autoban. Then when u appeal, in 99% of the times u get reversed to 72h with final warning. And after few days break you can continue your adventure.
    Last time I used PP bot in february, it was with almost 50% uptime - 10-12h On / 10-12h Off, on the most popular spot Sra'Vess in one of the full servers, and It survived for its 1 month long gametime.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotcha - thanks for the info!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    banned changed to 72 hour suspension. Guess I'll try on a low pop next.