0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any way to reduce lag?

I will be in our 10 man, about to pull, my FPS are around 40, combat starts and of course its going to lower, but for me it just instantly drops to 1... sometimes 0 and stays that way till either fight is over... or till i die. i know on burst phases i used to lag a little, but when im looking at my screen at nothings moving, hard to tell if im standing in fire. but if i die, and the PQR isnt doing anything, my FPS goes back up while im watching the fight. i deleted my PQR folder and started out fresh and still having this issue. i know i didnt have this problem with the PQR and Hysteria [Demonology] profile on thursday of last week. anyone have any ideas?... also, only happens when in raid. i used to lag bad on LFR and 25 man... but never in a 10 man.

any way to reduce lag?
    Aikeelu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you also got the UI bug on the 5.4 patch. If lag is only happening since 5.4 try this:

Code:
    /run SetCVar("raidFramesDisplayIncomingHeals",1)
    then

Code:
    /console reloadui

affy2010's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the suggestion, tried it in LFR but hard to compare 25 man lag to 10 man since i always lag in LFR and never in our reg 10 mans... i lagged right out of game moreless. game froze up and had to close, opened it again, did same thing. might not have the best system to play on, but damn, i have never had issues in a 10 man, and even after 5.4 hit, cleared all the way up to the general on first night without any issues, now having hard time not standing in fire till my death. im wondering if its the internet where im at... cause i never had any issues last week,... but where i am now i am having nothing but bad luck... but only reason i didnt think that would be the issue, my latency is running around 35.. thought that was a decent connection.... idk

Scubaman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the PQR settings try change the 'Ability check delay' higher, I had this problem, this seemed to fix it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fixed your framerates? cause soon as combat starts while in a raid, my framerates drop to zero... i will give that a try, thanks

Scubaman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by affy2010 View Post
    fixed your framerates? cause soon as combat starts while in a raid, my framerates drop to zero... i will give that a try, thanks
    Yeah, let me know how it got on

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt really see a difference from it, but enough to play again, i made the commands from the first reply into a macro, between the macro and delay check, im running 4-8 FPS in LFR... and in 10 mans i was bottoming out at zero... so if i can get just say 6 FPS on 25 man, im sure to get atleast 15 on 10man... tho its not like the old 40FPS with everything on ultra. right now i still have to run everything on Low to be able to play now =/ hope blizz comes out with a fix for this. thank you both for your input. otherwise i wouldnt be able to make it to raid this weekend