0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I bot...noob here

Hey ownedcore noob/leacher here with a few questions before i get into the botting business.

My first question is in regards to how i get a bot account set up. Basically what i am wondering is if i should do RaF on the bot account (link it to my main account) so i can gain some of the perks of RaF. Also speaking of linking it to my main account i was wondering if i should give it some random name or maybe give it the same last name as me so if I ever want to transfer characters etc. i can.
    Would doing these two things bring up the possibility of both my main account and my bot account getting banned if the bot account gets caught?
    And if so should i just buy battlechest/cata/MoP digitals to get the bot going?
    Is it safe to have both bill on the same credit card or should i go pre-paid for the bot account?

After bot account is ready:
    Which bot should i use? Honorbuddy i assume. or should i just go with a free one at the start?
    What are the basic rules of botting? Don't bot on tuesdays, make sure it never goes for 24hours etc.?
    Which class is most efficient at botting? Druid due to forms or something like a pally because of bubble?
    Which professions are best for bots? I will no matter what get mining but what other one should i pick up?

Finally once all in all is done and I am ranking in the gold how exactly should i transfer it to main account to spend? I know just mailing/trading it usually brings about suspicion so I'm not sure on how to do it.

Thanks for reading my wall of texts filled with many noob questions that probably made some of you guys facepalm if you did in fact read it.

Before I bot...noob here
    phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Renathall View Post
    Hey ownedcore noob/leacher here with a few questions before i get into the botting business.

My first question is in regards to how i get a bot account set up. Basically what i am wondering is if i should do RaF on the bot account (link it to my main account) so i can gain some of the perks of RaF. Also speaking of linking it to my main account i was wondering if i should give it some random name or maybe give it the same last name as me so if I ever want to transfer characters etc. i can.
    Personally, I would buy a SoR account. You can merge it with your main battle.net account, or keep it separate. It may already have a few 60-80's on it, and you get a free 80 with 280% flying, and you get all the expansions free (except mop), and it costs around $12.
    Would doing these two things bring up the possibility of both my main account and my bot account getting banned if the bot account gets caught?
    The only way your main account can be banned is if it is receiving items/gold from your bot account. Say for example I have 2 accounts, which I do. I can bot day and night on my bot account, and sell all the gold to the Chinese that I want, and if it gets banned, my main account won't even be touched since it didn't receive anything from my bot account. Sure, they might monitor my main account for a couple of days, but I keep that one clean, so they wouldn't be able to do anything to it.
    And if so should i just buy battlechest/cata/MoP digitals to get the bot going?
    I personally recommend a SoR unmerged account.
    Is it safe to have both bill on the same credit card or should i go pre-paid for the bot account?
    Personally I would do pre-paid. Blizzard probably wouldn't care if you're paying for both, but if they see you logged onto both at the same time, doing two different things, they'll get suspicious.

After bot account is ready:
    Which bot should i use? Honorbuddy i assume. or should i just go with a free one at the start?
    As of right now, Honorbuddy is having some slight issues. While it's still an outstanding bot, I would use a free bot, such as LazyBot, for about a month or two, then buy Honorbuddy once they have an official release out.
    What are the basic rules of botting? Don't bot on tuesdays, make sure it never goes for 24hours etc.?
    This varies on the person that tells you. Some will say bot max 4 hours a day, some 8, some 16. My own personal recommendation is to bot at a maximum of 12 hours per day. Hell, I've suicide botted for 96 hours once and didn't even get a warning, it just depends. Also, you can bot on Tuesdays, I don't see why not. In fact, if you have a re-logger, and it logs on right a couple minutes after the server comes up, that's a good thing, because it looks more like a human getting back on after servers come up. One more thing I do is to only bot on hours that I usually play normally. If I don't play from 8 AM to 4 PM on Monday-Friday (school), and then I suddenly start playing from 10 AM to 2 PM or whatever, Blizzard will get suspicious.
    Which class is most efficient at botting? Druid due to forms or something like a pally because of bubble?
    Depends. For herbalism, DRUIDS. If you don't know why, I'll explain. While they are in flight form, they can pick up herbs without needing to dismount. So, instead of having a 1.5 second cast time each time you gather a herb, it's no cast time. Also, they can just instantly fly away if a mob starts attacking them. If you're going Horde, pick a Tauren Druid, since they can herb faster than other herbalists can.
    Which professions are best for bots? I will no matter what get mining but what other one should i pick up?
    For botting, Mining/Herbalism.

Finally once all in all is done and I am ranking in the gold how exactly should i transfer it to main account to spend? I know just mailing/trading it usually brings about suspicion so I'm not sure on how to do it.
    This is a tricky one. Since they are both the same IP, Blizzard probably won't think nothing of it.

Thanks for reading my wall of texts filled with many noob questions that probably made some of you guys facepalm if you did in fact read it.
    Had to put something here

Shamrockstar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About transferring the goods, I've always heard that using a guild bank is the best way to launder the loot.

Renathall's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for the input. Pantom you helped out a ton!. In regards to the Guild bank thing would i have just a member from my main account and the bot in it your should i make random alts and add them to it. I guess i'm more into getting the gold onto my main to spend on Black Market AH/BOEs so selling it to chinese is a bit of a problem. Also where do i buy SoR accounts? I think i saw a post in the market so i will check there. And finally should i use a proxy or anything while i bot or will that bring unwanted attention (what i was trying to avoid).

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should buy SoR accounts from Cherry0706 on these forums. She always has the best prices and responds quickly, and you can even ask her to get an old account and she'll try to get one.
    You can use a proxy while botting if wanted, that way you can claim your account was hacked if they do catch you, but I never do. Then again, it's supposedly the best thing to do.

th3m3nt4l's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phantom325 View Post
    You should buy SoR accounts from Cherry0706 on these forums. She always has the best prices and responds quickly, and you can even ask her to get an old account and she'll try to get one.
    You can use a proxy while botting if wanted, that way you can claim your account was hacked if they do catch you, but I never do. Then again, it's supposedly the best thing to do.
    Since you mentioned it, could you link or provide more insight into using a proxy?

Mackdaddy2887's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by th3m3nt4l View Post
    Since you mentioned it, could you link or provide more insight into using a proxy?
    Yes plzz!!

Malfunctions's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya buy a SoR account and get a honorboddy license for a few sessions and just have them quest/dungeon or do RaF and setup dual grinding bots you will level pretty smoothly