Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[Review]Firy - a Guild Wars 2 bot - tutorial to come(maybe)

What is Firy?

Firy is one of the first bots for Guild Wars 2.
    From what I have been told, by different people, it is the most advanced and best bot for GW2 at the moment (September 11th).
    It is made by the MmoLazy team who has developed bots for World of Warcraft and Tera as well.
    At the moment my character is only level 53, so I cannot test it for end game content or end game farming, however, I might update the review later.

What do MmoLazy say about Firy?

• Firy runs on all windows system from XP to 7. Although we recommend Windows XP SP3 or higher.
    • You’ve got knowledge with .NET ? We let you develop your own plugins for Firy in order to load it in the bot.
    • In addition to all Firy features you can also watch the way your characters are running directly from our website.

Where to buy and pricing

You can buy Firy here:
    MMOlazy Shop

MMOlazy Firy Page

Pricing:
    Guild Wars 2 Premium Package (30 Days) 5.99€
    Guild Wars 2 Elite Package (30 Days) 9.99€

Guild Wars 2 Premium Package (90 Days) 14.99€
    Guild Wars 2 Elite Package (90 Days) 24.99€

Review

Setting it up - 3 out of 5
    I think the bot is somewhat easy to setup, IF you have used a bot before. The combat system is fairly simple, but will require some tweaking to be very good. For those of you who used Immortal Bot for D3, it is somewhat the same! The reason for it to get only 3 out of 5 is because of difficulty of setting up combat and fighting routines.

Creating paths – 4 out of 5
    Creating a path is very easy. The automapper and the radar make it very easy to create paths.

XP per hour
    I am currently doing 40000 xp per hour which gives me 1½ hour per level. At level 55 that is and my first ever profile created with Firy.

Collectables – 5 out of 5
    The bot has the option to deposit collectables which makes it very suitable for gathering and farming at end level. From what I have heard on IRC, people are already working on farming routes for level 80

Gathering and grinding – 4 out of 5
    Gathering works flawlessly and combined with the collectables option, I can really see this bot doing wonders at level 80. Furthermore, I see how well it is grinding mobs at a little above my level and it is like watching a hot knife going through butter.

Issues

I have personally experienced some issues along the way and here are some of them. However, remember that the bot is NEW and therefore, most of these bugs will hopefully be fixed sooner or later.

Water
    The bot DOES NOT like water - at least that is my experience with it! The only times that I have had issues with it has been because of water. So to be just, I will try to create a new path that doesn’t go into water.

Poison clouds etc
    The bot does not move away from clouds, like “jungle troll” poison clouds, which restricts it quite a bit in my honest opinion.

No multiple mobs “profile”

At the moment there is no option on how to react if the bot encounters more than 2 mobs. In my opinion that is a bit of an issue as it should do things differently when there are more than 2 mobs.
    EDIT: Apparently the “need ground targeting” can be used for AOE situations. I haven’t tried it yet, if someone has, please let me know how it works.

Crashing
    A known issue is that the bot is/can cause gw2 to crash, however, the developers are aware of the issue and working on fixing it.

To sum it up

Firy is a very promising bot with some issues. The fact that it doesn’t really handle water well is an annoyance to me and something that the devs must work on fixing. The same goes for the lack of moving away from poison clouds etc. That being said, the Bot DID level up in 1½ hour, from pure grinding for me. It did send collectables to my collection and the vendor options worked flawlessly for me and managed 2 levels from first time usage

The bot has a great potential and with some minor fixes it can be really outstanding. Also keep in mind that the community is new and there are not many user created addons out yet.

So all in all I would give it 3½ out of 5 – close to 4 out of 5 , but I had a crash so that takes ½ a point away.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions.

Please note that the link further up in the article is my link, meaning you support me by buying it through that, the price is the same for you If you wish to buy it without my link go to mmolazy.com.
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 09-11-2012 at 02:11 PM.

[Review]Firy - a Guild Wars 2 bot - tutorial to come(maybe)
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Reserved

JuJuBoSc's Avatar Banned for scamming CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the review, this is reserved

1M1's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tried it out too, very nice bot JuJuBoSc, will buy once I've figured it all out in demo.
    *M*

byobodybag's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a "warden" mechanism in GW2 right now that can stop this in its tracks? Or pretty much people reporting other people at the moment?

Subcore's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    23/22
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still hope bossland is gonna develop a bot for guild wars 2, I never got disappointed with their bots.
    I would give this a try if it would have one day trial to buy.
    And for some strange reason Nod32 is blocking that website on my browser.

JuJuBoSc's Avatar Banned for scamming CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bot have a demo mode, also for your nod32 error, it's indeed a false positive

nixxor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't seem to work all that well for rangers.. It doesn't notice if it's attacks are getting obstructed and is just trying to shoot through a mountain... Also doesn't seem to be any pet control.. So if your pet dies it won't activate the next one.

MasqLB's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there a place to download combat routines?
    I imagine I could figure out making a path, but routine is too advanced for me :L

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would advise waiting to use this untill the "ATTACK FRIENDLY PETS" bugs is fixed :P

molzofbrian's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using this bot since release. It has already gotten like 3x better in the past week. Every day or two is a new update with features/bug fixes. It is looking really good and works well for a grinding bot. As for the ranger, my current char im botting to 80 is a ranger. Just hit 35 today and started him a day and a half ago. It is all about setting up your distances when using the basic classes. There are a few CC's but most have yet to be put out due to the new-ness of the bot. Give it a week or two and you will have some for each class.

Also for paths, it is really simple to set up. Click path then clear, type in a name, then start at waypoint and click the waypoint button, after that turn on mapper and go to your repair/merch if using and add each of them, then with the mapper still on run the path you would like it to while adding the monsters all the way/hotpoints. Once done turn off mapper and save- then run. Its that easy, alot like Glider.

srox's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there the same options like in that video? Guild Wars 2 - Gathering with teleport - YouTube
    i really wanna farm like this guy, is that possible or not?

z0m's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinosix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be nice if it didn't crash every 3 minutes

obsolete1101's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kinosix View Post
    Would be nice if it didn't crash every 3 minutes
    qft.

i've had several crashes in the last hour or so, it's almost intolerable. i suppose i'll wait for the next version, or give it a week or so until i nose dive in to botting again... /sigh

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast