0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warrior's rest (Act 1) - Detailed elite farm guide

This is post based on this post http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/diab...spot-farm.html ([Farming] A1 Inferno, decent spot to farm) so don't yell "lol, repost noob!" at me. This is just more detailed guide, to help you to farm this spot efficiently.

Warrior's rest is a very small dungeon with one elite mob always inside of it, it's pretty easy to kill, because it's in act 1 mob. There is also 2 chests very often and a random shrine.

Why to farm this?

Well in patch 1.0.3 Blizzard buffed drop chances, so ilvl 61,62,63 can drop in Act 1. And Bcause Unique (purple) mobs doesn't drop anymore 2 blues with 100% chance, this is my alternative to aspect farming. I also get a rare item every 2nd or 3rd run, with 30mf. I don't know if Blizzard has dramatically increased rare drops from champ packs or just my luck.

How to get there ?

1 - Select Quest 9. The Imprisoned Angel - Chamber Of Sufferings New patch requires you to take The Broken Blade - Talk to Alaric. Otherwise you wont get a Checkpoint
    2 - Take a waypoint to Festering woods
    3 - Search Warrior's rest and enter
    4 - You should now get a checkpoint inside
    5 - Kill Elite, Loot, TP, Leave game and resume
    6 - Repeat previous step

Selling loot
    Outdated: No need anymore, since you don't get checkpoint in town while in The Broken Blade quest
    When your bags is full, don't tp and just run to vendor, or otherwise you will get checkpoint to New Tristam, check image below for "safe movement", so you won't get the checkpoint

If you anyway get saved to tristam, change the quest to Cursed Hold and continue from step 2

QA:

Herp derp - Repost
    Yeah, I told in first sentence

I got saved to Tristam and can't get checkpoint back to Warrior's rest! What to do?
    Change quest to Cursed Hold or back to Chambers of Suffering

Lolz, what is that random shitty build? D
    Just my random pop cd's and kill everything

Any rares?
    My bag after 10 runs

And at the and, I want to ask if you other people get good amounts of rares without mf from this spot?
    Last edited by Gramexer; 07-16-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Warrior's rest (Act 1) - Detailed elite farm guide
    pqs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/10
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +4 rep. i find this is quite a good place when u get bored of others. Haven't found anything worth more than 100k yet but i've only farmed for 1 hr.
    Thnx for share

freeanime's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide. It gives lot of blue items quickly and rares also drop often.

I 'm trying to find if your guide is better than my old run, using the following waypoints :

1 - Northern Highlands - Watch tower dungeon (go north west) - if not there I skip this part
    2 - Festering woods - I clear the cavern like in your guide then I roam around to find packs, there are usually 2 packs
    3 - Cemetary - I do all the crypts & the elite that often spawns close to the waypoint
    4 - Cathedral 3 - There is often an elite close to the waypoint, if not there I skip
    5 - Leoric Manor (go in the manor, don't go in Halls of Agony) - again there is a guaranteed elite outside but you can find up to 3 packs in this area.

Once done i remake another game and do it again. This route is quick and takes advantage of the 5 Nephalem Valor stacks. I'm sure godly geared ppl can clear that full route in like 10 minutes or less.

But for my HC barb - meaning not geared like sc ones are - I'm not sure this route gives more rares than your guide... gonna bench it more and report I presume.

EDIT : forgot to add that in my run there are also frequent treasure goblins & a guaranteed respl. chest in the watch tower.
    Last edited by freeanime; 06-22-2012 at 10:02 AM.

TheGlow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice reminder. I was doing this when I first hit inferno then realized it wouldnt give ilvl 63 stuff so I stopped and moved along.
    I can go back and get in on this. I just opted to use a 2h now with this nerfed dam so earthquake should clear that out real fast.

ultrablack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by freeanime View Post
    Very nice guide. It gives lot of blue items quickly and rares also drop often.

I 'm trying to find if your guide is better than my old run, using the following waypoints :

1 - Northern Highlands - Watch tower dungeon (go north west) - if not there I skip this part
    2 - Festering woods - I clear the cavern like in your guide then I roam around to find packs, there are usually 2 packs
    3 - Cemetary - I do all the crypts & the elite that often spawns close to the waypoint
    4 - Cathedral 3 - There is often an elite close to the waypoint, if not there I skip
    5 - Leoric Manor (go in the manor, don't go in Halls of Agony) - again there is a guaranteed elite outside but you can find up to 3 packs in this area.

Once done i remake another game and do it again. This route is quick and takes advantage of the 5 Nephalem Valor stacks. I'm sure godly geared ppl can clear that full route in like 10 minutes or less.

But for my HC barb - meaning not geared like sc ones are - I'm not sure this route gives more rares than your guide... gonna bench it more and report I presume.

EDIT : forgot to add that in my run there are also frequent treasure goblins & a guaranteed respl. chest in the watch tower.
    this is more useful, especially with the need of valor to get the guaranteed rare from each pack of elites.

Retridin's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks got a hellion crossbow with 515 base dps on my 2nd try boom 1300 dps xbow!

Duecez's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing this, been getting some pretty good items in this place. I usually get at least one chest as well in there.

droopie28's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GTFO, your lucky as hell dude
    Originally Posted by Retridin View Post
    Thanks got a hellion crossbow with 515 base dps on my 2nd try boom 1300 dps xbow!

CWolfCW's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not use Broken Blade - Talking to Alaric as starting point? Then you don't have to worry about checkpoint and you can have Leah in party as well.

Is there higher drop benefit to starting at a later quest?

Gramexer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CWolfCW View Post
    Why not use Broken Blade - Talking to Alaric as starting point? Then you don't have to worry about checkpoint and you can have Leah in party as well.

Is there higher drop benefit to starting at a later quest?
    Well that works too. I usually always farm acts with final quests, so I have access to every checkpoint, if I don't want farm one spot anymore.

threattii's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide, thanks a lot for sharing this!

Another very effective way to farm gold in A1 is to choose the quest "The Legacy of Cain" and "Explore Cellar".
    After that just simply teleport to "The Old Ruins" and run through the courtyard to "Old Tristram Road".
    After running for a bit you'll see a small house with "Dank Cellar" next to you, get in there and kill the unique monster and its 2 henchmen. (The cellar might be sometimes randomly closed, but you just gotta try again.)
    When they're down, pick up all the gold.
    Rinse & repeat.

(You will get an even more efficient result by using the gold find gear. The more gold find you have, the more money you'll get or you can opt for Magic Find if you want more Magic/Rare items, but I prefer just more gold straight away.)

Cheers!
    Last edited by threattii; 06-23-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: spell checking

Devish's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gotten a good amount of legendaries from warrior's rest in the festering woods. In one day i was able to find a decent andy's visage a ehh mempo and a decent Gladiators gloves. I usually go kill every elite mob in act 1 and save festering woods as my last place to go before the halls of agony. On avg you can get 3 - 6 legendaries from this dungeon. Also they drop good rare ammy's and rare rings

willbnu's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think they fixed the checkpoint

edit

you need enter in the quest before that
    Last edited by willbnu; 06-27-2012 at 03:52 AM.

exulx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doing this for ages and only got shit drops

xXK1ll3rXx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After my 10 runs i only got 2 Rars Seems like Rng hase to be on your side for it to be worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast