0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dank and Hidden Cellar for the lower geared Inferno player

I know that there have been quite a lot of guides to the dank cellar run to gain eay gold with minimal gear and effort and since I dont get to play this game as much Id like to I have been running these to gain as much gold as I can as the level 60 gear is quite expensive when you first hit Inferno.

During my runs I found a few things out that people may not know and hopefully will find useful,

If you have completed a few of the quests in inferno and leave the game and change it to the second quest (so you only have the 2nd waypoint) if you travel to the 2nd waypoint and run to the left you will get a checkpoint which means that after evert run to the cellar if you just leave and restart you will start very close to the cellar rather in town. This saved me a load of time when doing these runs.

Also to mix things up a bit as running this route every time starts to get a bit boring I decided to also start checking south of the waypoint to see if the hidden cellar had spawned. The good thing about this was that the dank and hidden dont share a spawn so you quite often get both spawned in the same run.

The hidden cellar has about a 30% chance to spawn a chest, 30% chance to spawn a gobiln and 30% chance to spawn a rare (so you normally find one of these on every spawn).

Running these routes has made me a fair bit of money which has allowed me to buy better gear to help progress in inferno and to gain better mf and gf items.

Just a few more bits of info that i found is that because both these places have a 50% chance to spawn you find that unless your luck is really bad then you will find one of these every run. There are the odd few runs that I have had where neither have spawned but after 50+ runs I have never had 2 runs in a row where none have spawned.

The last thing I found is that after buying mf gear and gf gear I find that using my gf gear for the dank cellar has better profit due to the amount of gold dropped and i gained better results using my mf gear in the hidden cellar as I have found a fair amount of lvl 10 blacksmith recipies from this location.

I know these locations are commom knowledge to most people but here are some images with them on just incase.
    Dank and Hidden Cellar for the lower geared Inferno player-k9tern-jpg
    Dank and Hidden Cellar for the lower geared Inferno player-open1-jpg

Dank and Hidden Cellar for the lower geared Inferno player
    08449's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold find gear is definitly preferable for doing sarkoth in the dank cellar. What i do wonder though, if you are running full gold find gear, how do you imagine killing the elite in the hidden cellar?
    I am fairly sure just running sarkoth (if cellar not there then TP/leave/resume) will net you way more gold !

Zoinx wrote a pretty good guide on the demonbuddy forum on how to gear up for these runs as well as how to do them. He talks about how to setup demonbuddy for it, which obviously wont work now, but most of the info is very usable:
    Zoinx Guide to Sarkoth 700k+ GPH

mtaylor117961's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no doubt that just running the dank cellar will net you more gold in the long run, I just wanted to make people aware that there is another option which is fairly close just incase they wanted to mix it up a little. Also I should have mentioned that I have done this with my DH and I bought a 1k dps crossbow for a decent price and nether tenticles makes light work of the elite so i could keep my mf gear on for this. I have a lvl 60 barb who has poor gear so I just skipped the elite if it spawned as I didnt have the dps to kill it before it killed me.