Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How should I start about getting enemies / players infos ?

Hi,

I am trying to get player / enemies informations. I already have player position, but I would love to find the array which contains the enemies with their position.

But I don't really know how to handle this. Does anyone have information about how the enemies are stored in the memory and how I should start searching them ?
    I'd like to get as much informations as possible on the ennemies, players (and other stuff too but enemies will be a good start).

Thanks for the help

How should I start about getting enemies / players infos ?
    Valtharak's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    List all RActor or ACD
    those are all the object (player /monster/item/interactable object,...)

with those object you can query attributes with getinteger or getdouble if your injected. if not you will have to implement your own getinteger get double to read out of process.
    theres plenty of info in older threads to do all this

Kelz's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well right now I'm just reading memory offsets like a noob. I think if I want to do more it would probably be better to get into injection... For exemple I have no idea how I could manage to get the actors' list.
    I'm a good high level programmer but kinda new to this low level stuff. Where should I start ? I never found any thread (here or on other forums) about how to "really" start reverse engeenring games.

RamirezX's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    Well right now I'm just reading memory offsets like a noob. I think if I want to do more it would probably be better to get into injection... For exemple I have no idea how I could manage to get the actors' list.
    I'm a good high level programmer but kinda new to this low level stuff. Where should I start ? I never found any thread (here or on other forums) about how to "really" start reverse engeenring games.
    Read all older posts in this section and you will see .. there is a lot of info ... explanation about RActors, ACDs, SNOs etc... a lot of pointerchains, offsets, function addresses etc ... just don't be lazy and read it ;-)

I did it this way and now i'm injected into diablo.exe, calling diablo's functions via d3d9 endscene hook ...
    Last edited by RamirezX; 06-09-2012 at 11:37 AM.