Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spectate Mode >POSSIBLE< Bug.

Hello.

Since the spectate patch has launched I've been using spectate quite many times to spectate on friend that I also talk over Ventrilo with.
    As you all know there's a 3 minute delay, HOWEVER in some rare cases I've managed to skip past the delay and see the action in real-time, thus being able to help my friend A WHOLE LOT, telling him where people are in their or enemy jungle etc. I guess it would be real decent if you have 2 PCs and spectate yourself with another account.

Anyway I tried experimenting with it, reconnecting, re-spectating and unplugging my cable while doing it and while messing with my connection I managed to do it 1-2 times out of 30. Not sure if its anything to do with precise timing or just random but its definitely there.

TL;DR.
    It's possible to skip the 3 minute delay with a random luck factor, couldn't manage to do it whenever I wanted to but had success in a couple of times so its do-able.
    Last edited by karu; 05-10-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Spectate Mode &gt;POSSIBLE&lt; Bug.
    Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mm i'll have to look into it; in short however: connect to the game, disconnect from the game, while reconnecting- unplug ethernet; probably 15seconds, replug it in; ?????; watch live game

is what you are getting at for the spectating friend?

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Killsomecero's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point where you actually get so bored that you start to try to unplug and plug your ethernet cable 30 times to get a 3 minute delay cleared in spectator mode...

Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well tbh; the delay is to stop the ghosting- which say, IE: someone was in 1900 elo, and is the jungler.

it would be profoundly rewarding, you know every single move of the enemy, you know where they have warded, you know that the enemy skarner is down to 400hp from doing red after taking a fight at top- you pounce there... instead of your probable action of just pushing the tower or other things aside from going to their red.

free elo- you get higher, do the same for the friend or w.e.

does it help if you are that high without working your way there? nope, but now imagine you are stuck in the gutter of 1300 elo- you can't get out for whatever reason despite previously been idk 1500....

which in the current state of exploiting lol, there is really only ward watchers (something to do with the sprites) and buff timer program hacks.. this trumps them by a long shot if it works.
    --

also the biggest map"hack" in the game is wards, spectators see all and is the biggest map"hack" available if the delay was removed.
    Last edited by Remus3; 05-10-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

karu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ what Remus3 said.

Also it just randomly happened to me the first time, I don't know why or how so I started experimenting with it. Haven't had any luck with it anymore.. No idea if its been patched or I've been really unsuccessful. But like Killsomecero said, its rather pointless going on and off and wasting your time unplugging your ethernet. Just wanted to give heads up that it CAN very well be possible.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I can tell, it was probably a glitch on the servers side. I tried editing both the current and max times, along with the speed at which everything is played. If you move it to anything past what you "should" be able to see, everyone just stands there. I am assuming that is because the game was not sent any data which holds the actions of the players at that time. Maybe its possible to trick the server and say, "Hey server, mind sending me the data starting at X+180? Thanks."