Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions to development team

Hi everyone

I started looking at the official code and at wetwlly port and I have couple of questions I'd like to ask.
    Do not know if i should ask here, or PM a developer in the team, but I have problems using IRC since I live in GMT+1 (Italy).

I noticed in wetwlly code that skills are saved in db (active_skill and current_active skills tables) but in the official code this part is not present and you are using a small wrapper class for skills. Is it because you decided to save in another place or because you did not implement the code yet?

In the code I see almost everywhere the reading and writing to a stream (stream.ReadValueS32() for instance); is it used to save data instead of using SQL insert into? or I can freely use the DB to save skills and items as wetwlly did in his code? which is the way of saving decided by the development team?

How can I ask for a change in the db structure (to store also passive skills and runes in the active_skills table)?

I already tryed using Git and GitExtensions but, Should I work on mooege/mooege or create a fork TeoMan/mooege? I do not want to make my own version, I only would like to make changes to the official one; I know that integration is obviously supervised by older developers...

I already implemented the saving of active skills in my local sources (taking the idea from wetwlly code) and I would like to port also the saving of equipment.

Thanks everyone (and sorry for my bad english...)

Questions to development team
    wetwlly's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already tryed using Git and GitExtensions but, Should I work on mooege/mooege or create a fork TeoMan/mooege? I do not want to make my own version, I only would like to make changes to the official one; I know that integration is obviously supervised by older developers...
    You fork your own mooege, then once you think it's good enough to be added into Master Mooege, then you do a Pull Request. The Main Developers will look over your work and give you feedback if things need to be changed. If things do not need to be changed, they will go ahead and add your stuff to Master.

Wetwlly branch is ahead of Master branch, but the reason we dont merge them is because my branch is full of bad coding in lots of areas due to many people working on it simultaneously. So Piece by Piece, I am going to be doing Pull Requests of each thing to get added into Master Branch.(When I have time of course.)

TeoMan's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.
    I need to know 1 thing before doing this:
    Your way of saving things (skills, items and so on, using a table in the db) is ok for the development team? Or should I use another way other than SQL select and insert?
    Maybe they want skills and items to be saved as a stream for some reasons...

wetwlly's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No clue, I actually didnt do anything other than Skill-Spells coding. So all the spells you can cast in Wetwlly/Mooege, I did. Everything else was done by my evil half, whose now disappeared (developer who liked to keep secret). So the saving stuff was taken over by.. hmm.. name name name... DKilli or something, he was working on inventory saving beforehand.

Try and copy what you see mooege do for saving now, try and keep coding small so its easier to fix and make changes too(obviously lol).

I've seen you already do some work, Haven't looked at it yet, but something I Would appreciate seeing is tutorials being saved. My branch started having it, but its only one line that had to be commented out. But I think that's more annoying then skills/items not saving.

Always seeing those tutorials is just painful to keep clicking on them haha. Anyways thanks for coding we appreciate all the help!

raistlinthewiz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TeoMan View Post
    Hi everyone
    I started looking at the official code and at wetwlly port and I have couple of questions I'd like to ask.
    Do not know if i should ask here, or PM a developer in the team, but I have problems using IRC since I live in GMT+1 (Italy).
    You can still catch dev's over IRC within that timezone.

I noticed in wetwlly code that skills are saved in db (active_skill and current_active skills tables) but in the official code this part is not present and you are using a small wrapper class for skills. Is it because you decided to save in another place or because you did not implement the code yet?
    As wet allready answered this; we're just merging his PR partially.

In the code I see almost everywhere the reading and writing to a stream (stream.ReadValueS32() for instance); is it used to save data instead of using SQL insert into? or I can freely use the DB to save skills and items as wetwlly did in his code? which is the way of saving decided by the development team?
    I did not understand the question, you asking about MPQ readvalues32()?

How can I ask for a change in the db structure (to store also passive skills and runes in the active_skills table)?
    Just modify the SQLite db and PR it with your code, it'll be reviewed then.

Use the fork button over https://github.com/mooege/mooege/ - then read our developer guide; Developer Guide - mooege

Thanks everyone (and sorry for my bad english...)
    you're welcome.