1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ore shuffling, earn thousands of gold easily

First and foremost this requires atleast 2 characters level 75+ that have jewelcrafting, enchanting, and alchemy. Another character with mining and herbalism isn't too bad either(but profitable still if you don't have a gatherer).

For alchemy go Transmute specialization so you can get extra gems that you'll be xmuting.

If you buy ore, buy stacks of obsidium, elementium and pyrite at their lowest possible to maximise profit(which will be high regardless).
    If you farm ore i suggest using a bot of some sort once or twice a week to prevent getting caught, unless you enjoy manual farming.

Ores are prospected and you're left with rare and uncommon gems. The rare gems are cut and sold at the AH. Jasper, Nightstone, Carnelian, Alicite and Hessonite are made into Jewelry: Jasper Rings, Nightstone Chokers, Carnelian Spikes, Alicite Pendants and Hessonite Bands. 10% of the time, you will get rare quality Jewelry that can be sold at the AH. Rare Hessonite Bands can be disenchanted into Heavenly Shards. Zephyrite is vendored or sold when the Jewelcrafting daily requires it. The remaining Jewelry is disenchanted into Celestial Essence and Hypnotic Dust. From here, you can either sell everything, or keep branching off into enchanting scrolls and Embersilk Bags (to get rid of all that excess Hypnotic Dust).

Red gems will most likely(99.9% of the time) will cover the buying ore costs and everything after that is pure profit. Green gems that don't sell well on the Ah are used to transmute into blue gems or bulk transmuted into meta's and then cut into the best selling type at the time. This is ore shuffling in a nutshell and i will be working on a more indepth guide later.

Primary source: http://stormspire.net/addons-ui-cust...et-v4-5-a.html
    Last edited by U_dont_kno_me?; 02-20-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: giving credit

Ore shuffling, earn thousands of gold easily
    JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might just be a good reason to start botting WOW again. If I do this with PocketGnome I could even completely subject. +5

Makumba's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, it was posted here some time ago, will post a link when i find it, secondly, its a respost from Constortium forum, creators of TradeSkill Master and the shuffle sheme you used was originally made by them. Link to origial thread: Consortium Cataclysm Shuffling Spreadsheet v4.5

swankboss's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repost x15

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...efficient.html

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...nchanting.html

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...tips-here.html

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...nchanting.html

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ing-guide.html

and many more

Love how a moderator gives +5 rep to something he should have seen posted dozens of times over the past year. Not to mention this is the exact same concept as shuffling ore in wrath and there are 20+ guides on that.

Stige's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ cant but agree with the above poster lol
    Super Unicum

JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shouldn't have to give you arguments in order to give rep but I want to make it very clear to everyone why comments like yours aren't very helpful.

1. This is simply a different way of explaining a system that has stemmed from another system that has indeed been around since vanilla. This is why I didn't give him 15 rep, but 5 rep.
    2. I give rep to what I feel deserves the rep. I did a little research and also found this method posted somewhere else, just worded differently.
    3. I unfortunately don't have time to browse this part of the website 24/7. If I did, I would probably have seen the posts that you linked before. However, I would also not be able to do what I do on OwnedCore.
    Last edited by JD; 02-20-2012 at 09:49 AM.

pharoma's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I shouldn't have to give you arguments in order to give rep but I want to make it very clear to everyone why comments like yours aren't very helpful.

1. This is simply a different way of explaining a system that has stemmed from another system that has indeed been around since vanilla. This is why I didn't give him 15 rep, but 5 rep.
    2. I give rep to what I feel deserves the rep. I did a little research and also found this method posted somewhere else, just worded differently.
    3. I unfortunately don't have time to browse this part of the website 24/7. If I did, I would probably have seen the posts that you linked before. However, I would also not be able to do what I do on OwnedCore.
    This is fair, but seeming this guy did not give the creator credit he doesnt deserve nothing. Vile's Golden Auctions: The Ore Shuffle

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also once you get to the enchanting mats it can be more profitable just to sell those rather than make scrolls on most servers! Just so you guys know.

markons's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so old but its still working. Doing this on one character, i earn about 3K gold/day doing it, or more depending how much i invest.

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 rep for linking the Infographic Style picture.

@mini: Spam. also, figure out more polite ways to get your point across.

@Swank: I've heard trash talking mods is a good way to make friends and ensure continued access to the site.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

fitzeronik's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look, it clearly says that he is a Web Dev. He probably does not limit himself to the guide section like so many of you do. I don't know about any of you but whenever i see a thread that I'm not immediatly familiar with my first reaction is not to search it and find if it is a repost. This is the only Cata shuffle thread i have seen with an infographic and as such i would have given rep if the op would have only aknowledged that he was simply elaborating. I don't understand why you would even try to maliciously attack a mod, simply report this as a repost like any other thread.

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snipped Quote to important parts
    Originally Posted by fitzeronik View Post
    I don't know about any of you but whenever i see a thread that I'm not immediatly familiar with my first reaction is not to search it and find if it is a repost. This is the only Cata shuffle thread i have seen. I don't understand why you would even try to maliciously attack a mod, simply report this as a repost like any other thread.
    ^ That, and the CITED SOURCE (omg hes totally ripping someone off and all the while stating his sources omg ikr?) has a really, REALLY nice spreadsheet.

quote below!

>> Download link, for the latest version of excel. <<
    >> Download link, for silly willies using excel 2003. <<
    >> Google Docs link, so that you don't get fired for downloading stuff. << (kinda messy, loss of formatting)

Sapu's awesome auto-update mod:

Originally Posted by Sapu94
    I figured this out with @AzTweeter on IRC just now...you can set excel to automatically refresh the TUJ data every X minutes or every time you open the spreadsheet. I am using excel 2007. No clue how to do this in 2003 but it should be roughly the same in 2010 at least. Here's how:
    Open up the spreadsheet and click on the "Data" tab at the top. If you haven't already, click on "From Web" (2nd from left in 2007) and then type in your TUJ URL as described in the original post into the "Address" box and let it import (as described in the original post).
    In the Data tab click on "Connections". The TUJ one should be called "Connection". Click on it and then click on "Properties"
    Click on the "Definition" tab and make sure it's the correct connection (check the "Connection string").
    Click back on the "Usage" tab and check the first checkbox ("Enable background refresh") and the 2nd or 3rd according to what you want. Remember that TUJ only allows you 5 updates per 24 hours so set your time interval accordingly if you choose that option.

Let me know if you have any questions / issues with this.
    <SNIP> ppl know about how the shuffle works from the complaints in thread, so im snipping the explanation to get to the Spreadsheet info <SNIP>

Spreadsheet features
    -Finds total revenue, total profit, profit per stack, profit per ore type based on user input.
    -Displays prospecting results, disenchanting results, and localized number of crafts.
    -Gives a complete breakdown of time allocation for both methods.
    -Attempts to find GPH (gold per hour) for a basic prospect, cut, DE and sell cycle.
    -Shows the cost to produce a [Shadowspirit Diamond] based solely on the cost of ore (Stede). Standalone feature.
    -Adjusts max value for each gem through [Alicite Pendant], [Jasper Ring], [Carnelian Spikes], [Hessonite Band] and [Nightstone Choker]. Also considers [Shadowspirit Diamond] transmute.
    -Allows the user to input +profit % for transmute mastery, enchanting scrolls, Bountiful Bags, and gem cutting.
    -Provides a recommendation for gem transmutes, Embersilk Bag crafting, and Heavenly Shard crafting/disenchanting.

Future developments:
    -Allow the user to manually input shuffling breakdown. Handy for high-volume shuffling where markets may become flooded.

Basic Instructions

1. You can fill out the beige boxes with your server prices manually, or have it imported automatically. To have it done automatically, go to The Undermine Journal and create an account. The site uses OpenID, so don't worry about getting hacked or whatever.
    2. Click on your server, and under "Site" click "XML API". Scroll to the bottom where it says "Market Data XML". Paste this address into your browser and download the XML file to your desktop.
    3. Switch back to the spreadsheet and go under the "TUJ data" tab. With the top left cell selected, go under "Data" -> "Import XML". Select the file you saved on your desktop. This step will differ based on the version of excel you are using. All of the pricing should now be filled in.
    4. Fill out the number of stacks you've purchased, or wish to purchase. and input the bonus you predict from selling scrolls (if applicable). Use 100% if you foresee no bonus. Select "Yes" or "No" for Bountiful Bags and Transmute Bonus.
    5. Look underProfit - Estimated. These numbers show the profit/losses at your server's prices.
    6. Gold Per Hour shows your earning efficiency. I consider 3000 GPH a safe bet.

Notes about the spreadsheet
    -Max shows the best value obtained for any given gem, whether it's vendored, auctioned raw, or cut and disenchanted.
    -Shadowspirit Diamonds are not taken into account for max value calculations. They are very illiquid and though they may provide extra profit, it's impossible to move every diamond you transmute.

Time breakdown:
    -Search & purchase: 20 seconds, plus 1 second per stack of ore purchased.
    -Loot from mailbox: 10 seconds, plus 0.5 seconds per stack purchased, plus 20 seconds per mailbox refresh.
    -Prospect stacks: 2.5 seconds per prospect.
    -Cut gems & vendor greens: 6 seconds per rare, 4 seconds per uncommon, 0.25 seconds per vendored green.
    -Craft jewelry: 4 seconds per craft.
    -DE jewelry: 4 seconds per DE.
    -Post auctions: 0.5 seconds per auction. Dust posted in stacks of 10, Essences in stacks of 5, uncut gems in stacks of 3
    -Loot mailbox: 10 seconds, plus 0.5 seconds per item, plus 20 seconds per refresh.
    -Repost: Assumes 25% of auctions don't sell and need reposting.
    -Overhead (20%): Adds a flat 20% increase to the entire shuffle for miscellaneous operations.

Future versions will be posted and updated here. Again, if you find a bug, let me know and I'll squash it. Feature requests and recommendations and most certainly welcome too!

Airwavez's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^no,
    Contains no info regarding Ring crafting / disenchanting.
    Contains no info regarding Crafting Shadowspirit gems.

Reading the comments page on that Orecrusher2, it sounds like alot of people are not pleased with it.

Addon shows you everything, and if you have 2 screens there is no loss at all using this over an in game addon.

Tyvm, i'll stick with the amazingly well coded spreadsheet that automaticly pulls realm data down every 5 min and updates the sheet and prices.

XSilentiumX's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pharoma;2197698 he doesnt deserve nothing. [url=http://vilesauctions.blogspot.com/2012/01/ore-shuffle.html
    Vile's Golden Auctions: The Ore Shuffle[/url]
    You're right, he doesn't deserve nothing. He deserves some rep for bothering to copy and paste.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast