0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read space mission timer from memory?

I know this will probably not get many useful responses, because if an answer had been found it would have either been posted or the people who found it would keep it private on purpose. However, I'd rather say I asked than take the chance that someone would be forthcoming with assistance if only I'd spoken up.

There are a lot of pixel and routine based space combat bots out there, mostly using macro software like macrogoblin, autoIT, and whatnot. I have a homebrew solution that works for me, but I don't consider it any better than the published ones, so I see no reason to share it and flood the market with the same thing done a bunch of different ways.

I have been hunting for the holy grail that would change everything - the ability to read the mission timer from memory. Being able to sync a routine continuously to the timer in space missions would be groundbreaking. However, I am at best a capable coder - I don't know the first thing about reverse engineering. The only memory reading I've ever done is using Cheat Engine, and it comes as no surprise that the value in the timer isn't readily available.

I read that HeroEngine uses flash for UI elements and saw Scaleform_GFx mentioned, so I'm assuming the mission timer is exposed at some time as a value in memory, most likely as a string. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find that information so I can take advantage of it? Feel free to PM or respond in a donor only forum if interested in helping me out.

Read space mission timer from memory?
    Mikanor's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, also tried to find it. Unfortunately, all of my experimenting with the search for integer and floating point values ​​have failed.