0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Needed - Custom Trainer problem...

First, I'm using Jeutie's 9.6 TRINITY Blizzlike repack. I've also followed tutorials found all over the web for making custom NPCs/Trainers. I've already made several NPCs for Bankers and dozens of Vendors with no problem.

I'm using Navicat Lite and Creature template tc2 - TrinityCore Wiki as a guide to use the correct flags.

I'm having an issue getting a spell trainer to work. I'm wanting this trainer to teach players three Companions; Jade Tiger, Onyx Panther, & Zipao Tiger.

creature_template code:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `creature_template`(`entry`,`difficulty_entry_1`,`difficulty_entry_2`,`difficulty_entry_3`,`KillCredit1`,`KillCredit2`,`modelid1`,`modelid2`,`modelid3`,`modelid4`,`name`,`subname`,`IconName`,`gossip_menu_id`,`minlevel`,`maxlevel`,`exp`,`faction_A`,`faction_H`,`npcflag`,`speed_walk`,`speed_run`,`scale`,`rank`,`mindmg`,`maxdmg`,`dmgschool`,`attackpower`,`dmg_multiplier`,`baseattacktime`,`rangeattacktime`,`unit_class`,`unit_flags`,`dynamicflags`,`family`,`trainer_type`,`trainer_spell`,`trainer_class`,`trainer_race`,`minrangedmg`,`maxrangedmg`,`rangedattackpower`,`type`,`type_flags`,`lootid`,`pickpocketloot`,`skinloot`,`resistance1`,`resistance2`,`resistance3`,`resistance4`,`resistance5`,`resistance6`,`spell1`,`spell2`,`spell3`,`spell4`,`spell5`,`spell6`,`spell7`,`spell8`,`PetSpellDataId`,`VehicleId`,`mingold`,`maxgold`,`AIName`,`MovementType`,`InhabitType`,`Health_mod`,`Mana_mod`,`Armor_mod`,`RacialLeader`,`questItem1`,`questItem2`,`questItem3`,`questItem4`,`questItem5`,`questItem6`,`movementId`,`RegenHealth`,`equipment_id`,`mechanic_immune_mask`,`flags_extra`,`ScriptName`,`WDBVerified`) VALUES

('420009','0','0','0','0','0','26938','0','0','0',"Emard","Pet Trainer","",'0','80','80','2','35','35','16','1','1.14286','1','3','0','0','0','0','1','0','0','1','0','0','0','2','0','0','0','0','0','0','7','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0',"NullAI",'0','3','1','1','1','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','1','0','0','0',"",'12340');
    npc_trainer code:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `npc_trainer`(`entry`,`spell`,`spellcost`,`reqskill`,`reqskillvalue`,`reqlevel`) VALUES
    ('420009','66520','0','0','0','0'), -- Jade Tiger
    ('420009','67527','0','0','0','0'), -- Onyx Panther
    ('420009','69539','0','0','0','0'); -- Zipao Tiger
    The "-- Jade Tiger, -- Onyx Panther, -- Zipao Tiger" lines are not actually in the sql file, I added them to show which was which.

The NPC is spawned fine. Level 80 and friendly to A/H. But NO Trainer Icon shows when I hover over him.

ALSO, the worldserver shows:
    Code:
    Creature 252328 (Entry: 420009) have UNIT_NPC_FLAG_TRAINER but have empty trainer spell list.
    PLEASE for the love of my sanity, if you fix something I made a mistake on, show me exactly what you changed. lol

What am I doing wrong? More importantly, how the hell do I fix it? lol

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Taligaro; 05-31-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Help Needed - Custom Trainer problem...
    Taligaro's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three months and nobody has bothered to help?

XxXGenesisXxX's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have 2 posts on forum, both of which are right here. Don't expect help without giving help.

Try running the npc_trainer SQL files separately. If that fails going into your npc_trainer db and enter it manually. If that fails, post a screen shot of the bottom of your npc_trainer
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `npc_trainer`(`entry`,`spell`,`spellcost`,`reqskill`,`reqskillvalue`,`reqlevel`) VALUES ('420009','66520','0','0','0','0');
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `npc_trainer`(`entry`,`spell`,`spellcost`,`reqskill`,`reqskillvalue`,`reqlevel`) VALUES ('420009','67527','0','0','0','0');
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `npc_trainer`(`entry`,`spell`,`spellcost`,`reqskill`,`reqskillvalue`,`reqlevel`) VALUES ('420009','69539','0','0','0','0');
    Also, had trouble following the lines, but think it was correct. Is your NPC set to 16, 32 or 64?

LilleCarl's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    verify that the entries are inside npc_trainer by using
    Code:
    select * from npc_trainer where entry = NPCENTRY;
    Should help you a bit on the way.
    Last edited by LilleCarl; 06-08-2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Edited typo because people nowadays are completely retarded and cant think for tehmselves
    Violence doesn't solve shit, but everything else.

Taligaro's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by XxXGenesisXxX View Post
    You have 2 posts on forum, both of which are right here. Don't expect help without giving help.

Try running the npc_trainer SQL files separately. If that fails going into your npc_trainer db and enter it manually. If that fails, post a screen shot of the bottom of your npc_trainer
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `npc_trainer`(`entry`,`spell`,`spellcost`,`reqskill`,`reqskillvalue`,`reqlevel`) VALUES ('420009','66520','0','0','0','0');
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `npc_trainer`(`entry`,`spell`,`spellcost`,`reqskill`,`reqskillvalue`,`reqlevel`) VALUES ('420009','67527','0','0','0','0');
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `npc_trainer`(`entry`,`spell`,`spellcost`,`reqskill`,`reqskillvalue`,`reqlevel`) VALUES ('420009','69539','0','0','0','0');
    Also, had trouble following the lines, but think it was correct. Is your NPC set to 16, 32 or 64?
    I can't give help when I don't know that much. I basically know how to use WoW-V and run SQLs.

I tried what you suggested, same result of: Creature 252328 (Entry: 420009) have UNIT_NPC_FLAG_TRAINER but have empty trainer spell list.
    Yes, I checked the npc_trainer table and the three companions are in there.
    The trainer has 16. I also tried 17 (adding 1 for Gossip), the Gossip page/icon shows but not the trainer window. I tried each number and no Book Icon over my NPC.

Originally Posted by LilleCarl View Post
    verify that the entries are inside npc_vendor by using
    Code:
    select * from npc_vendor where entry = NPCENTRY;
    Should help you a bit on the way.
    Why would I need to put a Trainer in the npc_vendor?

There's something Im missing, but...
    I've given up on trying to get this to work, I just added the spells for the Companions to the spells people get from the start. Not as classy as having a shiny new NPC to talk to, but it works.

LilleCarl's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Taligaro View Post
    I can't give help when I don't know that much. I basically know how to use WoW-V and run SQLs.

I tried what you suggested, same result of: Creature 252328 (Entry: 420009) have UNIT_NPC_FLAG_TRAINER but have empty trainer spell list.
    Yes, I checked the npc_trainer table and the three companions are in there.
    The trainer has 16. I also tried 17 (adding 1 for Gossip), the Gossip page/icon shows but not the trainer window. I tried each number and no Book Icon over my NPC.

Why would I need to put a Trainer in the npc_vendor?

There's something Im missing, but...
    I've given up on trying to get this to work, I just added the spells for the Companions to the spells people get from the start. Not as classy as having a shiny new NPC to talk to, but it works.
    NPC_TRAINER ..... -.-' Its just a typo
    Violence doesn't solve shit, but everything else.