Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mysterious Syntax Error

Greetings,

I saved customized parts of an Arcemu Database a while ago and am now trying to load them for use with a new Arcemu core. Both were for 3.3.5a. I was expecting I might have to add or delete columns due to changes over the last year, but I get this syntax error whenever I try to load anything even a simple worldbroadcast:

/* SQL Error (1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IINSERT INTO `creature_names` (`entry`, `name`, `subname`, `info_str`, `flags' at line 1 */

Here's a line that I'm trying to put in:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `creature_names` (`entry`, `name`, `subname`, `info_str`, `flags1`, `type`, `family`, `rank`, `killcredit1`, `killcredit2`, `male_displayid`, `female_displayid`, `male_displayid2`, `female_displayid2`, `unknown_float1`, `unknown_float2`, `leader`, `questitem1`, `questitem2`, `questitem3`, `questitem4`, `questitem5`, `questitem6`, `waypointid`) VALUES ('1190021', 'Tier 10', 'Hunter', '', '0', '10', '0', '0', '0', '0', '28047', '0', '0', '0', '1.0', '1.0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0');
    Of note: When I copied and pasted that line into here the 'I' disappeared from INSERT despite the fact it's clearly selected and copied from the SQL. I've tried adding an extra I for the hell of it and no luck. Who knows where the Syntax error is because I can't figure it out? I'm using HeidiSQL by the way

Mysterious Syntax Error
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tested the query you posted using SQLyog and the latest MySQL ArcEmu database structure, and it imported without any errors or warnings.

I cannot see anything wrong with the query either.

My guess would be that HediSQL does not like the query syntax you are posting, I would suggest getting a better SQL GUI such as SQLYog, which is free if you get the community edition: Downloads - sqlyog - SQLyog - MySQL Manger and Admin Tool - Google Project Hosting

Talrain's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual Stoneharry is right. I have to tweak the first I in SQLYog, but it works. Not sure what the deal is with the I though, but who cares. Thanks!