Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I'm banging my head with currently! It looks like they're stored in a circular list... I'm trying to find an offset that I can reference, but right now I'm manually doing it by searching for a mob ID in cheatengine that is 0xF8 bytes and then repeats, then the next field after that is the pointer to the next item in the list. I've written a quick-and-dirty program to loop through the list in an effort to help me figure out where to go from here.

This is in VB.Net and assumes you've already connected to the EXE and have the DLLs linked. It then dumps all of the mobs it can find into a csv file with the x, y, z coords. You need to prime intCurrLink as mentioned earlier:

Code:
        Sub FollowChain()
            Dim intCurrLink As Integer = &HCAFE4AF8
            Dim intRead As Integer = 1
            Dim intNextStep As Integer = -1
            Dim intPrevStep As Integer
            Dim intLinkHighID As Integer
            Dim intLinkLowID As Integer
            Dim outTraverseLinks As New System.IO.StreamWriter("c:\moblocations.csv", True)

Dim sngX As Single = 0
            Dim sngY As Single = 0
            Dim sngZ As Single = 0

Dim intInitLink As Integer = intCurrLink
            Do While intRead = 1 Or intInitLink <> intCurrLink
                ReadProcessMemory(readHandle, intCurrLink - 8, intLinkHighID, 4, Nothing)
                ReadProcessMemory(readHandle, intCurrLink - 4, intLinkLowID, 4, Nothing)
                ReadProcessMemory(readHandle, intCurrLink, intNextStep, 4, Nothing)
                ReadProcessMemory(readHandle, intCurrLink + 4, intPrevStep, 4, Nothing)
                ReadProcessMemoryFloat(readHandle, intCurrLink + &H24, sngX, 4, Nothing)
                ReadProcessMemoryFloat(readHandle, intCurrLink + &H24, sngY, 4, Nothing)
                ReadProcessMemoryFloat(readHandle, intCurrLink + &H24, sngZ, 4, Nothing)
                Dim strOutLog As String = intRead & "," & intCurrLink.ToString("X") & "," & intLinkHighID.ToString("X") & "," & intLinkLowID.ToString("X") & "," & intPrevStep.ToString("X") & "," & intNextStep.ToString("X") & "," & sngX & "," & sngY & "," & sngZ
                Debug.WriteLine(strOutLog)
                outTraverseLinks.WriteLine(strOutLog)
                intCurrLink = intNextStep
                intRead += 1
            Loop
            outTraverseLinks.Close()
        End Sub
    After I get this figured out my next challenge will be linking it to the health, which seems to be in a completely different structure without the mob's ID.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

The pointer to the mob loop with locations is at [swtor.exe + 0107C8BC] + 40.

So my sub now (with some bug fixes) assuming you've already attached to the EXE and gotten the base address of SWTOR looks like:

Code:
        Sub FollowChain()
            Dim datRunTime As String = Now.ToString
            Dim intCurrLink As Integer
            Dim intAddress As Integer
            ReadProcessMemory(readHandle, intMemBaseSWTOR + &H107C8BC, intAddress, 4, Nothing)
            intCurrLink = intAddress + &H40

Debug.WriteLine("Priming loop with " & intCurrLink.ToString("X"))
            outTraverseLinks.WriteLine("RunTime,#,Address,HighMobID,LowMobID,PrevAddress,NextAddress,MobX,MobY,MobZ")

Dim sngX As Single = 0
            Dim sngY As Single = 0
            Dim sngZ As Single = 0

ReadProcessMemoryFloat(readHandle, intCurrLink + &H14, sngX, 4, Nothing)
                ReadProcessMemoryFloat(readHandle, intCurrLink + &H18, sngY, 4, Nothing)
                ReadProcessMemoryFloat(readHandle, intCurrLink + &H1C, sngZ, 4, Nothing)
                Dim strOutLog As String = datRunTime & "," & intRead & "," & intCurrLink.ToString("X") & "," & intLinkHighID.ToString("X") & "," & intLinkLowID.ToString("X") & "," & intPrevStep.ToString("X") & "," & intNextStep.ToString("X") & "," & sngX & "," & sngY & "," & sngZ
                intRead += 1
            Loop
            outTraverseLinks.Close()
        End Sub
    Next is figuring out how to retrieve the mobs' names and health. Let me know if you have any ideas!

Neoneas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone tell me the steps for getting the HP? It just doesn't work.

Mrfo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been able to find what I think is the memory location of the current target. Whats weird though, is that on some set interval (like 50ms or something) it seems to change to another X,Y,Z. It almost seems like it cycles between the current target and the last target. It ONLY changes when my companion is out though, which is even more confusing. The second I remove the companion then it stops cycling. The location I've found seems to be separate from the mob struct list. Anyone run into anything like this?

dook123's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tearf View Post
    That's what I'm banging my head with currently! It looks like they're stored in a circular list... I'm trying to find an offset that I can reference, but right now I'm manually doing it by searching for a mob ID in cheatengine that is 0xF8 bytes and then repeats, then the next field after that is the pointer to the next item in the list. I've written a quick-and-dirty program to loop through the list in an effort to help me figure out where to go from here.

This is in VB.Net and assumes you've already connected to the EXE and have the DLLs linked. It then dumps all of the mobs it can find into a csv file with the x, y, z coords. You need to prime intCurrLink as mentioned earlier:

Code:
        Sub FollowChain()
            Dim intCurrLink As Integer = &HCAFE4AF8

Dim sngX As Single = 0
            Dim sngY As Single = 0
            Dim sngZ As Single = 0

ReadProcessMemoryFloat(readHandle, intCurrLink + &H24, sngX, 4, Nothing)
                ReadProcessMemoryFloat(readHandle, intCurrLink + &H24, sngY, 4, Nothing)
                ReadProcessMemoryFloat(readHandle, intCurrLink + &H24, sngZ, 4, Nothing)
                Dim strOutLog As String = intRead & "," & intCurrLink.ToString("X") & "," & intLinkHighID.ToString("X") & "," & intLinkLowID.ToString("X") & "," & intPrevStep.ToString("X") & "," & intNextStep.ToString("X") & "," & sngX & "," & sngY & "," & sngZ
                intRead += 1
            Loop
            outTraverseLinks.Close()
        End Sub
    After I get this figured out my next challenge will be linking it to the health, which seems to be in a completely different structure without the mob's ID.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

The pointer to the mob loop with locations is at [swtor.exe + 0107C8BC] + 40.

So my sub now (with some bug fixes) assuming you've already attached to the EXE and gotten the base address of SWTOR looks like:

Code:
        Sub FollowChain()
            Dim datRunTime As String = Now.ToString
            Dim intCurrLink As Integer
            Dim intAddress As Integer
            ReadProcessMemory(readHandle, intMemBaseSWTOR + &H107C8BC, intAddress, 4, Nothing)
            intCurrLink = intAddress + &H40

Debug.WriteLine("Priming loop with " & intCurrLink.ToString("X"))
            outTraverseLinks.WriteLine("RunTime,#,Address,HighMobID,LowMobID,PrevAddress,NextAddress,MobX,MobY,MobZ")

Dim sngX As Single = 0
            Dim sngY As Single = 0
            Dim sngZ As Single = 0

ReadProcessMemoryFloat(readHandle, intCurrLink + &H14, sngX, 4, Nothing)
                ReadProcessMemoryFloat(readHandle, intCurrLink + &H18, sngY, 4, Nothing)
                ReadProcessMemoryFloat(readHandle, intCurrLink + &H1C, sngZ, 4, Nothing)
                Dim strOutLog As String = datRunTime & "," & intRead & "," & intCurrLink.ToString("X") & "," & intLinkHighID.ToString("X") & "," & intLinkLowID.ToString("X") & "," & intPrevStep.ToString("X") & "," & intNextStep.ToString("X") & "," & sngX & "," & sngY & "," & sngZ
                intRead += 1
            Loop
            outTraverseLinks.Close()
        End Sub
    Next is figuring out how to retrieve the mobs' names and health. Let me know if you have any ideas!
    Nice work, thanks for sharing. It looks like the first object in that list is your own character. Am I correct?
    ------------------------------
    If not me than who?

skiss0rz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm seeing the same thing dook, I think it is.

tearf's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mrfo > I've seen the same thing with the target's coordinates cycling if I access them too quickly/often. Though for me it happens even if I don't have a companion up.

dook123 > Whenever I've done it, my character has always been the first one to come up. So it looks like that's a safe assumption.

I'm still having no luck finding a link between this list and the structure that holds the mobs' health (in C/E search for a Double with value of the mobs' HP. If you find two matches 1056 (0x420) bytes apart then you've got it. The way Find What Writes/Accesses This Address works with this game, always seems to pop up the same one or two functions with a -4 offset is getting me really frustrated!

luthien23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info tearf.
    That has encouraged me to share what I have recently discovereded.