0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emerald Dream question

hey. I know how to instance swap perfectly and everything, but i did the scholo ----> Emerald Dream, and the emerald dream itself looks like crap. It has that Tirisfall Glades haze look to it. I've been there on my private server and it was all shiny and awsome looking. Is there any other instance that works with the Emerald Dream? If you know any answer, thanks.

Emerald Dream question
    gotosleep's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Emerald Dream question

Originally Posted by Iazin12192
    hey. I know how to instance swap perfectly and everything, but i did the scholo ----> Emerald Dream, and the emerald dream itself looks like crap. It has that Tirisfall Glades haze look to it. I've been there on my private server and it was all shiny and awsome looking. Is there any other instance that works with the Emerald Dream? If you know any answer, thanks.
    thats cause, it takes the skybox of scholomance, which looks ****ty. you can probably switch skyboxes and get emerald dream box. Scholo works the best with emerald dream as far as i know

Cavisty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are the Emerald Dream wmo's? I cant seem to find them =/

Iazin12192's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by gotosleep
    thats cause, it takes the skybox of scholomance, which looks ****ty. you can probably switch skyboxes and get emerald dream box. Scholo works the best with emerald dream as far as i know
    where are the skyboxes located?

Demonkunga's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personaly Iv never found a pack of skyboxes. Iv seen the new outlands one, strat, cot, the death clouds, and i think thats about it lol.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i found those too just recently. i was wondering, do you think if i got rid of them and saved them somewhere else, the haze would just look like a normal haze? like if i removed them from the patch.mpq file, would everything just look normal? i'm gonna have to try this.

SomethingCool525's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something for thought, If you all are using Demons link he posted It MAY Never work. I personally havent played around with them, but keep in mind there are many versions of ED, Old Hillsbrad, Azshara Crater and the sort. All of which WILL work, but have certain aspects. Lets take Azshara crater for example, an older version will still change the instance to look like azshara crater yet youll see houses in places they werent meant to be, and be at the base of something youll never be able to climb with invisi walls all over the place. Now use a new version and youll get a working azshara crater with water levels missing, different houses, and different mountains. All of these files must coincide. If ALL the files are there, Scholo shouldnt look as hazy as you make it out to be, perhaps to an extent but nothing of the magnitude that has been expressed.

Check and Recheck everything old in new, I assure you it will be worth your time.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would you know how to get to the OLD files? i'm doing this on a live server, and im assuming they were the new files. i took the terrain files AND the patch files into my speech2.mpq, i dunno if that would mess it up. if you could help out with this just send me a message. ill try posting a s/c of how it looks, mabye then you'll see. and like i remember the sky being all nice and normal looking, and all the trees in the forest i could see perfectly and clearly from far away.

ill post a video or something on photobucket cause TGA files are bein stupid, so you can see what it looks ilke.
    Last edited by Iazin12192; 09-09-2006 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright i tried ZG and VC and they both didnt work...im goin for more instances, troublesome but i want to find one that doesnt have a disgusting haze to it