Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti-AFK - How to know you've been disconnected at night ?

Hello, sorry if this isn't the right place to post, but since it relates to anti-AFK woes I figured it would be fine here.
    (Edit : Just realized "Model editing" isn't just for models, and this thread should probably be there.)

I'm camping rare spawns with a rudimentary anti-AFK bot to keep me online at night, as such, I turn off the music and ambiance, leaving only sound. The problem is, sometimes I get disconnected because of the server or my own connection, and there is no way to know it until I wake up and find out I've been offline for an unknown period of time and probably missed spawns.

This wasn't an issue in WotLK thanks to, as much as I hate to admit it, Sindragosa's roar, which woke me up as soon as I got disconnected so I could get back on. Not so much with Deathwing though, he's so quiet the title screen never wakes me up.

Is there any way to play a sound when you get disconnected ? I suppose add-ons work only in-game and can't do this, right ?
    Any way to disable the BGM in the zones I'm in (namely Deepholm, Vashj'ir and Storm Peaks) so I can turn the Music volume up and get woken up by the title screen BGM ?

Sorry if this seems noobish, I'm not very savvy and I'm pretty pissed off right now because I'm helping a couple of very nice Aeonaxx campers, and we all got disconnected last night... of course, rumor has it Aeonaxx just spawned early in the morning, for the first time in weeks. Oh, bullshit.
    Last edited by Rappy27; 04-26-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Anti-AFK - How to know you've been disconnected at night ?
    ntsmarkv's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best bet is to get a relogger, I suggest this one; --

It show's you how many times you dc'ed you can edit it (Source attached) to show what time it disconnects if your interested. That or ModelChange your Login screen back to WoTLK.
    I'm trying to see if there is a way to play a sound on login screen for you.

Rappy27's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All right - nevermind. Thanks for the suggestion, but I've found a trick that involves only an addon !

I just needed to download and install the Soundtrack addon (found on Curse). It allows you to make an mp3 library which you can use to replace BGM in-game, making your own soundtrack. I just put a blank mp3 in the zones I'm camping in, effectively muting the BGM of this zone only, but leaving everything else (including the title screen music) intact. Woke me up today at 6 am when the servers went down.

Uh... I guess I answered my own question so I feel kind of silly...