0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't find a way to post a visitor message

I doubt this is a bug, maybe I'm just blind. There doesn't seem to be a "forum help" subform, so I'm posting this in what seems to be the most appropriate place.

As the title suggests, I can't seem to find a "send visitor message" button or anything of the sort. I've looked over things several times, thinking I'm missing something obvious, but it just doesn't seem to be there at all. Thoughts?

Can't find a way to post a visitor message
    Ground Zero's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scroll down to the bottom of someones profile page. It's right at the bottom now due a bug. You will be able to send a message from there unless the person disabled visitor messages on their profile.

Cryosepsis's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply. I read another thread where this was stated, the problem is, I still can't find the function. It's simply, not there. Again, maybe it's right in front of my face and I'm not seeing it, I don't know.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone would be kind enough to post a screenshot of where the button is, I'd really appreciate it. Sorry to be a pain, but I'm totally stumped.

Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try the new layout and it should be working. You can change it at the bottom left. The person you're trying to post a message to might have disabled messages as well.

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing at all, I'm afraid. I tried finding it on various profiles, including my own. Double checked that I had visitor messaging enabled. Tried all the skins. Nothing. Sorry. :/

psychobandit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is from the bottom of your profile page and s/b on everyone's unless it's blocked by the user. I wrote "right here on the bottom of your profile page." in the box you type your message in, then just click the "post Message" button.
    Here's a link to the screen cap -->tinypic link

I would have done image tags but it took up WAY too much of the screen

So, is that what you are looking for?

If you still don't see that, maybe you have an Image or Ad blocker that is blocking it from showing up.
    Last edited by psychobandit; 02-07-2011 at 09:33 PM. Reason: typos
    People are always complaining, even if you give them gold they are still complaining that it's too heavy. - CyberDevil

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Thanks so much for the screen cap! That's rather large and obvious, and completely invisible to me, haha. I'm going to go with your assumption that my browser is blocking the content for some reason. I'll fiddle with my permissions and see if that can't be remedied. Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Tried different browser, turned antivir off, turned windows firewall off, allowed all permissions in Firefox, no change. It's simply not there.

Also, from what I've seen, the visitor messaging box is basically the same thing as this quick reply box that I'm using right now, is not? It's strange then that it would be blocked, while quick reply is functional.

This is the first time I've ever had trouble with this particular feature on a forum. Been fiddling with it all day, and now I'm more stumped than I was in the beginning. Sorry for being a pain in the butt guys, it's going to keep bugging me until I figure it out.

Any further thoughts/ suggestions you all might have would be much appreciated.

Ground Zero's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cryosepsis View Post
    ^ Thanks so much for the screen cap! That's rather large and obvious, and completely invisible to me, haha. I'm going to go with your assumption that my browser is blocking the content for some reason. I'll fiddle with my permissions and see if that can't be remedied. Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Tried different browser, turned antivir off, turned windows firewall off, allowed all permissions in Firefox, no change. It's simply not there.

Also, from what I've seen, the visitor messaging box is basically the same thing as this quick reply box that I'm using right now, is not? It's strange then that it would be blocked, while quick reply is functional.

This is the first time I've ever had trouble with this particular feature on a forum. Been fiddling with it all day, and now I'm more stumped than I was in the beginning. Sorry for being a pain in the butt guys, it's going to keep bugging me until I figure it out.

Any further thoughts/ suggestions you all might have would be much appreciated.
    Which theme are you using?
    Which browser are you using?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently using the Blissfully Simple theme and Firefox 3.5.16. I've tried switching out the themes, but it didn't make a difference. I also try viewing the site in Internet Explorer, again, made no difference.

psychobandit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I assume you are logged in when you're trying to post, Not logged in 'tis the only other time I see the box not there....so I am stumped...going to have to default to the admins/forum guys/etc.

*edit* Just as I logged out, I thought of another possibility though the staff will have to answer if it's true! Maybe you have to have a certain # of rep points before you can see it? I know with the new look of the forum, they're messing with lot's of stuff, maybe that's something that got changed?
    Last edited by psychobandit; 02-07-2011 at 09:45 PM.
    People are always complaining, even if you give them gold they are still complaining that it's too heavy. - CyberDevil

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently using the Blissfully Simple theme and Firefox 3.5.16. I've tried switching out the themes, but it didn't make a difference. I also try viewing the site in Internet Explorer, again, made no difference.
    Have you confirmed your email?