0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

posts evaporating

hello, I've been experimenting with posting and I've observed some perplexing seemingly-automated behavior.

It seems the likelihood of a post being deleted or refused is directly proportional to how much the poster doesn't want that post to be deleted or refused. I.e. my posts of little importance are accepted and remain steadfast, while my post regarding my reskin pack, which is being posted in the correct forum (model editing forum), is refused--it says a moderator will be by to check it out before posting--but then, after a moderator approves it, the post evaporates without a trace. Over and over and over. These automated spam filters, I tell ya, you can't trust any of 'em.

posts evaporating
    Ground Zero's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certain threads are denied from users with less than 5 posts/rep (can't remember which) as a attempt to stop the recent spam attacks, the moderators aren't doing anything. They only block certain keywords, I don't know them personally but i'm sure a admin will tell you, as for your model edit one in the right section, a different moderator might have deleted it if it was in the wrong section or broke a rule, I don't know because I was never a moderator in that section.

Wetop's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blame it on the internet-ghosts

leeviathan's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi this is the reincarnation of Banester.

Yes, I was talking about this site. Sorry, my initial post suffers from haughtiness and may have been unclear, plus I had no idea what was going on, and still don't, really. However, I've spoken with a moderator and gained the insight of their perspective: apparently, some of my posts were incapable of being accepted by moderators. That is, they could be "OK"ed by them, but the act of "OK"ing them had no effect.

Also, I'm under the impression that every time I, or even a moderator, edited my posts, the edited post would enter that unrectifiable needs-moderator-approval status (previously described).

I suspect the issues really came from editing my posts, because my posts are and were able to be approved initially (that is, I could make a thread, have it approved and everything would be good until I edited it, at which point the initial post would disappear, having entered the needs-approval status, leaving an apparently headless thread). If I were to edit my model editing forum posts with this account, I bet the exact same thing would happen as before (that is, the posts would disappear and enter the needs-approval-but-cannot-be-approved limbo). But I have just enough sanity left to not test out my theory.
    Last edited by leeviathan; 02-05-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: clarification

leeviathan's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it appears even my posts in this thread are being flagged for moderation. I wonder if they will be approveable, or if they are bugged completely...