0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Release] a more enjoyable and less dull Elwynn forrest :D

This is my first edit I have done, I have finally finished it but the textures didnt come out exactly how i wanted it to but its good enough i like it.

This edit took me a while to get it how it is, Mainly because it was my first edit I have done, Anyways i have deleted a lot of trees so it doesnt look too crowded and make it a bit more opened.

this started out as a test but then i like how it turned out and continued it.

there are a couple trees that didnt want to change or get deleted so i just left them there but its not much, and there are a couple spots where the txtures are darker but I couldnt fix that without redoing the who .adt so i just ignored it lol, its not bad and not really noticeable unless you really look at it lol.
    other than that it looks really nice IMO,

Please leave comments about this edit, any advice to make my future edits like better please say it
    thanx.

here are some pics of it:

here is the Download link

Download Elwynn forrest.zip

Enjoy
    Last edited by vonkova; 06-30-2010 at 03:26 AM.

[Release] a more enjoyable and less dull Elwynn forrest :D
    The Lex's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That last screenshot looks totally awesome!
    https://soundcloud.com/lexissopro

Zantas's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect choice of trees!

https://i45.tinypic.com/157df7r.jpg

Toyoka's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed dude, that is an awesome look for Elwynn! Much prettier
    ~ "When you find it hard doing right in what you do, you've got a problem" ~

newtech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta admit. Nice work there dude Try make Westfall a cursed and burned out place. Like somewhat a forsaken place
    +Rep dude

vonkova's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanx for the comments everyone
    It would of looked a lot better if the textures would of work as i wanted it to lol but it still looks nice and i love it, I couldnt stand the old elwynn, it was way to dull and boring so i wanted to add some color to it lol.

OH and i also for got to mention, when it rains i changed the rain color to fit the theme better you will see it when it rains

Arrezt's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great! I have to try this immediatly!

Edit: a few trees are bugged (levitating), but looks great anyways!
    Last edited by Arrezt; 03-14-2010 at 10:42 PM.

ßetray's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by newtech View Post
    I gotta admit. Nice work there dude Try make Westfall a cursed and burned out place. Like somewhat a forsaken place
    +Rep dude

One of Baron Soosdon's or Snoman's Machimas has a Burnt/Destroyed Elwynn Forest. I'll see if I can find the link.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfWZAARO3E"]YouTube- [HighDef version] Sunday Break[/ame]

Something like that
    Last edited by ßetray; 03-14-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Subset's Avatar Vanaka
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I likey elwynn forest!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Arrezt View Post
    Looks great! I have to try this immediatly!

Edit: a few trees are bugged (levitating), but looks great anyways!

Yea i know, this was my first area change, of course its not gunna be perfect, But atleast i know from this edit on what i messed up on.

My next edit will be better now since i know what i messed up on and from what Ive learned.
    Im still learning more about this stuff but since this was my very first edit. I like it and im currently using it

Im glad every one like it, And i can tell you my next one will be better.
    Only thing is...... Idk what to do yet

Lowfyr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work mate ;]

nik321's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Im Kind of newb/new to this world building, I read up on Toyoka's guide and it pretty much explained it well, I know how to Extract the Tiles and add Objects ect, But what i dont understand is what you do when your editing a whole place like this? Do you go threw the whole of elwyn downloading each Tile? Or just do you edit it all on Noggit then click Ctrl + Save? If You could please explain how to edit big projects like this, it would help so much =) Like do you run allway through elwyn, deleted everything and start again? Or do you download each tile then edit, ect.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nik321 View Post
    Hey, Im Kind of newb/new to this world building, I read up on Toyoka's guide and it pretty much explained it well, I know how to Extract the Tiles and add Objects ect, But what i dont understand is what you do when your editing a whole place like this? Do you go threw the whole of elwyn downloading each Tile? Or just do you edit it all on Noggit then click Ctrl + Save? If You could please explain how to edit big projects like this, it would help so much =) Like do you run allway through elwyn, deleted everything and start again? Or do you download each tile then edit, ect.

There are many ways to model edit an area, everyone does there own editing in there own type of way, What i do first is extract all the adt's that are from that selected area, then use noggit to navagate my way around the area, and deleteing/changing what needs to be done. I change only 1 adt at a time and save once im done with that adt. then move to the next.
    TO add items i Use taliis, I select ONe adt at a time and swap/add what needs to be done. once done then i save. and compile into a .mpq, then i transfer it to my data folder for wow and test it out, IF something in game doesnt turn out i go to noggit, go to that adt see what is messed up and change it, then again compile to adt. so on so on, its easy but requires a lot of time, this area change u msged on was my first area change i have ever done so its kinda bad, but the more you do the better you get at it. I hope i helped

nik321's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye man sweet, I know about Tallis and everything and about adding stuff into Noggit. But say i wanted to re-do the whole of the barrens with grass... Would i go to Noggit, Start at a starting point (that i choose), Download that .Adt tile.. and then just edit it through noggit (so if i wanted to delete sumit, delete it in noggit not tallis), When im done with tht, ctrl + save... Move over a few sqm, and next tile? So kinda like tht? Im guessing it takes along time to re vamp a whole area like elwyn? And please may you re upload this elwyn forest, i reli wna test it in game it looks so beautiful

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nik321 View Post
    Ye man sweet, I know about Tallis and everything and about adding stuff into Noggit. But say i wanted to re-do the whole of the barrens with grass... Would i go to Noggit, Start at a starting point (that i choose), Download that .Adt tile.. and then just edit it through noggit (so if i wanted to delete sumit, delete it in noggit not tallis), When im done with tht, ctrl + save... Move over a few sqm, and next tile? So kinda like tht? Im guessing it takes along time to re vamp a whole area like elwyn? And please may you re upload this elwyn forest, i reli wna test it in game it looks so beautiful
    you dont download the adt, you either extract it form common-2.mpq or you save it in noggit to get your adt, then after that you just use noggit to edit your map save then move to the next adt.

and about the elwynn one, I dont have the .mpq anymore, so if someone else that has it can upload it then that would work but i dont hav eit any more srry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast