0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Section Interviews] - Emulation!

Hello everyone! Glynbeard here, and today I will be introducing a new idea on interviewing members of the site.

I was thinking to myself the other day, why interview members by rank? This has many cons like: not giving other members a chance to share their opinions and experiences just because they are new, minimizing the potential audience and severely limiting active participants (elite+).

What is an option to continue interviewing members and open it up exponentially? Well one that came to mind for me, was doing it by sections.

Why not take 3-5 members of the programming section (just an example) and get some general knowledge out of them? Not only would this mean that those white namers could finally have a chance to get their voices heard in the News Section, but having a purpose and a point to an interview is 100 times more effective and entertaining than asking random questions to a high ranking member.

My idea was a bi-weekly article that focused on a different major section each time (Graphics, Emu, ME, Exploits, etc.). Questions could range from, 'what got you into this section' to specific ones (eg. what tools would you suggest to someone just starting world building?). This would theoretically grab some traffic to the covered section each week.

So, here we are. If this week goes well, I will post another poll and we can try again with a different section on the site.

So without further adieu, lets get this show on the road!

[BREAK=Emulation Section Interviews]

So for those of you who didn’t know about the poll to vote in, I’m sorry you missed out (but you may have another chance next week ). But for those who did, thank you for taking the time to choose and I hope you are satisfied with the result.

This week will be the Emulation section and feature interviews from members: Algorithm, Dynashock, dota1wow, and Dr. Cheasterfield.

These interviews will touch on things like: the mechanics of each section, big news, their interests, highs and lows and whatever else my crazy mind comes up with. I would also like to mention, some of the interviewee's have language difference so their convo's will be slightly harder to read.

I hope you enjoy it!

[BREAK=Interview #1: Dynashock]

Interview conducted via: MSN.

Glynbeard:

Hello, Dynashock. Thank you for doing this interview with me Let us begin.
    1. Mind introducing yourself to the community? Who are you around the forum?

Dynashock:
    I'm Nathan, I'm from the Netherlands and I'm 17 years young. I'm known as Dynashock on MMOwned.

Glynbeard:
    2. What first sparked your interest in the emulation scene here?

Dynashock:
    As most around the scene I started lurking, because I was interested in playing on private servers after I had been show how to play on one by a friend of mine. It was later I wanted to know more about the mechanics behind it and eventually create my own things.

Glynbeard:
    Ah, cool.
    3. Would you be able to explain what goes down in this section of the forum for those members who don't often frequent it?

Dynashock:
    As the section name already says it, privately hosted WoW servers is what it is about. This means it's quite a broad section as you'll be able to find anything from starting up your first WoW server to a fully integrated site. There's also releases to customize your private server and guides on how to do things. Of course there's also some drama here and there, but I see it as free amusement.

Glynbeard:
    4. Who, would you say, has been your biggest inspiration in the sectiond and why?

Dynashock:
    Tough question! Let me think for a moment.

Glynbeard:
    It is! No problemo.

Dynashock:

I have to say I'm usually quite amazed by stoneharry. He reminds me of the fact that by thinking out of the box we can achieve so much more.

Glynbeard:

Stoneharry is def a crazy guy!
    5. Emulation has many different sides to creating a truley awe-inspiring piece of art (concept, code etc.). Which would you say is your strongest area?

Dynashock:
    My strongest area would be writing Lua scripts, I think. At least, it's what I focus on and usually am busy with.

Glynbeard:

Ah, cool. I would very much like to look at Lua if i could find the time.

Dynashock:
    You should.
    There's still a lot of stuff that can be done with it, as a recent release has proven, namely a battleground written in Lua.

Glynbeard:
    I'll have to check that out! Sounds awesome.
    6. The idea of emulation World of Warcraft servers has had a hard time in the past (what with being targeted by Blizzard). Would you say this has strengthened the resolve to build bigger and better servers, or weaken it?

Dynashock:
    I honestly haven't felt the impact of it myself, as I've never been with any truly big servers which are usually Blizzard's target. There's of course some small things Blizzard's done to make our lives more difficult (the red icon question mark bug for example, and more recently the custom weapon bug in 3.3.0). But I think we just adapt and try to think more clever.

Glynbeard:
    It seems like one large game of cat and mouse.

Dynashock:
    Well, of course it is. Blizzard's trying to root them out as they have an image to keep up, but they don't have the manpower nor the capital to target every single emulator, server, website, guy there is out there.

Glynbeard:
    Very true!
    7. Like you mentioned earlier, the Emulation section has its fair share of 'drama'. Why is this? Whenever I take a peek in, everything is fine and dandy.

Dynashock:
    Jealousy, grudges and plain immaturity. People will always want what the other's having, thus sometimes if someone doesn't want to share, there's some drama. Don't get me wrong, I like open source, but sometimes there's things you want to keep to yourself. Then there's grudges, some people hate others for what they've heard or seen. And then there is immaturity, which is like the basic package that comes with the internet.

Glynbeard:

8. If you had to pick 1 epic release (by yourself or another), which would it be and why?

Dynashock:

There's a lot of releases that deserve to be in the spotlight, hm-m...
    I don't really have a favourite of my own, but as long as you've got a unique and a solid concept, and executed well then you've got my vote. The repack Hyperion springs to mind, but there's also the recently released battleground I mentioned earlier.

Glynbeard:
    (Kinda a weird one but..)
    9. If you had to describe the MMOwned emulation communinty in exactly 1 word, which would it be?

Dynashock:

Ehm, interesting?

Glynbeard:

Haha very well.
    10. Have you ever personally created or managed a WoW server? If so, what were some of the apparent challenges and how did you overcome them?

Dynashock:

I've of course created WoW servers locally, but I've only created one server for public with a team. I'd have to say keeping the players and your team interested is the biggest challenge. We fought this by introducing new concepts, releasing development diaries, but you can raise the pressure by doing that. Technically wise we had a server to keep up, which didn't have support from the public emulators anymore, which proved to be interesting. With bits and bolts, and a dedicated core developer for a while, we managed to keep up with retail patch-wise.

Glynbeard:

I might as well ask. Was it worth the work? Did you have fun doing it? Or what is your motivation for going through all of that?

Dynashock:
    It was worth the work as the experience, friends I've gained was immense! Mostly I was having fun, but life can't be all but fun so there were peaks and downs. Happy players is a really good motivation.

Glynbeard:
    11. One of the reasons I never really got into this is because it looked very time consuming. How much time do you personally spend dedicated to anything emulation related each week? What is most of this time spent doing?

Dynashock:
    I at least keep up with the forums every day, thus that'd translate in about .5-1hrs (I don't check every topic). Then there's research, which really varies on what I've seen and read, this mean I can just go google a bit, look up some code, write some code myself and some tryouts. Most of my time I'm writing scripts and helping people if they run in to trouble. All-in-all, I could say I spend at least 8 hours a week in it nowadays, but I've also had peaks of 20+. :P

Glynbeard:
    Wow! Sounds like a part time job almost haha. But heck, if you enjoy doing it why not.
    12. We all started as noobs, what methods did you use to heighten your intellect in this area of entertainment?

Dynashock:
    Lua-wise I've read guides which weren't WoW related but pure Lua related to broaden my Lua skills. That's how I've learnt to use tables before they started appearing so much in public, and there's still stuff I can learn. And of course reading through source code, through a lot of source code. Reading source code is a great way of learning.
    And of course just trying things, which sometimes messes up stuff badly.
    So have your backups ready, folks.

Glynbeard:
    Haha
    13. World of Warcraft is obviously a big choice for emulated servers, why has this not been done with other large MMO’s currently out there?

Dynashock:
    Isn't it like the biggest western MMO out there? Besides that, I've no idea. :P

Glynbeard:
    Fair enough
    14. I know this might sound weird, but do you consider members of the Model Editing section rivals? In the past there were many battles for more traffic but what is it like now?

Dynashock:

I've never considered them as rivals, as I'm interested in model editing myself, but frankly I don't have the time for it besides emulation. With that said, by teaming up with them instead we can create better experiences for the players on a server and going beyond Blizzard.

Glynbeard:
    That would really be an interesting project.
    15. What would you consider as the largest hurdle in becoming experienced in Lua or C++? How could other members avoid this hurdle?

Dynashock:
    Others telling you what you can and can't do. Be wary of what others say but don't let them lead you.

Glynbeard:
    16. In your opinion, what is/was the most successful emulated WoW server to date? What did they do differently that lead to this success?

Dynashock:
    WoWScape in numbers, Epilogue in role-playing. No idea what WoWscape did differently, but Epilogue did it with unique and refreshing concepts.

Glynbeard:
    I've heard of WoWScape, but not Epilogue. That doesn't say much though, haha.
    17. There have been many server suites in WoW emulation (MaNGOS, Ascent etc.), which is your favorite? How come?

Dynashock:
    My favourite would be any ascent-derative for the fact most of them support Lua which is my main coding language and because I'm more familiar with their structure. Doesn't mean they're the best emulators out there though, as if you're wanting to run a pure blizzlike server you're probably better off using MaNGOS/TrinityCore. Each single one of them has their own pluses and minuses.

Glynbeard:
    18. Do you have any ideas for emulation you would like to carry out but haven’t had the time/willpower to follow through on?

Dynashock:
    A fullly custom profession.

Glynbeard:

Intriguing, I'd love to see it if you ever finished
    19. Now is the time to say it, do you have any last comments you would like to share with the community that were not covered in the previous questions?

Dynashock:
    Follow your heart.

Glynbeard:
    20. Anybody you would like to personally thank before the interview is finished?

Dynashock:
    My mom.

Glynbeard:
    Interesting, I wanted to thank her as well.. But that is a different story for another time.
    Thanks!

[BREAK=Interview #2: Algorithm]

Interview conducted via: Private Message.

Glynbeard:
    1. Who are you around MMOwned?

Algorithm:

I am Algorithm, a Contributor.

Glynbeard:

Algorithm:
    Most important is community involvement, reputation system, memers gratitude.

Glynbeard:
    3. Would you be able to shed some light on that exactly goes down in this section for those members who don’t frequent it?

Algorithm:
    I think mmowned is the best Emulation Source out there, if you do not have an account on Mmowned its guranteed you are missing the most advanced scripts, guides, e.t.c

Glynbeard:
    4. Who would you say has been your biggest inspiration in this section? Why?

Algorithm:
    2D and Chrispee. 2D is Just a perfect guy and a staff member, Chrispee just deserves a medal, i started using his work when i first started.

Glynbeard:
    5. Emulation has many different sides to creating a truly awe-inspiring piece of art (concept, code etc.). Which would you say is your strongest area?

Algorithm:
    C++ , Release sections

Glynbeard:
    6. The idea of emulating World of Warcraft servers has hard a rough time in the past (what with being targeted by Blizzard). Would you say this has strengthened the resolve to build bigger and better servers, or weakened it?

Algorithm:
    In my opinion, the more people get involved in Emulation the stronger the community is and experience in developing private servers.

Glynbeard:
    7. Emulation, especially at MMOwned, is known to be one of the sections with the highest amount of ‘drama’. Why is this? Whenever I take a peek in it, everything looks calm and dandy.

Algorithm:
    Emulation section is like Wall-Street, best of the best face to face with each other, obviously drama arises.

Glynbeard:
    8. If you had to choose one epic release, which would you pick? What made it so special?

Algorithm:
    Aterac valley 3.3.0 repack

Glynbeard:
    9. Can you, in exactly 1 word, describe your favorite part of WoW emulation for us?

Algorithm:
    Shoutbox for Contributors

Glynbeard:
    10. Have you ever created or managed a World of Warcraft server? If so, what were some of the apparent challenges and how did you overcome them?

Algorithm:

Yes i run VCN aka Insane WoW PvP. Most difficult part is to attract and keep your players and fix as many spells related issues as possible.

Glynbeard:
    11. One of the reasons I never really got into this is because it looked very time consuming. How much time do you personally spend dedicated to anything emulation related each week? What is most of this time spent doing?

Algorithm:
    I spend at least 8 hours a day, managing my server, helping players, forum users, mmowned e.t.c

Glynbeard:
    12. We all started as noobs, what methods did you use to heighten your intellect in this area of entertainment?

Algorithm:
    Guides, Guides and again GUIDES!

Glynbeard:
    13. World of Warcraft is obviously a big choice for emulated servers, why has this not been done with other large MMO’s currently out there?

Algorithm:
    I think WoW Emulation is more advanced, other Emulators for other games is a joke if you ask me.

Glynbeard:
    14. I know this might sound weird, but do you consider members of the Model Editing section rivals? In the past there were many battles for more traffic but what is it like now?

Algorithm:
    I do not participate nor interested in model editing.

Glynbeard:
    15. What would you consider as the largest hurdle in becoming experienced in Lua or C++? How could other members avoid this hurdle?

Algorithm:
    Don't copy paste or edit scripts, that's where most users fail, creating your own script using a guide is more efficient, as you will understand your own script.

Glynbeard:
    16. In your opinion, what is/was the most successful emulated WoW server to date?

Algorithm:
    WoWScape.

Glynbeard:
    17. There have been many server suites in WoW emulation (MaNGOS, Ascent etc.), which is your favorite? How come?

Algorithm:
    Ascent based emulators, advanced, easy to understand and develop.

Glynbeard:
    18. Do you have any ideas for emulation you would like to carry out but haven’t had the time/willpower to follow through on?

Algorithm:
    I have many pending open projects ofcourse.

Glynbeard:
    19. Now is the time to say it, do you have any last comments you would like to share with the community that were not covered in the previous questions?

Algorithm:
    Firstly i would like to say: The longer the community stays together and prosper, there will be no stop to us. Do not afraid to release anything, we all start from somewhere, New comers, read as many guides as you can, always have the will to learn do not stop if something doesn't work instead come to MMOwned and ask a question we are waiting!

Glynbeard:

20. Anybody you would like to personally thank before the interview is finished?

Algorithm:
    2D for being very cool and supportive, Ground Zero for being a nubcake (love this guy), Chrispee for making awesome repacks few years back and inspiring all of us. KuRIoS for being shmexy.

Glynbeard:
    Haha, thanks for the interview mate!

[BREAK=Interview #3: Dr. Cheasterfield]

Interview conducted via: Private Message.

Glynbeard:

Dr. Cheasterfield:

Around MMOwned, I'm just a younge French boy called Maximilien, who loves challenges, girls, programming, life, and World Of Warcraft. I'm studying in Behavioral Science.

Glynbeard:

Dr. Cheasterfield:

I came to MMOwned, because there's a lot of share. In France, everybody is focused on themselves, there's no shareing, no helping, and a lot of leechering. So, I've heard a lot of good things about MMOwned, and when I saw all the releases, scripts, ect… I knew that it will be my next home.

Glynbeard:

3. Would you be able to shed some light on that exactly goes down in this section for those members who don’t frequent it?

Dr. Cheasterfield:
    The Emulation section, is for the people who's searching something they haven't yet (leechers), maybe they just want to see what others people can do, or they just want to share/learn. A lot of possibilities, if you want to discover the Emulation's side. And the peoples who are working on it, are there.

Glynbeard:
    4. Who would you say has been your biggest inspiration in this section? Why?

Dr. Cheasterfield:

Who? Ehhh… Really, I don't know, I'm my own source of inspiration. And I've never download a lot of things posted, but my big friend Valkyrie, is probably the biggest source I can think of!

Glynbeard:
    5. Emulation has many different sides to creating a truly awe-inspiring piece of art (concept, code etc.). Which would you say is your strongest area?

Dr. Cheasterfield:

Ahah, I love this question. There are a lot of faces, but my favorite is the concept, I'm a dreamer, i love innovation, imagination, and when I invent a few new concepts. And I'm following my own principle, make something amazing, but also something light.

Glynbeard:
    6. The idea of emulating World of Warcraft servers has hard a rough time in the past (what with being targeted by Blizzard). Would you say this has strengthened the resolve to build bigger and better servers, or weakened it?

Dr. Cheasterfield:
    The idea of emulating World Of Warcraft servers is the most enormous ineptitude that exists on earth. But the stupidity of man is incurable, so we're all a fan of that. But yes the emulators like Mangos or Ascent are weakness than the official of Blizzard.

Glynbeard:

7. Emulation, especially at MMOwned, is known to be one of the sections with the highest amount of ‘drama’. Why is this? Whenever I take a peek in it, everything looks calm and dandy.

Dr. Cheasterfield:
    Ahah, it's the same problem everywhere. Leechers… This sub-race which robs the creations by appropriating the content and all the credit. An Epic War! But it's a private one. You can see it when the fight is on a thread, but it's mainly a private war, hidden from the eyes of the public.

Glynbeard:

8. If you had to choose one epic release, which would you pick? What made it so special?

Dr. Cheasterfield:
    Hummm, I don't know, maybe Hyperion... The content is fresh, there's some innovations, everything is working, and it's a clean code.

Glynbeard:
    9. Can you, in exactly 1 word, describe your favorite part of WoW emulation for us? (i love this one xD)

Dr. Cheasterfield:
    Congratulations.

Glynbeard:
    10. Have you ever created or managed a World of Warcraft server? If so, what were some of the apparent challenges and how did you overcome them?

Dr. Cheasterfield:
    Yes, I have. The first and the biggest problem, was to find players, and to overcome it, I have found a great concept, different that the others, for being exclusive (In Europe, there no GvG servers.). The second big problem, was to find a good staff, and in France, this is not easy, so I've done everything alone, you are never better served than by yourself!

Glynbeard:

Dr. Cheasterfield:

I have got a social life, so I spent, 1 or 4 hours a day, for 20 hours or a little more a week. I'm spending my time on facebook, talking to my girlfriend, and listening music. The rest of the time, I'm coding new scripts for my own entertainment.

Glynbeard:

Dr. Cheasterfield:

Well, it was not really easy to start. There was a lot of people who didn't believe in me. I was nothing. When i started something, 2 days after, I stopped. I was a big leecher. But one day, When i was tired of dramas, and betrayals… I became another man, serious, responsible, and everything I undertook, became useful and fabulous. Everything is about perseverance, listening, learning. If you have an idea, defends it, embodies it, makes it into something good.

Glynbeard:

Dr. Cheasterfield:

Because World of Warcraft, was a strategy game in the beginning, a series of books, card games, ect… The Biggest ever seen. Warcraft1 with the battle between the humans and the orcs, Warcraft2, Warcraft3 with the new races. Everything was focused to create an effect of community, with 2 separate clans, that everything oppose. After that. Appears the MMORPG of Warcraft (WoW), with all this impressive graphics, the unique game mode in a huge world, the inter-factional clans, all the content of the beautiful background. All this things, make of WoW the Biggest Massive online MMO of the world.

Glynbeard:

Dr. Cheasterfield:

Not a lot... They just make differents type of releases... We are just working on the hidden side of the game, and they are working on the aesthetic side of the game. But yes, these are 2 very different sections, and 2 different types of development, so 2 clans, and a little fight. There is just a little challenge, to prove that a branch can do better than others in their field.

Glynbeard:

Dr. Cheasterfield:

The errors.. When you've done something, without some tests, you finish it and nothing is working. Then when you try so hard to find out where you've made a mistake, and that you can't find where the heart of the problem lies... Just calm down, take a break, spend your time doing something else, and 1 hour after you will find what's going wrong.

Glynbeard:
    16. In your opinion, what is/was the most successful emulated WoW server to date?

Dr. Cheasterfield:
    WowScape 4EVER <3!

Glynbeard:

Dr. Cheasterfield:
    My favorite is Ascent, because the first private server where i played, was under Ascent. So out of nostalgia, I continue with this emulator.

Glynbeard:

Dr. Cheasterfield:

Ehhhh, maybe Icecrow Citadel fully working.

Glynbeard:

Dr. Cheasterfield:
    Fiuuuuu! So, i want to know why the peoples are really sweet here because, in a few days I'm being interviewed, and I'm also being requested by a lot of people. (It's MMOwned, what more can I say?)

Glynbeard:
    20. Anybody you would like to personally thank before the interview is over?

Dr. Cheasterfield:
    Yes, i would like to thank Valkyrie for everything he has done for me. Sadikum for some help. Stoneharry for approving my Epic-threads, everyone who voted for me, followed me, congratulated me, and enjoyed my releases like Ground Zero, Proxes, Hellgawd, and all the other names who I forgot.

Glynbeard:
    Thanks Dr. Cheasterfield!

[BREAK=Interview #4: dota1wow]

Interview Conducted via: Private Message.

Glynbeard:

dota1wow:
    I guess I'd say I am just a person, not really anactive member. I'm a reader, not a writer.

Glynbeard:

dota1wow:
    I checked here for tools, for experiences with wow models and work/changes etc.

Glynbeard:
    3. Emulation has many different sides to creating a truly awe-inspiring piece of art (concept, code etc.). Which would you say is your strongest area?

dota1wow:
    I had my own server for 4 whole years and did everything myself. Including emu coding, db, populate world. I guess I'm pretty strong in everything.

Glynbeard:
    4. The idea of emulating World of Warcraft servers has hard a rough time in the past (what with being targeted by Blizzard). Would you say this has strengthened the resolve to build bigger and better servers, or weakened it?

dota1wow:
    I guess Blizzard likes private servers, they give new people to official servers and ofc now private servers are stronger and bigger but are still no real problem for Blizz.

Glynbeard:
    5. Emulation, especially at MMOwned, is known to be one of the sections with the highest amount of ‘drama’.
    Why is this? Whenever I take a peek in it, everything looks calm and dandy.

dota1wow:
    Im not so familiar in this forum - but other forums which I was part of before had the same 'drama'. Everyone would steal sources from others etc.
    It all started from wademu , Wad would write emu and sell it - others would steal crack and give to again others as their own development.

Glynbeard:
    6. Can you, in exactly 1 word, describe your favorite part of WoW emulation for us?

dota1wow:
    Interesting. (HMM I've heard this one before)

Glynbeard:
    7. Have you ever created or managed a World of Warcraft server? If so, what were some of the apparent challenges and how did you overcome them?

dota1wow:
    Yes, I had a server for 4 whole years , it was the biggest and most populated online server for about 2 years. Our server first got 100 players then 400 (max cap in wad emu) then we first got 1000 and finally 1500. And after we stop growing, new servers came and we went down a bit. Now the server is alive but with a small online population.

Glynbeard:
    8. One of the reasons I never really got into this is because it looked very time consuming. How much time do you personally spend dedicated to anything emulation related each week? What is most of this time spent doing?

dota1wow:
    I write emu codes, working on new emulation projects, total mod (Dota WoW). I work usually 2-4 hours/day.

Glynbeard:
    9. We all started as noobs, what methods did you use to heighten your intellect in this area of entertainment?

dota1wow:
    Just experience and a lot of hard work.

Glynbeard:
    10. World of Warcraft is obviously a big choice for emulated servers, why has this not been done with other large MMO’s currently out there?

dota1wow:
    LA, LA2 , Ultima Online - it is not a big part, I don't think so WoW is the most popular mmorpg for now, there is a lot of servers.

Glynbeard:
    11. What would you consider as the largest hurdle in becoming experienced in Lua or C++? How could other members avoid this hurdle?

dota1wow:
    I don't know what to advise - I'm a proffesional programmer and have no problems with languages. If you know "how it works" you don't spend
    a lot of time on languages - just write

Glynbeard:
    12. In your opinion, what is/was the most successful emulated WoW server to date? What did they do differently, to make it to the top?

dota1wow:
    I do not watch over wow servers now, I'm guessing the most populated is the most successful.

Glynbeard:
    13. There have been many server suites in WoW emulation (MaNGOS, Ascent etc.), which is your favorite?

dota1wow:
    RunWoW.

Glynbeard:
    14. Do you have any ideas for emulation you would like to carry out but haven’t had the time/willpower to follow through on?

dota1wow:
    As I mentioned above - total modifications, my own world and not just copying officials.

Glynbeard:
    15. Now is the time to say it, do you have any last comments you would like to share with the community that were not covered in the previous questions?

dota1wow:
    Work Work Work If you have no power to work - work anyway, and you will eventually have a result

Glynbeard:
    16. Anybody you would like to personally thank before the interview is finished?

dota1wow:
    Sorry, I don`t know anybody here, oops! :P

Glynbeard:
    No problemo, dota1wow. Thanks for the interview

[BREAK=Conclusion]

Well, that's it guys! I hope you thought it was an interesting read.

Make sure to check for my thread which will act as a poll to decide the next section to be interviewed in 2 weeks (maybe you'll be in it?...).

[MAKE SURE YOUR FAVORITE SECTION WINS BY VOTING]
    Thanks,
    -Glynbeard
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 01-27-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: please no BIG pics in articles

[Section Interviews] - Emulation!
    JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dutch people FTW!

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting read, I quote Dr. Cheaterfield:
    The second big problem, was to find a good staff, and in France, this is not easy, so I've done everything alone, you are never better served than by yourself!
    I have to disagree. It's not country specific, I find hiring staff to be a nightmare. They either have the wrong skills or are immature/untrustworthy, at the end of the day it does come down to you making progress happen and not relying on others, but sometimes a project on a large magnitude requires more than one person to get it done in a forseable future. When I look for staff, I don't care whether there from France, America or Russia. If they get the job done and there trustworthy, it's good enough for me.

Hellgawd's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are all really great interviews, I enjoyed reading them. Keep up the good work, Glynbeard? (Did you get a name change? I don't tihnk I know you... rofl.)
    Anyways, cheers,
    -HG

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hellgawd View Post
    These are all really great interviews, I enjoyed reading them. Keep up the good work, Glynbeard? (Did you get a name change? I don't tihnk I know you... rofl.)
    Anyways, cheers,
    -HG

haha thanks, I used to be Qhan. But before that I was Glynbeard here (weird, I know). Anyways thanks for the compliment.

Hellgawd's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YAYQHANfill

Algorithm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was a pleasant interview

T@rget's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi nice article but all those big pictures are making the front page stretch up pretty badly

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by T@rget View Post
    Hi nice article but all those big pictures are making the front page stretch up pretty badly
    It is stetched because of the poll not the news posts.

Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Now graphics!

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com