0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rolling a new tank

I recently started a new account, am not in a guild, and approaching level 55 on my druid. I am considering switching to a DK once I hit 55 as I've played a druid before and think I want something different. My question is, if I roll a DK with the intent to tank, am I too far behind current progression to really catch up and find a decent guild as a tank? Or would it be best in terms of getting into endgame raids if I just rolled a dps since gearing is a little more lenient in the sense that a slightly undergeared dps can be made up for but a shitty tank cannot

Rolling a new tank
    Maisteri's Avatar That spoiler guy
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh when you get to 80 run random HC's as DPS but use the emblems to buy tank T9.

This way you will rather quickly be in shape for heroics and will get instant randoms to buy maybe DPS T9 or something else you might need.

Multitask's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 word. Randoms. although, id stay a druid tank. dk is overrated

Trollblod's Avatar Elite drone
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by -ßlink- View Post
    1 word. Randoms. although, id stay a druid tank. dk is overrated
    I just quoted to 100%.

xplozuhn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? I recall feral tanks being pretty undesirable, although I haven't played endgame since pre-ulduar. Aren't feral tanks also harder to gear than a plate wearing tank? I can't imagine t9 feral set is optimized for tanking

NeonMonkeys's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xplozuhn View Post
    Really? I recall feral tanks being pretty undesirable, although I haven't played endgame since pre-ulduar. Aren't feral tanks also harder to gear than a plate wearing tank? I can't imagine t9 feral set is optimized for tanking
    A good friend of mine plays a druid, he's feral offspec but in his tank gear he has 50k hp self buffed, and has no trouble holding aggro.

BrightChild's Avatar I AM 100$ SERIOUS
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warriors and paladins are the most desirable tanks. Druids are kind of in the middle honestly, with dks being pretty undesirable due to recent nerfs (and that -20% dodge in ICC doesn't help dks cause either, same for druids).

iindi500's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently tanking ICC 10/25 as a Death Knight Tank and finding no problems with staying alive or holding aggro and my fav combo for tanks is Pally and death knight, and personally i have both a druid and death knight and find it quicker getting to 80 as blood death knight with the no down time using rune tap death strike and other survivability moves

Starcraft1535's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    7/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently started a new account, am not in a guild, and approaching level 55 on my druid. I am considering switching to a DK once I hit 55 as I've played a druid before and think I want something different. My question is, if I roll a DK with the intent to tank, am I too far behind current progression to really catch up and find a decent guild as a tank? Or would it be best in terms of getting into endgame raids if I just rolled a dps since gearing is a little more lenient in the sense that a slightly undergeared dps can be made up for but a shitty tank cannot
    The answer is yes (think of it this way a free lvl 55 toon :P) I also lvl a druid tell i got to 55 and saw how much easier it is to lvl a dk (all the group quest you can do by urself in blood spec) anyways about the tank part wait tell ur 80 then get some tank gear stay in dps gear tell then. The wait for Dungeons isnt too bad for dps. I see it as a way to quest wile waiting

Kopleff's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think. it depends on you.

Fadelol's Avatar ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Thanks G/R
    161/204
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My question is, if I roll a DK with the intent to tank, am I too far behind current progression to really catch up and find a decent guild as a tank?
    As a tank, probably possible thanks to the new LFG system. You can easily get a gearscore around 4900~ from the Triumph badges and the new ICC5 man instances alone. Adding to that is the possibility to buy higher level gear, if you have the gold for it, and VOA25 drops. There is also frost emblem gear, which will take longer per piece but will be a major upgrade and the Ashen Verdict rep ring that is pretty easy to get as long as you run some farm runs. And at least on my server there are plenty of them.

Good luck.
    ~Fadelol

jczoquqi's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good friend of mine