0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

**help needed*** *****please read***

Hey there, I recently was trying to legitly sell my WoW 80 mage, and I posted it on craigslist to do a local trade, and I got about 5 e-mails within a day (all chinese) wanting to buy via paypal.

I e-mailed 3 and aimed two, I could tell the two were both chinese scammers because immediatly they asked for armory, then offer, then my paypal e-mail to send. So this is what I did, I told one guy it was for 200, then the other that somone said they would buy for 250. Ect.

It ended up one sent me 350, and I told the guy that offerd 300, that the one dude was a scammer so go ahead and send it.

I was giving my info to the 350 because I really didn't care. I didn't have the sq/a anyway, so I made one up, and told him the CORRECT login, and it was invalid, so the OO scammed it back from me.

He called me a ****er, actually both of them called me a ****er, and haven't responded since, I already requested a check to the 350 payment, but not the 300 payment. Am I okay? they are both from china, so they coulden't call my local police or anything right? since they talked like this.. "hey u sell acc?" "k ty can i hav armoury?" "ok whats paypal adress?" I was like LOL!

But then again, I might not be loling while im talking to the cops.

Thanks again I think i'm fine i've done this before, but i've just never requested a check, last time I did it, the money was just recalled. AFTER I gave them real info. lol.. back in bc :P

Thanks

Dryad

**help needed*** *****please read***
    Durkadurlol's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They most likely were using stolen paypal account, if you actually received funds in your account, it will most likely be disputed later as an unauthorized transaction, and there wont be much you can do that at point to protect yourself.

Your safe from the police, but the money might just slight back out of your hands.

Goodluck

opposite's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What this will most likely boil down to is who is more apt at dealing with Paypal. Paypal does not generally extend protection to buyers or sellers for virtual goods being traded so while the companies in this case might open disputes against you there is still the option of escalating these disputes stating that they are unfairly challenging transactions involving virtual goods, that you are an upstanding member of society who feels extremely hurt by these extortion tactics and that you would like the disputes thrown out as you have done nothing wrong. Make sure to bloody spellcheck whatever you send them, use good punctuation and paragraphs and give them as much supporting documentation to prove you tried to settle this without the escalation (SS's of chat logs in which they yell at you are awesome). Since they likely do not possess as good a command of the English language and will go on incoherent rants about you being a scammer making yourself out to be the good guy to Paypal will probably get the disputes thrown out and leave you with the money in the bank.

That said, next time get a verified fake Paypal account and send the money to yourself as a gift. That way, if you were to hypothetically lose the dispute only the fake account will be in the red and you can just get another one for $15 and you don't have to make threads like this where you worry about the police breaking down your door ;P

dryad's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info guys