0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moonkins in Arena 2v2

Although the moonkin seems a bit underrepresented in arena (as far as I have seen). I would think that it would be a useful ally. In 2's I have tried many combinations (as many as my boyfriend would level up). Here is what I have gathered thus far:

1) Moonkin/Demonology Warlock: This team has been most effective. We have no trouble with rouges as long as the warlock can get into demon form in time to keep the rogue from gouging a hole in their back. However, it was not ever possible to kill a team with a discipline priest on it. Mass dispels and enormous heals. This team was great for burst damage to be able to kill many other healer classes.

2) Moonkin/Destruction Warlock: Well we did this combination before Blizzard buffed this spec so I do not feel fit to describe the epic failure of this team combination. From what I have seen and heard destruction warlocks have become much more powerful.

3) Moonkin/Moonkin: In this combo you must be tricky with your CC's and directing heals, whoever is not being hit heals the person who is etc. This team is good against many melee teams who do not have healers and does not have trouble with rouges as long as you time your trinket. However, if you get a team that can reduce healing, silence, and interrupt then this team is no good. Hunter/Healer and Warrior/Healer is especially disastrous.

Note: This combination worked much better pre WoTLK

4) :nuts: Moonkin/Restoration Druid: This also did not work well. Even though the current restoration druids never run out of mana, plenty of classes will destroy the tree if your team mate (in this case a moonkin) cannot keep the enemy off of the said tree. A moonkin may be able to root and cyclone but many classes can become resistant to rooting. Cyclone only has about three shots before the target becomes immune. Typhoon works pretty well now but the cool down is a bit long to make this very effective.

5) :runaway: Moonkin/Restoration Shamman: This team has been by far the worst combination with a moonkin. If you go into an arena with this team and your opponent has a restoration druid on their team you might as well leave because you will not be winning. Same thing goes for any team with a priest. The moonkin just does not have enough stuns or interrupts to kill these mega healer classes.

Note: An effective technique to kill a healer in a duel however is to intersperse cyclones into the match. The combination usually is cyclone, then halfway through the cyclone start to cast starfire; cyclone again and immediately cast starfire; then cyclone again and cast wrath; then pop all your CD's and have typhoon ready.

6) :yuck: Moonkin/Elemental Shaman: While the totems are nice, having dual casters on a 2's team is not very effective in arenas. You will just not be able to be some team combinations. Melee opponents like warriors and rouges are very troublesome to this combination as the elemental shaman will not be able to escape their slowing effects and the druid and shaman must stick together when fighting. So if the druid runs away that will condemn the shaman.

Now you may have noticed the lack of any melee teamed with moonkin. This is because my teammate had trouble with key binding totems and such with enhance shaman and the last time I did Moonkin/Feral Druid was pre WoTLK and many of you may have noticed that things have changed since then.

My next attempt will be with either rogue or priest, although I have heard that Moonkin/Rogue has been doing pretty well.

Note: All of these observations were made of many months of painstaking and tear jerking arenas. :crap:

I would appreciate and comments, questions, or suggestions.

Thank you :wave:
    Last edited by msdeath; 06-19-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Misplaced apostrophe.

Moonkins in Arena 2v2
    miLl3niUm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moonkin/Feral
    We are doing fine.

msdeath's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moonkin/Feral

Originally Posted by Asd12345 View Post
    Moonkin/Feral
    We are doing fine.
    My teammate will be happy to hear it. Now I can look forward to trying out that combination as tmy teammate likes to play feral but I never want to in arena because it did not go so well before.

meathelix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea they can work out great now since the damage they do

msdeath's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moonkin/Feral

Originally Posted by meathelix View Post
    yea they can work out great now since the damage they do
    Also, maim works wonderfully to interrupt healers. That was another problem with not having a class that could interrupt, just had to try and burn down the healers with all your CD's from the start. I used to be able easily kill a healer on a moonkin, that was when starfall still stunned. I was not happy when Blizzard took that out. Can't moonkins be gods like palidins once every 3 mins? I guess it was a little haxx. But I really enjoyed it while I had it.