0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixing Hair with Tauren Male Swaps

I saw multiple post about the Tauren swap and the problem with green hair.

Maybe it will not interesting, but I did a little guide to help people dealing with this problem :

To do this you'll need to do an incredibly long procedure.

First of all, do your Model Edit. I tried Tauren Male to Human Female for this guide.
    I personally prefer this guide to do the Model Edit.

Once done, verify that your character still have the bright green hair like the picture.

If it's the case, do the following :

- Go to MyWarCraftStudio (MWCS) download it if you need, and open the patch-enGB.MPQ file :

To do it : Click on Open => Open MPQ Archive => Your WoW Folder => Data => EnGB (or your local folder : fRFR, enUS for example) then patch-enGB.MPQ or patch-frFR.MPQ or patch-enUS.MPQ etc...

Make sure that MWCS displays all file (select all file at the bottom of the window)

Then Open DBFilesClient Folder => Search the file CharSection.dbc => Extract File to...

And save the file where you can find it.

- Now, Open DBC Editor (download it if needed too) and open your CharSection.dbc File :

In this file, you'll need to search in Field 4, Field 5, and Field 6 respectively, the following terms :

Character\Tauren\TaurenMaleFaceLower04_18.blp (field 4)
    Character\Tauren\ScalpLowerHair00_00.blp (field 5)
    Character\Tauren\ScalpUpperHair00_00.blp (field 6)

When you find them, you'll need to rename them manually (I didn't find a program who could do this correctly)

All the Character\Tauren\TaurenMaleFaceLower have to be renamed : Character\Human\Hair

All the Character\Tauren\ScalpLowerHair have to be renamed : Character\Human\ScalpLowerHair

All the Character\Tauren\ScalpUpperHair have to be renamed : Character\Human\ScalpUpperHair

Once finished (there isn't lots of lines so you can do it quickly) you have to match the numbers between them :

For example, the first line is :

Character\Tauren\TaurenMaleFaceLower04_18.blp Character\Tauren\ScalpLowerHair00_00.blp Character\Tauren\ScalpUpperHair00_00.blp

It has to become :

Character\Human\Hair00_00.blp Character\Human\ScalpLowerHair00_00.blp Character\Human\ScalpUpperHair00_00.blp

At the end, you should have this :

- Save the file, and return to MWCS :

Then do : Pack (P) => Create MPQ Archive => Go to your WoW Data Folder => Name it Patch-(3-9 or A-Z).MPQ and save.

And now : Pack (P) => Add File to Archive => Search your CharSection file and add it. Before accepting, rename the pathname : DBFilesClient\CharSection.dbc. You should have this :

Accept, then Save. And Open WoW. Tadam ! It should work correctly.

Additionnal notes :

- You only have 3 different colors, if you want others just change in the CharSection file, with DBC Editor, the numbers next to Hair, ScalpLowerHair and ScalpUpperHair. I don't have the numbers for the colors, but you can put numbers between 1 and 12.
    Beware, on a same line, all the three number have to be the same, for example :

Character\Human\Hair00_07.blp Character\Human\ScalpLowerHair00_07.blp Character\Human\ScalpUpperHair00_07.blp

- You need the latest edition of WoWME of course, and have to run the game by this program. Don't forget to activate the Model Edit by pressing F8 or another button.

Hope it'll help you. Enjoy.

Fixing Hair with Tauren Male Swaps
    Vorsim's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT; nvm i r dumb
    Last edited by Vorsim; 03-17-2009 at 04:23 PM.

arwydd's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would this guide work lets say to do Draenei Female to Tauren Male? i get the whole whitehair mess and its not so fun. the only other guide that shows you how to do it is out of date.

Neyina's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guide will only works with Tauren to X Swaps, and only with male Tauren. I also saw another recent guide which explain this kind of procedure. It cans help you

tsatsa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tried, it works well