0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swimming and Flying Creature Waypoints with walk (normal) speed smoothly

After reading a few guides on Waypoints i started playing around with waypoints on Arcemu and NCDB. All the waypoints i made worked great besides Flying and Swimming creatures. The main problem was that if you wanted a flying or swimming creature to have waypoints you had to use .way addfly for a smooth effect. Well that works, but it causes the creature to fly to the waypoint which results in a very fast move speed. The same happens for swimming creatures(such as sharks) except that they are swimming very fast not flying.

The other option was to just add the normal waypoint which is .way add to set your waypoints which will cause your creature to have the walk speed, yet it still flys or swims if the creature is able to. This too is a problem by itself. What happens is the flying or swimming creature doesnt go to its waypoints smoothly, but jaggers or bobbles up and down as its moving to its waypoint destination. An ugly effect if i say so myself.

Well after looking through the NCDB database i solved the awnser to correct this for both flying and swimming creatures. Now they can fly or swim at their normal speed smoothly. No need to use the .way addfly. Its all about the flag settings in the NCDB database.

Swimming Creatures
    If you want swimming creatues to swim to their waypoints at normal speed just go ahead and set waypoints with .way add.

Make a note of the swimming creatures sql entry number by targeting the creature and use the GM command .npc info.

Go to database and find creature_spawn and find the creature with the sql entry number

Set movetype: 12
    Set flag: 32768

Flying Creature

If you want flying creatues to fly high in the air to their waypoints at normal speed just go ahead and set waypoints with .way add. (not .way addfly)

Make a note of the flying creatures entry number by targeting the creature and use the GM command .npc info.

Go to database and find creature_proto

Set extra_a9_flags: 1024

Restart server and Enjoy!

I hope someone finds this guide useful. i know its added a nice effect to my server. Thanks to those who made the other waypoint guides.

Swimming and Flying Creature Waypoints with walk (normal) speed smoothly
    Kuraria's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great help to me and my custom content making +rep x2 from me.