0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Botting with Autohotkey

Well, I recently posted in a thread where the OP talked about g15 botting. I don't know how effective it is, or how detectable it is.

I said you might as well make an autohotkey script, and use that. I didn't actually think about it, but it could work.

I'm working on a script that will bot, and i'll post and explain it as soon as I can. Meanwhile, it'd be a big use if someone could make an addon that did this:

when you have something targetted, a square appears that is draggable around the screen. if it is more than say, 30 yards (it'd be great if that distance was adjustable in game) it would be red, and if the mob was closer than said distance, it would be green. If the mob died, it would turn black.

Not sure if you can do that, but it'd be a help.

My thoughts would be that it'd walk in a big circle, tab targetting untill it found something, then either throwing a weapon, shooting, or casting a spell at it and then hit a castsequence macro while checking to see if the thing is dead, and then loot it if it is dead, and continue.

link: AutoHotkey - Free Mouse and Keyboard Macro Program with Hotkeys and AutoText

Botting with Autohotkey
    blackfang500's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea, sounds like its still a work in progress though.
    I'd like to hear about this if you get it more refined.

Cottoncandyman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah if you get more into this that would be cool. thanks for sharing

Professor Banana's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I already have something right now that when I press ctrl-G it checks to see if there's green where my enemies health bar would be, essentially seeing if it has a mob targetted that's at full health (so it doesn't attack tagged mobs) and then press 4 (i'm using a rogue, so it throws a weapon) that will actually get it pointed at the mob as it's running at me. it then press w for a half second, and press 2 a couple times (SS) and then auto loots about in the area It thinks the mob will be.

i'm now working on a way so that after everytime it presses 2, it checks to see if it killed the thing. I'm not quite sure how to do that.

After that, i'll work on it going in a circle and tab targetting.

Finally after that, i'll make a GUI control for it and work on a way of adding your own waypoint type thing.

Also, if someone's working on the addon, instead of it only showing up if it has something targetted, it was white when there was no target.

~Jagris's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL!!!!! G15 is within blizz rules, numberone its not really botting you still have to press buttons when leveling, same with autohot key.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you even listening to me?

G15 and other macro type programs are legal, as long as it's 1 action per keypress.

making something with a g15 that runs around, tab targets, and press "3" 5 times is against the rules.

With autohotkey, you can make it read the colors of certain pixels on the screen. that's what i'm using to detect if it has stuff targeted.

true, using autohotkey to remap keys is legal.
    Using it to read pixels, run around, tab target and kill, loot, and stuff along those lines is not.

DarkAeonKnight's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see a working suite for autohotkey.
    I just downloaded autohotkey and i'm a total noob on the whole script end so it helps so much.

I am planning on going to the shimmiering flats area with my 36 lock and trying to record my keystrokes to hopefully run around and grind the numerous anti-aggressive mobs there. (the turtle things)

Wish me luck lol

Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is legal, you are not AFK, there is to much needed to make something suitable for running around and killing that its not possible with autohotkey, trust me I have used autohotkey for...5 years on Runescape (dont say a thing I quite RS and started using AHK for other things) Now you could use a combination of AHK and AutoIt to make a decent bot, but you will never make anything as good as.... The first version of nightfall (now glider) with Autohotkey, and nightfall barley passed as against the rules.

mithu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this is an easy to code for a Bot, but its not as useful. AutoIt is much better for this kind of stuff, and think on their forum there are a few fishbots and such.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, i probably won't be able to make a bot with AHK that is as good as glider, but it will be a free, user-friendly version that will also have the ability to be edited by an advanced user.

Why do you assume that you will be sitting there when it's botting? why would you do it for this bot and not glider?

BTW DarkAeonKnight, you won't be able to record your strokes and have it work, when you hold down "w" for a second, it doesn't record

send {w down}
    sleep 1000
    send {w up}

it just records wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and it doesn't work. Also, it doesn't record pauses. it just puts a .1 second pause between stuff when you pause for any amount of time. If you want, I could just quickly make you a script that runs around killing stuff, but doesn't do any sensing at all.

Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AHK cant read data from WoW, it would not beable to AFK, it wouldnt beable to pull right, wouldnt beable to stop adds, and you would look like a bot. It would also require multiple macros, so it becomes to complex. Now go grow a brain and relize why the best this could do is walk in a circle for a few minutes.

/calm down

I understand you want to contribute,go learn C++ and make a real bot.
    Last edited by ~Jagris; 11-29-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the limitations of what i'm trying to do, and I don't see any point in continuing this conversation. I'm going to come back once I have something to show for my efforts.

Biozombie's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ~Jagris View Post

/calm down

I understand you want to contribute,go learn C++ and make a real bot.
    lol (filler)

DarkAeonKnight's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thnk but i ran across zolofighter and using it now ^_^
    for some reason i can't get the preloaded profiles to work at all but as long as i make my own they work great. glyder won't work on my vista for some reason so if anyone knows where i could get some help with the zolo profiles it's be much appreciated

Originally Posted by uthallan View Post
    BTW DarkAeonKnight, you won't be able to record your strokes and have it work, when you hold down "w" for a second, it doesn't record

send {w down}
    sleep 1000
    send {w up}

it just records wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and it doesn't work. Also, it doesn't record pauses. it just puts a .1 second pause between stuff when you pause for any amount of time. If you want, I could just quickly make you a script that runs around killing stuff, but doesn't do any sensing at all.

anders1993's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast