0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mapping Worlds

Been a member here a while but haven't posted (I've been inactive for some time and usually hang out at EoN however it's quite there these days).

A few weeks before 3.0.2 I decided to map wow to produce smarter bots.

I started by having my bot do it automatically. It would try and go from one point to another mapping obsticles in its way. This was accurate but time consuing (it took half a day to find it's way out of the dwarf starting place - but of course after done once it could do it again without hitting a single obsticle).

Then I started mining this information from the data files. I could do a whole continent in under an hour, but now, alas with 3.0.2, the M2 and WMO file formats have changed. I'm still tring to work these out but until then i'm stuck with old data (I was still ironing out the kinks like bridges and caves.)

Would this data (or the proper data once I crack the file format) be of interest to anyone?

Has anyone done any work on the new file formats?

Quick video of my bot learning to get out of house (no mined data):

[ame=http://s399.photobucket.com/albums/pp74/testout2/?action=view&current=out.flv][/ame]

Mapping Worlds
    Dearleader's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, some close RL friends of mine are actually working on something very similar to this.
    In WOTLK, the m2/wmo file structure has indeed changed but its still relatively easy to figure thanks to schlumpf_. Checkout the wowdev wiki for more info about the updated structures.
    M2/WotLK - WoW.Dev Wiki

Gl on your bot.

Cern's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be a great upgrade for glider :>

testout's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dearleader View Post
    Hey, some close RL friends of mine are actually working on something very similar to this.
    In WOTLK, the m2/wmo file structure has indeed changed but its still relatively easy to figure thanks to schlumpf_. Checkout the wowdev wiki for more info about the updated structures.
    M2/WotLK - WoW.Dev Wiki

Gl on your bot.
    Thanks for the link. I thought madx.dk's wiki replaced wowdev's version so I didn't think to check it.

Originally Posted by Cern View Post
    This would be a great upgrade for glider :>
    It sure would. Right now my aim is making a bot that doesnt need waypoints or anything and can level from 1 to 70 without any extra information.

So far it goes to all the NPCs with quests and collects them, then it looks up on wowhead.com how to complete them. Now I need to update code because of the patch.

I've started looking at injecting code (right clicking on npcs isn't always easy and the Interact() seems ideal). Does anyone know how detectable this is? When I inject code, I dont leave it there (i'm using c# and asm) so I guess it's quite difficult to detect?

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh. I really need to write a post about the facts and myths behind various types of bots so people stop making retarded assumptions about injection and how detectable it is. Warden does NOT do a stack trace so you will NOT be banned for calling function, Warden does NOT get 'ticked off' at random DLLs injected into WoWs address space as lots of legitimate tools do this, Warden looks for very specific things. As long as you don't hook any functions warden is watching or modify any constants its watching you're safe (assuming you keep your stuff private). Whether you're inside or outside the processes address space the key is not modifying anything and keeping it private, then you can pretty much stop worrying about warden.

testout's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Sigh. I really need to write a post about the facts and myths behind various types of bots so people stop making retarded assumptions about injection and how detectable it is. Warden does NOT do a stack trace so you will NOT be banned for calling function, Warden does NOT get 'ticked off' at random DLLs injected into WoWs address space as lots of legitimate tools do this, Warden looks for very specific things. As long as you don't hook any functions warden is watching or modify any constants its watching you're safe (assuming you keep your stuff private). Whether you're inside or outside the processes address space the key is not modifying anything and keeping it private, then you can pretty much stop worrying about warden.
    Tyvm Cypher. That was my assumption but I'm glad you have confirmed it! (Maybe copy paste that into a new thread and sticky it?) I guess the bottom line is don't give the public copies of the bot because potentially one of them could be blizzard and try to avoid bot like behaviour. What about the "bot kits" i have seen - WowBasic for example? Does wow look at the dlls loaded by processes? If so could it check if someone is using wowbasic? I thought it could so never touched them.

BTW, would anyone happen to know why I get access denied when calling CreateRemoteThread? I have enabled debug on the remote process and the memory I allocated is executable. It's strange because it works fine if I start a process with IDA Pro
    Last edited by testout; 11-09-2008 at 04:27 AM.

barthen's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you can find the info you're looking for here:

WoW Model Viewer - Index

I think the model viewer for 3.x is still in beta, but you can find the source code there.

UnknOwned's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that I find it very handy I think its a quite interesting project you have made. Gj! But it will surely not be worth it in the long.

Both the m2 and WMO collision meshes have not directly changed in wrath, so you can still easily get eighter a rough bounding box or a fine detailed mesh of the collision. And the terrain is also just straight ahead.