0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Application] Model Edit Launcher

Hey guys, it's adl, back from the grave with a new application hopefully to make your lives easier.

MEL (Model Edit Launcher) is designed to make your life easier to an extent, depends how model-edit intense you are. If you're like me, and the most you like to do is race and a gear-set, and you do it like every hour on the hour to satisfy your need to look different all the time... this is probably perfect.

Here's a picture of the launcher.

What my new application does is simply copy all the MPQ's from a chosen folder you create into the Data directory, then runs WoWME.exe from your WoW root directory.

Here's how you can set it up to work for you....

Directory Structure

It's best to have a seperate folder somewhere reserved for this. I use the folder in which I create my model edits, as the program does not care what's in the folder except for .MPQ (case sensitive) and name.txt files. The program identifies each folder as a model edit (whether or not it contains MPQs).

So basically, you've got a root folder, and subfolders, the subfolders are all regarded as model edits, and the root folder is where it will search for these subfolders.

You place the application and it's configuration file in the root folder like so:

Launching Options

The configurable part of it, is you can make it ask you if it's okay when replacing files or not.

You can also inside each directory, have a name.txt that will have on the first line a new name for the model edit (shown in the screenshots above).

Launching

When you do not select a model edit, and just press launch, this will start the game without changing any of the model edits. It STILL runs WoWME.exe from your WoWdir though. You can select a MEL profile by double clicking, or select/launching in the listbox. It will start WoWME.exe and close itself.

NOTE: This program only replaces files, it does not delete extraneous things randomly from your directory. I understand this is less powerful, but I developed this for personal reasons, so if it doesn't work the way you think it should, you can bombard my e-mail or not use it. The best way to set it up is such that every single MPQ you have will be in a category, for example in the pictures patch-a.MPQ will be used for gnome -> race conversion. So any -a files it finds will always be replacing the old gnome -> race conversion with a new one. I could at a later date set this up better if people demand it.

Download:
    Click here to download the archive.

This program requires the .NET 3.5 Runtime you can get it here:
    .NET Framework Developer Center

Questions, Comments, Bugs and what-not: Right here.

Hope you guys enjoy it.
    - adl
    Last edited by adl; 12-02-2009 at 12:30 AM.

[Application] Model Edit Launcher
    iAlexstraszza's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks Kewls,But The Download Link Dosen't Work D:

newtech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at date of the original post. Do I have to say more?

Thanks
    Newtech
    LuaHypArc Lua scripter - 3.3.5a World Builder.