0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some problems plaguing the scam section

Well I've been semi-active in the scam section for a while, and there's a few things that have been bothering me.

EVERY thread has atleast a few people saying JUST the word 'repost', or complaining that it's a repost and linking to a thread from months ago, when the OP wasn't even around. Are all reposts REALLY that bad? If I post an amazing scam but the thread dies, I wouldn't be able to repost it months later without getting a horde of 1-reppers flaming me. The thread would die again, and the scam would be forgotten along with it.

Now the Account Giveaway section. Is it possible to make it so you need a certain amount of rep, instead of posts? Just minutes ago I saw someone post in EVERY single thread on the scam forum, obviously just trying to get 50 posts for the give away section. This just creates spam, and if it was rep-based, they'd be more motivated to contribute quality content to the site.

I know you can't make a rule, but tagging your own post as [EPIC] is arrogant and immature, and 99% of the time the thread sucks anyways.

Some problems plaguing the scam section
    Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ERROR: conflict of WHY they spam... they want to get the "suckers" rep. they dont care about the community. IE: reposting a exploit in hope ofa few people not knowing its a repost giving some rep because" They havent seen it or its cool" yeah its a problem.. the report button with a good reason is the best answer.

it works believe me. ya there are going to be people who think they can get around the system and spam/repost their way to contrib, its VERY rare they make it halfway. =)

Hasselhoff's Avatar IN A SPEEDO
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your scam dies, why do you want to re-bump it or re-post it? It obviously wasn't good enough/enough people learned about it that it died away. You can't expect to do everything with one scam. Instead of posting old things over and over again, trying to get any tiny bit of rep you can,, stop and think for a while. Create a new scam, something that's not on the forums already, something NEW (GASP, WHAT A SURPRISE)

As for people saying repost, as long as they post a link (which you said some do) then there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is with the OP who didnt search because they were to lazy, or they are, once again, just trying to get rep.

As for tagging posts as [EPIC] and stuff, I agree I find that extremely annoying and the OP thinks they are better than everyone else.

As for account Giveaway section, yeah, I don't know what can be done about that, but wutever.

Oh, and what exactly is the suggesting you are making?
    Yeah I don't remember what else I was going to say but I'll edit if I remember.

EDIT::

Oh My Jeebers....

I just looked in the scam section, jsut on the first page there is:
    FOUR(4) TCG Spectral Tiger Scams
    TWO (2) WalMart Scams....
    FOUR (4) Safetrade/Safetrade ripoff's
    NINE (9) Threads that are not Scam Methods
    FOUR(4) Guides... Why tag it as a guide and put it in scams section...(Not WoW Scam Methods Either)
    FIVE+ (5+) Reposts

And a few more that have been proven to not work/are so pointless they shouldn't have even been posted.

wow

Last edited by Hasselhoff; 10-15-2008 at 04:07 PM.

C-Death's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like the idea of rep instead of posts for the give away, but, I think that if a post is indeed a repost, it should be deleted.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Login Error View Post
    Well I've been semi-active in the scam section for a while, and there's a few things that have been bothering me.

EVERY thread has atleast a few people saying JUST the word 'repost', or complaining that it's a repost and linking to a thread from months ago, when the OP wasn't even around. Are all reposts REALLY that bad? If I post an amazing scam but the thread dies, I wouldn't be able to repost it months later without getting a horde of 1-reppers flaming me. The thread would die again, and the scam would be forgotten along with it.

Now the Account Giveaway section. Is it possible to make it so you need a certain amount of rep, instead of posts? Just minutes ago I saw someone post in EVERY single thread on the scam forum, obviously just trying to get 50 posts for the give away section. This just creates spam, and if it was rep-based, they'd be more motivated to contribute quality content to the site.

I know you can't make a rule, but tagging your own post as [EPIC] is arrogant and immature, and 99% of the time the thread sucks anyways.
    We will be talking about the reposts issue again on the next staff meeting.

account giveaways do have a rep limit to enter, i believe its 8,15 or so.

yes tagging as [epic] or [legendary] is stupid, but their choice.