0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Node tracking

I'm new to memory editing and wanting to get started with it. However before I do, I wanted to know if it is possible to track the position of every node currently spawned on the map (limiting it to something of your choosing like herb nodes, mining nodes, etc.), and display their location either on the main map or an external location.

It sure would help for farming/skilling up a new profession faster if you knew exactly where to go

Thanks in advance to anyone with a response.

Node tracking
    Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The client receives packets with node details at minimap range from memory. Not sure how many yards that is but it's not very far. You can't see the entire map, just the stuff close to you.

And yes you can force tracking of any nodes you want. If you use the pstorage array you can get very granular tracking, ie herbs/mines/etc. If you hook CGLocalPlayer_C__CanTrackUnit/CanTrackObj you can get VERY fine tracking options (like I am currently doing). eg You can track objects with just a certain name, or just elite mobs, etc. You can filter on pretty much any attribute you could dream of.

mudfish's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    The client receives packets with node details at minimap range from memory. Not sure how many yards that is but it's not very far. You can't see the entire map, just the stuff close to you.

And yes you can force tracking of any nodes you want. If you use the pstorage array you can get very granular tracking, ie herbs/mines/etc. If you hook CGLocalPlayer_C__CanTrackUnit/CanTrackObj you can get VERY fine tracking options (like I am currently doing). eg You can track objects with just a certain name, or just elite mobs, etc. You can filter on pretty much any attribute you could dream of.
    Ah ok so its not going to be possible. Well I guess if it were possible, someone would have already done it. Thank you for your input though.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because you can't do an RTS style 'maphack' doesn't mean you can't have fun with tracking. I use a track-hack when questing and let me tell you, enabling tracking of only objects with the name "My Quest Mob" and "My Second Quest Mob" speeds up questing HEAPS as you can immediately identify the mobs you're after.

You can also do unconventional stuff like tracking fishing nodes, or only 'Rare' mobs.

There's lots of cool stuff you can do.

mudfish's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Just because you can't do an RTS style 'maphack' doesn't mean you can't have fun with tracking. I use a track-hack when questing and let me tell you, enabling tracking of only objects with the name "My Quest Mob" and "My Second Quest Mob" speeds up questing HEAPS as you can immediately identify the mobs you're after.

You can also do unconventional stuff like tracking fishing nodes, or only 'Rare' mobs.

There's lots of cool stuff you can do.
    Awesome, then Ill for sure read up on how to get started and hopefully develop some sort of tracking hack for my first project.

EDIT: and just curious, is there any way to increase the range at which the minimap can see? therefore allowing nodes further off in the distance to be tracked.

Xarg0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minimap Yes, Nodes No
    I hacked 127.0.0.1

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nodes are received from the server, it doesn't care how far your minimap range is, the range at which object data is sent is static.