Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AME 2.0 Auto Media Embedding Mod + Addon

AME 2.0 -Auto Media Embedding for posts, blogs, visitor and group messsages

AME 2.0 -Auto Media Embedding for posts, blogs, visitor and group messsages - vBulletin.org Forum

• Allows user to simply 'paste' in a URL (i.e. a youtube link) without needing to know any special tags. However instead of displaying just the URL, it will show the media within the post
    • is lightweight as it does all of her chores without the overhead of having 1 bbcode per pattern or trying to parse a post every single time it gets displayed with a bunch of patterns. AME radically reduces overhead and speeds up processing. The only time ame will kick in is after creating a new post or after editing an existing one (or if an ame tag is found)
    • is extensible. She allows you to add, edit, delete, import and export patterns. That way you can decide which services to support, how they should look and then share them with others! At time of typing this, there are over 150 media sites that have been contributed by vBulletin.org members
    • can extract the title (requires your server to allow url wrappers with fetch_contents)
    • can extract embed code from sites whose URLs do not contain sufficient information to embed the video
    • can rebuild your old posts to convert your 'other' mediaish tags into URL tags.
    • can rebuild your old posts, blogs, comments, visitor and social group messages to convert URL tags into ame tags where needed
    • can convert her codes BACK to url codes so you're not stuffed with a bunch of dead tags if you uninstall!
    • won't uglify your site by having videos appear in quotes, php, code or html blocks (blech!)
    • can be globally disabled
    • can be excluded from forums
    • can exclude usergroups
    • can be toggled on/off per post, blog, comment, visitor and social group message
      would cook dinner for you if she had arms
    • can wrap the output in a 'container' with original URL
    • has a super comprehensive admincp help system. Yes, I actually took the bloody time to add all the info you need into vB's admincp help system. If you ask a silly question in this thread that is addressed in the help system, you will be taunted.
    • is fully phrased
    • has hooks around integral operations so you can extend it
    • Supports embedding in vbBlog, Visitor Messages and Social Groups.
    • Can be disabled in one or more of the following sections: Posts, vbBlog, Visitor Messages and/or Social Groups

Which sites are supported?

At time of counting this, there are about 170 sites supported. But I have only included a few common standards as default (yahoo, youtube, myspace, google and Amazon). Why only these? AME was designed with its own import and export system that enables users to create or modify definitions and share them with the community. This keeps the system lightweight, customisable and saves us all from having to upgrade every time a media site changes their URL structure or if I add another site.

Check out the 'add ons' section of this post below to see availible add-ons.

Installation/Upgrade

Upload the contents of the forums folder into your forums directory and import the product-ame.xml file into your product manager (if upgrading, choose 'yes' to overwrite previous installation).
    After installation, make sure that the system is on (admincp->AME CP->Settings)
    Then you may want to try to rebuild old URLs via the tools option.
    Big thanks goes out to all those in the community that have supported this mod. Especially Digital Jedi Who has created about 155 definitions for this system alone!

Addons

DJ's AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML Media Definitions (Third Time's the Charm) - vBulletin.org Forum

Example

---

DJ's AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML Media Definitions (Third Time's the Charm) Addon for /\

DJ's AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML Media Definitions (Third Time's the Charm) - vBulletin.org Forum

Here's a complete list of Media Definitions, alphabetized and sorted by category. Please read any notations I've made for a particular definition here, since I can't include them in the XMLs.

MEDIA DEFINITIONS

Games
    Embed Games
    GamesOpoly
    Nonoba

Music
    BooMP3
    Deezer
    GoEar
    Imeem (Music)
    Imeem (Playlists)
    Project Playlist

Other
    Amazon (aStore) (Safe to use with Thumbnails or Links turned on, but not both)
    Amazon (Links) (Either use Links or Thumbnails. But don't have them turned on at the same time!)
    Amazon (Thumbnails) (Either use Links or Thumbnails. But don't have them turned on at the same time!)
    CafePress (Thumbnails)
    eBaum's World (Audio)
    Flickr Slideshows (Photostreams)
    Flickr Slideshows (Sets)
    ImageShack (Slideshows)
    Lively
    RockYou
    Slide (SlideShows)
    SlideShare
    zSHARE (Links) (For zSHARE to work properly, you must download the images provided at the end of this list*)

Video
    5min Life Videopedia
    Adult Swim
    AOL Music
    Atom Films
    Bebo (Does not embed most recent KateModern videos.)
    Blip
    Break
    BrightCove
    Carpix
    CBS Sports
    Clarin
    Clipfish
    ClipShack
    ClipShare Demo
    CNN
    College Humor
    Comedy Central
    Crackle
    Crave Online
    Current
    Cut Frame TV
    Daily HaHa
    Daily Motion
    Daily Motion (Playlists)
    Dark Orange
    DivShare
    Dorks
    EA Sports World
    eBaum's World (Videos)
    eSnips (Videos)
    ESPN
    File Front
    FileCabi
    Flektor
    Flickr (Videos)
    Flowrestling
    Funny Or Die
    G4TV
    Game Trailers
    Game Trailers (User Movies)
    GameSpot
    GameVideos
    Globo
    God Tube
    Google Video
    Grapheine`s BombayTV
    Guba
    Guitar-Tube
    H3Press
    Hulu
    i-CAUGHT
    ImageShack (Videos)
    Imeem (Video)
    IGN
    Izlesene
    Izleturk
    JibJab (Jokes)
    JibJab (Originals)
    JibJab (Sendables Revceived)
    JibJab (Sendables)
    Jokeroo
    Joe Cartoon (Cartoons)
    Joe Cartoon (Videos)
    Jumpcut
    KillSomeTime
    Koreus
    Layartancap
    Leet Tube
    Libero
    Live Video
    LiveLeak
    Long Island Online
    Magnify
    MegaVideo
    Meta Cafe
    MLG: The Game Room
    MSNBC
    MTV
    MySpace
    MyVideo.Co.Za
    MyVideo.De
    Newsclipper
    PC Planets
    PC Planets (MetaCafe Videos)
    PC Planets (YouTube Videos)
    Photobucket (Videos)
    Photosynth
    PHPmotion
    Poker Tube
    Porkolt
    Pure Pwnage (Only the Revver hosted videos will embed. The Blip.com videos won't embed at the moment.)
    Putfile
    Rediff
    Revision3
    Revver
    Sclipo
    Sevenload (Shows/Sendungen)
    Sevenload (Videos)
    Sharkle
    Spike
    Spiked Humor
    StreetFire
    The Escapist
    The Onion
    TinyPic (Videos)
    Tu
    Tudou
    UOL Carros
    UOL Cinema
    UOL Crianças
    UOL Diversão e Arte
    UOL Economia
    UOL Eleições
    UOL Esporte
    UOL Estilo
    UOL Mais
    UOL Música
    UOL Notícias
    UOL Olimpíadas
    UOL Tecnologia
    UOL Videolog
    Veoh
    Viddler
    Video Tube
    VideoJug
    Vidiac
    vidiLife
    Vimeo
    VistaKU
    Vreel
    WeGame
    World Star Hip-Hop
    Yahoo!
    Yatahonga
    YouTube
    YouTube (Playlists)
    YouKu
    YouKu (Playlists)
    ZippyVideos (Zippy Player Only)

Local Hosted Videos
    For videos uploaded to your site, you need these Media Definitions. These XML files need to be edited, either in the AME CP or in an HTML Editor. Look for YOUR_SITE_NAME_HERE and change it to the domain name of your site. Do not include .com, .net, .de, .co.uk or anything like that. So, for example, if your site is http://www.cogonline.net, then you'd change YOUR_SITE_NAME_HERE to cogonline. This DOES NOT embed attachments.

DIVX (.DIVX Extentions)
    MP3 (.MP3 Extentions)
    QuickTime (.MOV Extentions)
    RealMedia (.RM & .RAM Extentions)
    Flash (.SWF Extentions)
    Windows Media Videos (.WMV Extention)

DOWLOAD AND INSTALLATION
    There are three files available. There's a Master XML file if you want to start fresh with the complete set of definitions, and a ZIP file with each one seperated. Remember that AME Definitions do not overwrite. You have to delete/disable your old definitions or they could possibly conflict.

Also, I put the Media Definitions for Local Hosted videos in a seperate XML. They are not in the master XML or in the main zip.

Definitions are installed by importing them through your AME CP in your Admin CP. YOU DO NOT IMPORT THEM THROUGH YOUR PRODUCT MANAGER.

Remember to Click Install so you can be informed via email when a new files is added or updated!! I've got more in the works! THANKS everyone!

---------------------------------

Do I have to say geif? This would be awesome. Last time I suggested it to HeRog it wasn't updated to vB 3.7.x...

Now it is.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

AME 2.0 Auto Media Embedding Mod + Addon
    Nikentic's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    10/4
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would rock!

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to prevent abuse, admins can make it where certain usergroups can't use the auto-embedding... Say leechers.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Ket's Avatar Legendary
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we'll look into this, we currently have AME 1.02 running on the site now.

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap 1.02?

Thats really old!

D:

Ket's Avatar Legendary
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey old school is how we roll!