Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Mangos]Adding spell effects to custom or existing items

omgepic

I know it wasn't until just recently that I learned how to do this and I'm looking to contribute so in this guide I will show you how to add spell effects to your custom in-game items.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To start you don't have to have your own custom items to be able to edit items but I'm assuming you would be editing your items to add godly stats.
    (Here's good website that can help ease item creation with relative ease http://wow-v.com/create.php?tool=weapon)

First lets assume you created an item with wow-v after downloading the according sql file and extracting it to your db you can now go in and manually add spell effects(assuming there aren't any already existing).

From here you will open the Table named : Item_template

Now we need to find your item. Lets say for example the sql file you downloaded was [Unbreakable Will-38226] you're gonna wanna head to the last page of this table and find your item. In this case the item number is 38226 so you will look on the last page or whichever correspoinding page for entry-38226. Once you find your item you can scroll to the right until you find : Spellid_1 .

At this point we need to know which spell effect you want to add to your item. Now by spell effect this be a range of anything from chance on hit to increase attack power or chance on spellcast to restore mana. There are a limitless amount of spell effects which can be found on many different items. I would suggest you start with trinket effects though.

So lets find the spell effect that you want for your custom item. I'de suggest searching on either www.thottbot.com or www.wowhead.com .
    Lets say my Item unbreakable will is a trinket for tanking , so now I found http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34473 : Commendation of Kael Thas- and I want to add its spell effect to my trinket which is :
    Equip: Melee attacks which reduce you below 35% health cause you to gain 152 dodge rating for 10 sec. Cannot occur more than once every 30 sec.

Okay well if you notice in the web link for the item it has 34473 at the end, and amazingly enough this number has an actual reason that is useful to you! This number is the corresponding ingame item number and also the entry id number found withing your item_template .

Now you want to find this item within the item_template just like you would find your own item. Just like before you will scroll over to the Spellid_1 column(But now it isn't empty). The number found in this spot is the spellid that causes the equip effect from the trinket. In this case it would be 45057. Now you have your spell id and all you need to do is add this to the spellid column in your custom item.

After adding this item always make sure to have the next column Spellid_trigger set to 1(this cause it to be on equip).

Now you can impress all your friends with blizzlike items that work as "you" intend them to.

One last tip: If you haven't noticed already there are 5 spell id columns within each item meaning you can add up to 5 of these differwent effects which can make items very OP. (Just add the spells the same way you do the first)

Last edited by sheeit; 08-29-2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

[Mangos]Adding spell effects to custom or existing items
    beast420's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thx m8 just what ive been looking for
    rep

Imakepigsfly's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is good but what about ascent?

LJwow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks m8 helped me!

sheeit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Imakepigsfly View Post
    this is good but what about ascent?
    Well to be completely honest ascent and mangos are very similar when doing this but the only difference is table names and column names in SQL, and since I dont have an ascent server running atm I cant say for sure what the column names would be for ascent.

rahburt33's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got 2 questions:
    1) can this be done on armor?
    2) Can i use enchanting glow effects (like make it so it always has the mongoose look)

also can i see a picture of what it turns out like?