0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complete 39 Rogue Twink Guide

First of all. THIS IS MY OWN WORK. I WROTE EVERY PART OF THIS GUIDE MYSELF. So I don't want to hear any bitching and moaning about "omgwtf lol@you for copying other peoples work" because I didn't. Yes this is also hosted on another site, the site I originally wrote it for. I thought I'd share it with the community here as well though.

Another note, the talent build section is not yet finished. I'll write that sometime in the next few days.

Welcome to my 39 rogue guide. In writing this I'm going to try to be as complete as possible and leave nothing out. I'll be the first to admit though that I'm not an expert on the rogue class so there may be one or two things I'll have forgotten or overlooked. Everything in this guide is purely my own opinion.

Index:

1. Introduction to the rogue class
    2. Choosing a race
    3. Gearing your rogue
    4. Enchants
    5. Talent builds
    6. Dueling/1v1 strategy
    7. Correct use of poisons
    8. Macros
    9. Add-Ons
    10. Useful resources

1. Introduction - So you want to be OP, eh?

Well you picked the right class . Rogues can turn the tide of the game and be extremely devastating when played right. Amazing CC, high damage output, and decent survivability. It's no secret why rogues are one of the most popular classes to twink in all brackets. Whether you prefer premades, arenas, or PUG BGs, you will be an asset to your team in all three. So, if you want to be a self sufficient killing machine, this is definitely the class for you.

2. Choosing a Race

Horde

Orcs - Orc's have an innate 15% stun resist as well as blood fury. At level 39 blood fury grants you 158 attack power ([lvlx4]+2)) for 15 seconds but it comes at a cost. It reduces healing by 50% for the duration. A solid choice for those going for max AP.

Troll - Troll's have berserking and a 1% increased crit chance with both thrown weapons and bows. Berserking is a slight increase in attack speed based on how badly you are injured. 10% speed increase at full health, and a 30% increase at 40% hp and below, breaks stealth when used.

Blood Elf - Blood elfs have mana tap, arcane torrent, and magic resistance. Mana tap has a 30 yard range and drains a small amount of mana from an opponent, stacks up to 3 times. Arcane torrent uses your charges of mana tap, restoring 10 energy per charge and silencing enemys in an 8 yard range for 2 seconds, this is great for getting off that kidney shot or last SS/Hemo on an opponent when you are in a clutch position and low on energy. Last but not least, magic resistance. It grants you +5 resist to all schools of magic. Not a lot on its own but pair it up with a few resist enchants etc and it is definitely noticeable.

Undead - Far and away the most popular choice for twinks of all classes. Will of the Forsaken, Cannibilize, and shadow resistance. WotF is extremely powerful against warlocks, it grants immunity from fear, charm, and sleep effects for 5 seconds. Cannibilize can be useful for restoring some of your HP after a battle, 7% every 2 seconds actually. 10 shadow resist is also nothing to scoff at, pair it with a resist enchant and your cloak for those pesky warlocks. IMO the best race for a rogue. WotF really is that powerful.

Alliance

Human - Perception and 5 expertise when using swords or maces. Perception lasts 20 seconds and increases stealth detection a great amount (50 points of stealth detection, or 10 levels). Expertise reduces an enemys chance to dodge or parry your attacks. Humans are an extremely good choice for an alliance rogue.

Gnome - Probably the most popular alliance race for rogues. Escape Artist removes any existing movement impairing effect or immobilizing effects such as a druid's roots. They also have a 15 point bonus to engineering, which most rogues take.

Night Elf - A fairly underwhelming race in my opinion. Shadowmeld lets the player enter stealth while not moving and not in combat. Any movement will break the effect. However, it does stack with your normal stealth, making you a little harder to spot. They also have an increased 1% chance to dodge, which really isn't much. 10 nature resistance speaks for itself. Helpful against druids and shaman.

Dwarf - Stoneform, gun specialization, and frost resistance. Stoneform, when activated, removes and grants immunity to any poisons, bleeds, and diseases for the next 8 seconds. It also grants 10% armor. Gun specialization increases critical strike chance of your gun by 1%. They also have 10 frost resistance, which is helpful against mages and a shaman's frost shock.

3. Gearing your Rogue

Helm

[Catseye Ultra Goggles] -Great when you know there are enemy rogues or druids around. This item increases your stealth detection by around 3.5 levels.
    [Expert Goldminer's Helmet] - The best (IMO) all around helm for a rogue. You take a small hit in both stamina and agility but gain 17 expertise, which reduces an enemys chance to dodge or parry your attacks by 2.75%.
    [Adventurer's Pith Helmet] - A nice mix of stamina and agility. Great for your balanced set.
    [Nocturnal Cap] of the monkey (12/12) - Another, decent choice for a balance set. Slightly less stam but more agility. A lot cheaper than Adventurer's Pith.

Neck

[Medal of Courage] - Great for an AP set. This is a reward from a quest chain in STV.
    [Scout's Medallion] - WSG reward, it costs 141 honor and 20 marks.
    [Gazlowe's Charm] - Decent stam and some AP. Lacking a lot compared to the other two choices. I'd only use this as a placeholder or if I was going for max stamina.

Shoulder

[Fleshhide Shoulders] - Drops from Glutton in RFD, decent choice for those unlucky with drops when farming for the below.
    [Revelosh's Spaulders] of the monkey - The best choice IMO. A ton of stam and a nice chunk of agility. These come in 3 flavors: 8/8, 9/8, and 8/9.
    [Flintrock Shoulders] - Fairly rare item here. Offers more AP than the other two choices but has around 10 less stam than revelosh's. A valid choice if you are trying to max AP.

Cloak

[Scorpashi Cape] - Easy to find, cheap, great stats, and takes 35+ enchants. What more could you ask for?
    [Parachute Cloak] - A "just for fun" piece, or, a nice option if you are going for max agility. Takes 35+ enchants so this will give you a total of 20 agi. Not a bad choice really.
    [Darktide Cape] - Another decent choice. Obtainable through a quest chain in STV.
    [Cabalist Cloak] - Random drop, similar stats to the above but may take awhile to find a perfect one.

Chest

[Warden's Wraps] - Easy to find on the AH and cheap, great balanced stats. Best option IMO.
    [Nightscape Tunic] - Great for those trying to max out their agility but not completely neglect stam.

Bracer

[Scorpashi Wristbands] - Just like the chest and cloak, easy to find and cheap. Great stats aside from the 1 intel. You could also wait for a 38 or 39 green "of the monkey" that would be equivalent to this.

Gloves

[Revelosh's Gloves] of the monkey - 8 agility and 18 or 19 stam depending on how lucky you are. Considerably less DPS than gloves of holy might but the extra close to 200 HP more than make up for it. Best choice IMO even though they are cloth.
    [Gloves of Holy Might] - Great choice and fairly easy to find. They usually run ~200g on the AH but they are well worth it. Great AP and crit. Second best choice.
    [Shadowskin Gloves] - For the budget twinks out there. Inferior to both of the above choices but they are widely available.
    [Arachnid Gloves] - Decent choice as they offer a nice chunk of stamina and agility. The nature resist is just topping on the cake. 100 HP isn't worth the DPS loss of gloves of holy might though imo.

Belt

[Ogron's Sash] - Hands down the best and only choice for your belt. Gives a nice amount of AP and a decent chunk of stamina.

Pants

[Basilisk Hide Pants] - Best in slot. Period. A huge chunk of agility and 80 health. BoE so you can apply leg armor to them.
    [Ranger Leggings] of power - Perfect ones have 38 AP on them, these are the perfect choice for those of you going for a glass cannon or ambush rogue.

Boots

[Worn Running Boots] - Decent place holder until you pick up the AB boots. Inferior to the ones listed below as to be competitive you'll want a speed increase. With these, you lock yourself out of surefooted.
    [Defiler's Leather Boots] - Best choice. With the run speed equip bonus, you are free to use whatever enchant you want and aren't restricted to a run speed one. Great stats, armor, and some AP which is always good.
    [Gnomish Rocket Boots] - Just a "for fun" item. Also good for jumping off LM when paired with a parachute cloak.

Rings

[Aquamarine Signet] of the monkey - Comes in a 7 agi/8 stam and a 8 agi/7 stam variety. Pick whichever one you want.
    [Truesilver Commander's Ring] - A decent choice, one more stam than the WSG reward ring but a total of 2 less AP. I would only use this as a placeholder until you save up the marks for the ring listed below.
    [Legionnaire's Band] - Best IMO. Great stats and incredibly easy to get. Costs 141 honor and 20 marks.
    [Assault Band] - The most AP you're going to get out of a ring. However, it only has a total of 4 more AP over legionnaire's band. If you are trying to get as much as possible though, its a great choice.
    [Deadman's Hand] - Even though it only requires level 29 to use, it has a nice chunk of stamina and a very useful equip bonus.

Main Hand

[Legionnaire's Sword] - The BEST main hand weapon for sword rogues. The speed and stats are incredible. Purchasable for 469 honor and 30 WSG marks.
    [Stonevault Bonebreaker] - Best choice if you want to play with mace spec. Great stats and speed make this the best in slot easily. Extremely rare nowadays though, snag one if you are lucky enough to see it for sale.
    [Hand of Righteousness] - Another decent choice if you are going with a mace build. Ignore the healing bonus on it, the speed and damage are the best you are going to get for maces other than Stonevault Bonebreaker.
    [Scout's Blade] - Best dagger imo for an ambush build. Nice stats and decent damage. Throw a +7 weapon damage on it and you're rocking.

Off Hand

[Dazzling Longsword] - Since they changed this to 1H it gives the best DPS you're going to get from an OH weapon. It has a nice fast speed and the chance on hit is invaluable when fighting other rogues. It actually procs quite a bit also.
    [Vanquisher's Sword] - A bit slow but has a boat load of AP on it. Easy to get, it comes from a quest obtainable at level 37 to go kill the last boss in RFD. Aside from the speed, this is one of my favorites to use as my OH.
    [Sword of Omen] - The same thing I said for vanquisher's sword applies to this, a bit slow but still a decent choice if you are focusing on a balanced/stat set. Inferior to vanquisher's though IMO. Easily obtainable from a quest that has you kill bosses in the three wings of SM (excluding GY).
    [Scout's Blade] - If you aren't using this as your MH and want a dagger OH, this is a great choice. As I said above, great stats and a fairly fast speed.
    [Sacrificial Kris] of the monkey (5/5) or power - The best OH dagger in my opinion. Great for stacking up poisons fast and you cant beat the stats or speed.
    [Ardent Custodian] - Another decent choice if you are going combat maces.

Ranged

[Outrider's Bow] - Easy to get and great stats. It costs 469 honor and 30 WSG marks.
    [Baelog's Shortbow] - Hands down the BEST ranged weapon if you are horde (sorry alliance ) The hit on it is essential to a 39 rogue, or really any DW class. Nobody likes to miss.
    [Monolithic Bow] - Quite a rare item but it gives you the most AP you're going to get on a ranged weapon. Pick one up if you are lucky enough to see one.
    [Shadowforge Bushmaster] - Another rare one, if you are trying to max out your agility this is a good choice.
    [Whirling Steel Axes] - Best thrown weapon IMO. Extremely easy to get, just find a BS that can craft them.

Trinkets (Ok, there are a ton of them so I'm only going to list the ones I've used the most on all of my twinks.)

[Insignia of the Horde] - Anybody who pvps at all will tell you this is a must have. You should all know why . Purchasable with 2,805 honor.
    [Defiler's Talisman] - Another decent choice. The benefits of having one of these should be obvious. Even though when fighting a twink 378 damage is a split second for a rogue, it can save your life.
    [Figurine - Black Pearl Panther] - A "must have" item for a rogue in my opinion. Being as difficult to see as possible is huge for getting the opener on an enemy rogue or druid.
    [Figurine - Golden Hare] - Great for WSG flag running or catching up to an EFC. Also using this, you can equip worn running boots with 12 agi or something instead of the AB boots as "increase run speed" effects do not stack.
    [Mark of the Chosen] - Obvious usefulness is obvious
    [Tidal Charm] - Another extremely useful item. An extra stun is never a bad thing.
    [Gnomish Death Ray]
    [Goblin Mortar]
    [Gnomish Shrink Ray]
    [Gnomish Net-o-Matic Projector]
    [Major Recombobulator]

4. Enchants

(Note: I'm not really including the pure +stam enchants as a rogue with 3500 HP and no AP/crit is pretty much worthless. Rogues don't need gobs of stamina in this bracket.)

Helm

[Lesser Arcanum of Constitution] - If you aren't happy with how much health you have, this is your best choice. Personally I wanted to hit 2700 HP unbuffed so I obviously used this enchant. Comes from a [Libram of Constitution] .
    [Lesser Arcanum of Voracity] - Another good choice. Not much to be said about it, 8 agility is 8 agility. Comes from a [Libram of Voracity] .

(For more information on how to actually attain these enchants refer to Ouk's guide on Librams here: The PWN Depot )

Shoulder

[Might of the Scourge] - This is really your only choice. It drops from Sapphiron in Naxxramas. He is no joke, even at 70. Be prepared to shell out a ton of gold or hope you can find a competent group to run Naxx with. This can only be put on a pair of BoE shouders. Personally, I wouldn't waste it on a green so wait for a pair of [Flintrock Shoulders] .

Cloak

[Enchant Cloak - Greater Agility] - This is really the best and only choice. Adds .71% crit and 1.42% dodge.

Chest

[Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats] - The only stats you're going to get that are actually a benefit are strength, agility, and stam. It beats out 150 health by a long shot though so I'm not even going to bother adding that one.

Bracer

Enchant Bracer - Assault - Spell - World of Warcraft - Enchant Bracer - Assault. Adds 24 AP to bracers. This is without a doubt the best enchant you can get for your bracers. 4 stats doesn't come close.

Gloves

[Formula: Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility] - Probably the best all around enchant you can get on your gloves. Adds 15 AP, .89% crit, and 1.77% dodge.
    Enchant Gloves - Assault - Spell - World of Warcraft - Enchant Gloves - Assault. Adds 26 AP. If you are going for an ambush or glass cannon/max AP spec, I would choose this.

Pants

[Nethercleft Leg Armor] - This is your best all around choice. A TON of stam and some agility.
    [Nethercobra Leg Armor] - Great for maxing out your AP. Good for ambush/glass cannon rogues. I've got these on a pair of +38 AP leather pants and love them.

Boots

[Formula: Enchant Boots - Surefooted] - IMO, this is your best choice. Dual wield classes NEED hit rating and in the 39 bracket we are very limited as to where we can pick up hit, alliance especially. 10 hit rating adds 1.68% chance to hit a target of level 39, not to shabby. Put this on your AB boots and don't look back.
    [Formula: Enchant Boots - Boar's Speed] - If you don't have the AB boots then you are limited in your options between this and the below enchant. Increases movement speed by 8% and adds a nice amount of stam.
    [Formula: Enchant Boots - Cat's Swiftness] - Same as above except adds a small bit of agility rather than stam.
    [Formula: Enchant Boots - Dexterity] - This is the worst enchant of the four choices IMO. Minor speed and hit rating really are THAT important. However, this is still great for maxing your AP.

Main Hand Weapon

[Formula: Enchant Weapon - Mongoose] - Without a doubt the best enchant for your MH. When it procs, and it does so pretty often, it adds 120 agility and a small amount of haste. It adds 7.1% crit, 14.2% dodge, and a whopping 120 AP.
    [Formula: Enchant Weapon - Greater Agility] - I personally wouldn't recommend this for your MH as I would hate to give up the mongoose procs but ultimately it's your call. It adds 20 AP, 1.18% crit, and 2.37% dodge.
    [Formula: Enchant Weapon - Major Striking] - Only viable for when using ambush.

Off Hand Weapon

[Formula: Enchant Weapon - Mongoose] - Probably the best choice for an OH if you have the money. Same reasons as above. Mongoose procs can stack and when you get 2 of them at the same time, it's lights out for your opponent. Crazy AP boost, crazy burst.
    [Formula: Enchant Weapon - Greater Agility] - See above. Great choice for OH.

(Note: Some say that a proc enchant is a bad idea on your OH. I'm still on the fence about this however. I like the static AP boost and crit from 20 agility but when mongoose OH and MH proc it's incredible. Basically, you're going to have to experiment with this on your own. Some people prefer dual mongoose, some don't. If you only have one OH weapon (you shouldn't btw ) then I would probably go with dual mongoose.)

Ranged

[Sniper Scope] - Not necessary at all but for the times you need to shoot to finish off a runner, it's helps a little. If you are the perfectionist type and need everything to be finished, then pick one of these up. You'll need a level 40+ player to attach it through the trade window however.

5. Talent Builds

Ok, to start things off. Every single person you ask will have a different opinion on which talent build is best. Everyone has there own play style so there is no "one size fits all" build. You will need to experiment yourself and figure out which one works the best for you. I'm going to break down the talents and then link a few different builds. For the sake of my own sanity I'm only going to list the most popular talent builds.

6. Dueling and 1v1 Strategy

There aren't a lot of differences when fighting the different classes with a few exceptions. Your opener will be the same for the most part so I'm just going to go ahead and type that out once so I don't need to keep repeating it:

The Stunlock (how I do it anyway) - Cheapshot -> Hemo -> Hemo -> Gouge -> wait for energy ticks/gouge to run out -> Kidney Shot -> Profit. This should net you a 5 point kidney shot granted nothing misses. Using this method your opponent will be stunned for around 13 seconds (14.5 if you are specced 3/3 imp. gouge).
    This is plenty of time to kill most non twinks/low armor targets.

Mage

Mages took me awhile to figure out. If you don't have your cooldowns up this fight is probably going to go to the mage. If you let the mage get range on you, you're dead.

Don't even bother trying to stun lock them as they will just blink out of it. Open with garrote or ambush and wail on them until they either blink or frost nova. If they just do a frost nova try to hit them with either a gouge or kidney shot (if they are close enough) to force a blink. If they blink with no frost nova, blind them. Restealth and open on them with your normal stunlock as they now have no way of escaping. If you get polymorphed, trinket out of it. Yes, now you can't trinket out of frost nova but you CAN vanish out of it. The key to killing a good twink mage is proper use of ALL of your cooldowns. Don't take any chances on letting them get range and you should be fine.

Hunter

Hunters are easy if you get the opener on them. It's when they sit in their flare and trap that things get complicated. Basically, start off with your normal stunlock and STAY BEHIND THEM or there is a good chance you will get hit with a wingclip and scatter shot (assuming they are MM), giving the hunter plenty of time to drop a frost trap, get range, hit you with serpent sting, and proceed to kite you to infinity. If this happens, either trinket scatter shot right away and get back in his face or blind him as soon as you can. If you allow a good hunter to get range on you, you're finished.

Shaman

Shaman of all specs are an extremely low threat to rogues, however resto and elemental are very annoying to kill due to their high armor. Make sure to kill their earthbind totems if they start kiting you, blind them if they get to far away.

-Resto and Elemental: Easy. Stunlock them but instead of using KS after you've built up 5 points, use expose armor to help deal with some of that mitigation. Kick or kidney shot their heals/spell casts and they should drop fairly soon without doing much damage to you.

-Enhancement: Again, fairly easy if you get the opener. Carry through your normal stun lock and pop evasion once it runs out. A twink enhancement shaman hitting you with even one windfury crit could be devastating.

Warlock

Another tough class for the rogue depending on what pet he has out. Make sure to kick/KS fear so you don't need to waste your trinket on that. If you eat a full duration fear you are as good as dead.

-Voidwalker: Not a HUGE threat here. Start with your stun lock, watch out for the sacrifice. If you let a lock get curse of exhaustion on you and he isn't sufficiently slowed via crippling poison you are dead. If he gets to far away from you blind him to catch back up. If you can catch him again after CoE has been applied you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

-Succubus: Same deal for the succy as with the VW. You're going to be seduced after you open on the warlock. Allowing him to get range and kite you around. Again, blind if he gets to far away. Don't forget you can kick the succubus while it is casting seduce, buying you a bit more time.

-Felhunter: One of the easiest kills ever. With no way to get range on you carry through with your stunlock and that lock won't last long at all.

Paladin

Similar to the shaman, tons of armor (prot and holy) and a overall pain in the ass to kill. The only difference is they have no way to kite you. Expect a hammer of justice, it's not a real threat except for a geared twink ret paladin. I usually trinket out of it to prevent them from healing during that time. They will bubble at low HP and either heal or bandage. Don't worry about it, get some range to get out of combat, stealth, and get a second opener on them.

-Prot: Stunlock -> 5 point expose armor. It is extremely important you stay behind him. A prot pally with a shield spike WILL eat through your health with consecration/holy shield/shield spike. Keep either rupture or expose armor up after the initial attack.

-Holy: Same deal as prot. Tons of armor and excellent heals. I usually stay away from them in BG's unless I NEED to kill them. It's not that they are going to kill you, its that you could kill 4 or 5 other people in the time it takes you to kill them. Keep expose armor or rupture up and try to stay behind them. No real threat.

-Ret: A PoD ret paladin has the capability to destroy you before their Hammer of Judgement wears off. If you get hit with a HoJ, trinket out of it. Similar to the enhancement shammy, pop evasion once your stunlock wears off and there shouldn't be a big threat.

Rogue

One of those fights that can go either way. Generally speaking, whoever gets the opener wins the fight. It is important to hit him with a rupture before kidney shot wears off to prevent him vanishing and getting a opener on you. Make sure to trinket out of blind if he hits you with that. Either pop evasion and tank him until he is dead or vanish and get a second opener or an ambush/backstab to finish him off. It's up to you.

Druid

Another class that offers no real threat. Kick any type of spell casting they try to do. Trinket out of roots if they somehow get the cast off.

-Feral: Easy... Stunlock them. I don't normally use KS on feral druids, instead I'll hit them with a 5 point eviscerate or expose armor if they go bear form. They really have no way of getting away from you so it's basically a free kill.

-Resto/Balance: A little bit trickier. Stunlock them, kick any casts, do whatever you can to prevent them from getting HoTs on themselves and running away. I usually handle them by blinding and restealthing/vanishing right before my initial stunlock wears off and open on them again. They have relatively low armor when not in bear form so they die fairly quickly.

Priest

Another annoying class for rogues. Just make sure to kick either their holy or shadow spells, depending on spec. Open on them with your stunlock and burn through their shield. Similar to the druid, I'll usually either do the blind/stealth/second opener combo on them or if there isn't much time Ill just vanish before they get DoT's on me. Trinket out of their psychic scream and get back in their face asap. Do whatever you can to prevent them from healing. Wound poison helps a ton here. Priests don't do much damage but they are extremely durable for being a clothy.

Warrior

Treat them how you treat every other hard hitting melee class.

-Prot: Deal with them the same you would deal with a prot paladin. Expect to get disarmed if the warrior knows what he is doing (most don't and die because of it). Switch to a MH with a weapon chain if you are that worried about it or blind the warrior, restealth, and wait until disarm wears off (not really necessary to do this).
    Prot warriors pose very little threat, they are just annoying as hell.

-Arms/Fury: Ok, we've got two types of warriors in this section, the ones with PoDs and the ones that dual wield. The latter is not a problem.

Dual wield warriors are cake. Stunlock, trinket piercing howl, profit. You really don't even need to pop evasion on these guys.

Warriors that use a 2H are a little more dangerous but not much if you know what you are doing. Stunlock and pop evasion as soon as the stun breaks. I don't care if you think using evasion against an arms warrior is suicide. You're wrong. Stay behind these guys at all costs. Get a rupture on them also to prevent the fear + bandage. Similar to the enhancement shaman and ret paladin, a geared warrior with a PoD can wreck you fast if you aren't careful.

7. Correct Use of Poisons

A rogue's poisons are an integral part of the class and without using the right ones, you are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage. It is important to always have multiple off hand weapons with different poisons on them, as you never know when you're going to run into a twink that you need all the help you can get against

[Deadly Poison II] - Deady Poison r. II - I generally stay away from using this poison at all because in case I need to gouge or blind, the DoT effect will break both of them.

[Mind-numbing Poison II] - Mind-Numbing Poison r. II - This is my favorite to use against casters. It allows you some breathing room for kicks/kidney shots to interupt spell casts and it also significantly cuts down the damage you will take if you DON'T interrupt the cast.

[Instant Poison III] - Instant Poison r. III - Hands down my favorite "general purpose" OH poison. I'll mainly use this in BG's where I don't need to worry about facing many twinks. Definitely a nice addition to your DPS when it procs.

[Wound Poison] - Wound Poison - This is really the only choice when doing premades, fighting a healing class such as a priest, or during arena when the other team has a healer. If you are going to use this, definitely put it on a FAST weapon. Anything over 1.8 seconds IMO and it won't stack nearly fast enough, best suited on a [Sacrificial Kris] .

[Crippling Poison] - Crippling Poison - The bread and butter of a rogue's poisonous arsenal. I run with this on my MH around 90% of the time. There are only a few classes I make an exception for.

Now the below list is purely my personal preference.

Druids -

Feral - Crip/Instant
    Resto/Balance - Crip/Wound

Paladin -

Ret - Crip/Instant
    Prot - Crip/Deadly
    Holy - Mind Numbing/Wound

Shaman -

Enhancement - Crip/Instant
    Resto/Elemental - Crip/Mind Numbing

Priest -

Shadow - Crip/Mind Numbing
    Holy - Crip/Wound

Hunter - Crip/Instant

Mage - Crip/Mind Numbing

Rogue - Crip/Instant

Warlock- Crip/Instant

Warrior - Crip/Instant
    Last edited by kerosinek; 08-25-2008 at 03:51 PM.

Complete 39 Rogue Twink Guide
    kerosinek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8. Macros

Macros, something any good player will have and actually use. These make playing so much easier. These are a few of the ones I use on my rogue.

(Note: A lot of these were taken from wowwiki.)

Auto-Sap - Simply a macro that you can spam to your hearts desire. It will auto target any stealthed rogues near you and sap them.

Code:
    #show Sap
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemy
    /cast Sap
    Ambush/Backstab - Simply casts Ambush if you are stealthed, backstab if you are not. Great for Dagger spec rogues.

Code:
    /cast [nostealth] Backstab; Ambush
    Spammable Stealth -> Cheap Shot -> Hemo - Basically just spam this one button. It will put you in stealth, cast cheapshot, and hemo immediately after.

Code:
    /cast [nostealth] stealth
    /cast [stealth] cheap shot
    /cast [combat] Hemorrhage
    Focus macro - Simply sets your focus.

Code:
    /focus
    Clear focus - Self explanatory

Code:
    /clearfocus
    Blind focus - Blinds your focus without switching targets

Code:
    /cast [target=focus, exists] Blind; blind;
    Kick focus - Same as above except kicks your focus without switching targets.

Code:
    /cast [target=focus, exists] Kick; kick;
    Swap to Dagger MH, ambush, swap to sword MH - Hit it once to swap to your dagger, hit it a second time to ambush, hit it a third time to swap back to your MH sword. This is NOT a spammable macro.(change the weapon names to what you use)

Code:
    /equip Scout's Blade
    /cast Ambush
    /equip Legionnaire's Sword
    9. Add-Ons

Proximo - Invaluable unit frames for arena. Proximo | World of Warcraft Addons | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

Hemlock - Great addon for quickly buying supplies and making poisons. Hemlock - WowAce Wiki

Stunwatch - Another invaluable mod for rogues. Times and displays how much longer you've got on your stuns. Rogue StunWatch 2.4 | World of Warcraft Addons | Curse

Closet Gnome - Simple wardrobe mod. There are a lot of these out there but this one is my favorite. Allows you to create different gear sets and change into them with a click of a button. ClosetGnome - WowAce Wiki

10. Useful Resources

Shadow Panther - This is a rogues bible. Ton's of great resources on this site for both twinks and 70 rogues alike. I really suggest you check it out. ShadowPanther.net - World of Warcraft Rogue Info - Charts, Articles, Guides & more!

Syrzan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide, very informative. I dont know much about twinking in the 30-39 bracket but check out the arena grand master trinket (+12 dodge rating(1.66% @39) and a 750-1250hp shield for 20 sec(15min cd on shield) I use it on all my lvl 19 twinks.

also for a sap macro i prefer to use:

#showtooltip Sap
    /console targetNearestDistance 10.000000
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /console targetNearestDistance 41.000000
    /cast [harm,nodead] Sap

if u have no target it works the same but it doesnt swich targets if you aleardy have someone selected when spamming. eg if two ppl are next to each other it wont swich between them as you spam.

Syrzan

Svenito's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide pretty good items

eimoxs's Avatar Member