Call anngame function from my program? (pref aoc but any tuts would be good) menu

User Tag List

mosimo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call anngame function from my program? (pref aoc but any tuts would be good)

Has anyone had any experience with doing this and how to actually find address of a function within a game.

Basically I want to be able to perform functions within age of conan directly like saying text, doing an emote or just logging in but WITHOUT using a sendkey / sendmouse click to the program. I want to call the actual function.

I've seen one tutorial for another game but that was just a simple game and it didnt work the same with age of conan. Basically searching for a text string using OllyDbg that happens when you click a button and you can find the address for the fucntion that button performs.

Basically I'm after: any guides on what I can google to find tutorials, keywords etc or links to actual tutorials or a quick basic guide.

Call anngame function from my program? (pref aoc but any tuts would be good)
    Shynd's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest putting a breakpoint on WINSOCK.send() and then pressing CTRL+F9 in OLLY a few times (CTRL+F9 will execute until RETURN). That should step you out a few levels and give you some idea of what part of the game client is executing an action that needs to be sent to the server (moving, saying text, whatever). It'll take quite a long time if you're new to reverse-engineering (as, sadly, I am too), but you'll get the hang of it sooner or later.