0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Repost Rule

I think that we should have a rule that if someone reposts something thats 1 month apart from the original post it should not be deleted unless the first post is on the same page as the repost.

Repost Rule
    dejavu11's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually like where you are heading with this idea. I've mentioned it here before and I'll say it again, people seem to want "MMOwned the wiki" instead of "MMOwned the forum". Now I can completely dig on giving points to a user that blatantly reposts something (especially the copy-paste people), but often times there's no ill intent.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a rule against posting "repost" requiring people to instead report the post with a link to said repost and let the mods handle it. I'd also love to see thread prefixes for "working - live" "working - private" "not-working" etc...

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zachj95 View Post
    I think that we should have a rule that if someone reposts something thats 1 month apart from the original post it should not be deleted unless the first post is on the same page as the repost.
    IF it's a repost and IF it's an obvious copy + paste then infractions are given...
    IF you find the repost on another site and p(a)ost(e) it here then it is YOUR responsibillity to check if its a repost or not.

Apartment Wolf's Avatar King - AMG
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    makes sense That'll mean less flaming and more up to date posts good idea