Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple new Questions

OOOOooOook.

I just recently succesfully opened up a Hamachi Mangos 2.4.3 server. using the noobpack by 777. works great, Love it.

My first question is. Which Server style. is much more effecient? Ascent, or Mangos? which do u prefer... if u prefer Ascent, give me a few reasons Why, and recomendations on switching.

if you think mangos is Much better. Then maybe u cna help me with my current, questions.

1. Ive been tyrign to do some Cusotm classes for Races, Such as cretaing a Tauren with Rogue class...i THOUGHT> the way to do this was (Navicat>character>chracter> and then find ur characters name, and chang ehis Class or Race number, to wat ever class or raceu wan tthem to change to) But when i do it, i can tlog into that Character without getting a disconection. so. anyone got linsk to a area that will teahc me that?

2. im having alot of issues with the MyWarcraftStudio. I cant seem to get it to read mY patch.mpq. so ic ant ever view models.

3. Ive been trying to Add and Spawn objec,t to make custom areas. But without the Studio. i gotta use .lookup object, then the .goobject add #id- but alooot of times. the Object never shows Up....at all. and the ones that do..end up signs to a building instead..of the building...any place i can look up Object models ? or program ?

4. i am..hamachi. But i am hamachi becau sei have a Wifi Laptop. and I dont know if i can use things like No Ip. or External IP adresses for wat ever, with Wifi? can i?

5. is there a way to run ur server without havign to have ur computer on? or hould i just use one computer to hold the server, and the other to do wat ever with. so i can keep the server running. and no turn it off when i go to sleep .

if u can help me with any of these questions. thats great. id love to hear ur answers. suggestions. recomendations. or evne ur flame on my spelling while i type in the dark. ty.

A couple new Questions
    kreegoth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TO answer your questions..

Im not really sure which Server is more efficient really to be honest.. but from all the posts ive read on here it seems alot of people really like both.. but i do see much more talk about Ascent style servers being more stable.. I cannot however guarantee that this is true..

I personally run a Ascent server.

For the custom race classes things there are 2 or 3 Guides written at least in the ascent Forums about doing this very thing.. Not sure about Mangos once again

On my server i just use NCDB to look up the Game_objects table and find the one im looking for it gives me the # .. but other then that i just find the item im looking for ingame type .go sel and then .go info..

As for the objects not remaining in place are you putting a 1 after them while you spawn them IE .go spawn XXXXXX 1 <------ the one!!

Secondly i dont really understand what you mean about just running the server on a single computer.. Your computer must be turned on for the server to run but it should only be being ran on 1 computer.. Might need to explain this more..

Anyways hope i helped somewhat

pockets08's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TY!

ok awesome. i htink i will Maybe go Ascent. it looks harder to use...but hey its worth a shot

and by a single computer.

ok, to run Mangos. u have to have the Mysql RUnning for the server to be up. and i notice, withrunnign mangos and actually trying to play the game or skim through ur COmputer, it makes the server lag. so to prevent that, im thinking baout getting my other computer up and Running Mangos off it, and using my laptop to actually play..

im also tryign to find a way to let others create thign sintot he DB...as i got ppl wanting to help

Aznex's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it was like this:
    Ascent - preformance (aka U can hold 100 people on this server while with the same computer specc U could only hold 50 with mangos (This is an example ofcourse))
    Mangos - quality