0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] Warden patching/blocking

Sorry in advance because I'm sure this has been asked 98758394759872954 times before (and yes i did search around before posting).

I've been reading around about memory editing, and i did successfully change speed values(quite fun) although i did cop a ban, good thing for trial accounts.

I was wondering(after reading what someone said about a 'warden patch') if it was possible to create a program that blocks warden from doing what it is supposed to do?

*hides from flame *

[Question] Warden patching/blocking
    kynox's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is very possible and quite easy once you have warden reversed. I won't give you exact offsets, but i can give you a hint as to how you can catch the scans..

With each scan, WoW enters a critical section, reads memory/hashes modules/etc and then leaves that critical section. You can catch the scan by setting a memory breakpoint on one of the scanned offsets (0x420541).

fatthacked's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mty View Post
    Sorry in advance because I'm sure this has been asked 98758394759872954 times before (and yes i did search around before posting).

I've been reading around about memory editing, and i did successfully change speed values(quite fun) although i did cop a ban, good thing for trial accounts.

I was wondering(after reading what someone said about a 'warden patch') if it was possible to create a program that blocks warden from doing what it is supposed to do?

*hides from flame *
    Yes there is you can edit wardens memory propertys with wpe pro, i forgot the filter but i belive its here on mmowned somewhere

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kynox View Post
    Yes, it is very possible and quite easy once you have warden reversed. I won't give you exact offsets, but i can give you a hint as to how you can catch the scans..

With each scan, WoW enters a critical section, reads memory/hashes modules/etc and then leaves that critical section. You can catch the scan by setting a memory breakpoint on one of the scanned offsets (0x420541).

Yar.

Originally Posted by fatthacked View Post
    Yes there is you can edit wardens memory propertys with wpe pro, i forgot the filter but i belive its here on mmowned somewhere

What the ****?

arigity's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's a troll.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by arigity View Post
    he's a troll.

Makes sense.

kynox's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fatthacked View Post
    That's a ****ing stupid idea and not possible as Warden's In/Out packets are encrypted. Even if you did manage to do it with lolWPE the response would be incorrect resulting in a ban.

Game Set!

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a ****ing stupid idea and not possible as Warden's In/Out packets are encrypted. Even if you did manage to do it with lolWPE the response would be incorrect resulting in a ban.

Game Set!

Don't even bother, he probably won't even understand what you're saying.

(Seems likely he's just a troll)

Mty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read somewhere warden loads inbetween 'Connecting' and 'Success' is that correct? Asuming its first scan is on-load, would it be possible to catch it somewhere inbetween there? Also 1 more annoying question would using cheatengine be the right way to go about catching it?

Sorry about the questions again lol, keen to learn but there is pretty limited resources on this from what ive found.

Xarg0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use a powerfull debugging tool such as ollydbg or IDA Pro, IDA can do some more stuff than olly but it's also more complex then olly to use ^^
    I hacked 127.0.0.1

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read somewhere warden loads inbetween 'Connecting' and 'Success' is that correct? Asuming its first scan is on-load, would it be possible to catch it somewhere inbetween there? Also 1 more annoying question would using cheatengine be the right way to go about catching it?

Sorry about the questions again lol, keen to learn but there is pretty limited resources on this from what ive found.

Yes it's downloaded and loaded just after you login. What do you mean 'catch it' exactly?

If you just want to get around warden's scans your best bet is to use the offset kynox posted above, if you want to find warden then look for where Warden is allocated (it's pretty obvious once you find it).

Also, no, using cheat engine is a retarded idea and if you have to even ask that you probably dont know enough to do what you're asking.

Originally Posted by Xarg0 View Post
    Use a powerfull debugging tool such as ollydbg or IDA Pro, IDA can do some more stuff than olly but it's also more complex then olly to use ^^
    I use both. OllyDbg can do a bunch of stuff IDA can't, and vice versa.

Generally I use IDA for dead listing, and OllyDbg for live debugging.

Mty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats what i meant by 'catch it' probably not the correct terminology lol.

Originally Posted by Cypher
    If you just want to get around warden's scans your best bet is to use the offset kynox posted above, if you want to find warden then look for where Warden is allocated (it's pretty obvious once you find it).
    That's pretty much all i'm after, one of your posts is actually what made me want to learn to be able to do it. But yeah here i am.

Originally Posted by Cypher
    Also, no, using cheat engine is a retarded idea and if you have to even ask that you probably dont know enough to do what you're asking.
    Probably correct there I'm guessing knowledge of C/C++ or the likes would be required to do these sort of things?

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what i meant by 'catch it' probably not the correct terminology lol.

That's pretty much all i'm after, one of your posts is actually what made me want to learn to be able to do it. But yeah here i am.

Probably correct there I'm guessing knowledge of C/C++ or the likes would be required to do these sort of things?

Knowledge of IA-32 ASM required, knowledge of C/C++ recommended, knowledge of reversing for the IA-32 platform required.

Sorry bud, but you got some reading to do.

Come back with a more specific question after getting some of the groundwork done and we'll probably be able to help.

Xarg0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And get yourself a good ASM reference otherwise you'll get retarded trying to rember all those flags 'n stuff :>
    I hacked 127.0.0.1

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xarg0 View Post
    And get yourself a good ASM reference otherwise you'll get retarded trying to rember all those flags 'n stuff :>
    http://www.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/

Intel ftw!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast