Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] making a item that ports you to a custom location.

Well this guide is going to be written with the intention of creating an item that ports you to a different location then the place the spell origionally ported you.

First you need to know the coords of the place inside of WOW you wish the portal to take you instead of where it did origionally..
    enter the game and when you are standing where you want the portal to take you type .gps

Write these numbers down rounding them off to the nearest whole number Ie if its 978.8 round it to 979.

then you have to visit Thotbot and find the spell you are looking to alter.. I used portal to gnomeran or however its spelt as i dont ever intend to be porting there LOL

Anyways find your id.. its under Spell effect port to (whereever you want to edit)

Then write that number down its in the address bar.. the numbers at the end of the address.. looking there i found the spell effect i needed was 11409

Now you need to either create an item at wow-v in the item, armor, weapon creators that has that spell as one of its bonus's... select on use for the type of triggering.
    (leave charges 0 for unlimited charges)

or create your item using the Database editing program available on mmowned under the programs section.

Now import that item into your Database using NCDB or Heidi or which ever program you use to import Sqls or run queries..

Then open your ascent folder inside of your DB editing program find the table that says teleport_coords...

Open this then find your spell your looking for in there..Alter the tables how you please such as name of port and such and has the id of the spell your intending to change... Under the x y z coordinates you have in the table insert the coords you got from typing GPS ingame.

Save your work in navicat and then restart your server ( or simply start it if it wasnt already up)

Now spawn your item (.additem # whichever id you set it for when you created it )and right click it it should port you to the area you intended it to.

Before anyone says this is a repost it was taken from WOW-v where it is posted under the same heading as the same guide.. and yes i wrote that one too.

[Guide] making a item that ports you to a custom location.