0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Undead Mage Diary

This is my diary. This is the first toon I'm ever botting, and I'm doing it on a separate account, hopefully I'll be able to sell it later on. At the moment I've only added a regular CD Key, and I'm hoping to ding level 60 before the free month is over.

I'm using Glider Elite with different Ppather task files, they will all be linked to.

Day 1

Current level: 6
    Spec: None
    Task file: None
    Notes: Leveled it up manually because it's easiest to start once I get conjure food & water. Didn't get any further until the server shut down for maintenance.

Day 2

Current level: 17
    Spec: 0/8/0
    Task file: kilverj's undead 1-20 grinding task
    Notes: Couldn't level during the night due to the maintenance. Leveling today has been this and that, at level 15 the mage was dying all the time. Went and repaired and taught him frost nova which did the trick. At the moment he's also doing a stupid pull where he tries to take on two mobs. Tried to help him which just messed up things more. Will update later today.

Evening update: Several hours have been wasted, he did terribly bad. A single accidental bodypull and he would die. Changed some in the oobermage settings and he seems to be surviving a lot better now, even though he's dying from time to time. Might be switching profile for the night.

Day 3

Current level: 23
    Spec: 0/0/14
    Task file: Anthrax 4.0
    Notes: Changed to Anthraxx 4.0 before I went to bed, and it did really well. Barrens is so much better than silverpine when it comes to farming, as the mobs aren't as close and some of them are yellow even on high level. I'll probably stick to Anthraxx all the way up to 70 if it is possible.

Evening update: Doing great atm, grinding just south of Camp Taurajo. Will stay here until level 24. Also got my first blue drop, wee! It sucks though.

Night update: Not doing that great now, getting pwnd now and then by the thunderheads. Oh well, switching zone soon. Also just looted Keller's Girdle! Awesome blue cloth belt with intellect and stamina. Equipped straight away.

Day 4

Current level: 27
    Spec: 0/0/18
    Task file: Anthrax_4.0 | Ashenvale task file
    Notes: Trained and moved over to stonetalon, very good zone. Many yellow mobs, he never dies.

Update: Moved further up in stonetalon for 27, horrible spot. He keeps getting owned by the sons of Cenarius and their treants. Will swap taskfile asap.

Night update
    : Switched to a much better 27-30 task in Ashenvale, hoping for several dings now when I go to sleep.

Day 5

Current level: 31
    Spec: 0/0/22
    Notes: Went back to the Anthrax and I'm currently botting in Shimmering flats. It's OK I guess, he dies now and then but I just dinged 31 and I think it'll be a bit easier now.

Day 6

Current level: 35
    Spec: 0/0/26
    Notes: He's done a pretty good job in Shimmering Flats so far. This'll be a good day if I can keep up this leveling pace.

Update: He hit level 35 and I'm now supposed to be grinding on the basilisks in southeast shimmering flats. However, there is one big problem with that spot: there is some water in the middle, and the bot really don't understand that. Sometimes I find him trying to eat and drink while swimming, and sometimes he is pulling from the water which makes the mobs evade bug. The XP is fairly easy but I have to check him all the time so that he's not in the water.

Evening update: Still having that problem and I can't find any good tasks to replace this one with, so I guess I'll just have to stick with it. He's pretty close to ding, and had another bluedrop: Zealot Blade!

Day 7

Current level: 37
    Spec: 0/0/28
    Notes: He's doing awful at the moment. Just plain awful. Dies all the time, I HAVE to find another task.

Update: Have had him off mostly today. Didn't have time to find another task. Now I have one, that is in shimmering flats grinding basilisks as well. Just hoping that this one isn't stupid enough to jump down into the water (if it works good I'll post it). Will only stay here for another level.

Night update: Problem solved. It wasn't the task that was wrong, the area simply required a lower pull range. I set it to 10 and now it works like a charm. Too bad it took the whole day to fix. Dinged 37 anyway, so now I've moved to dustwallow marsh (will upload task file tomorrow). Unfortunately, it's server maintenance so I can't bot tonight. Bad day today in other words.

Day 8

Current level: 39
    Spec: 0/0/30
    Task file: 37-40 Dustwallow Marsh
    Notes: Just started him up after the maintenance so no dings yet, will update later on. He's botting north of Dustwallow now, very good task file. Also killing some taurens, finally some humanoids!

Update: It's going very slow... He's on 17 deaths at the moment and on only 10k exp/hour...

Update 2: Decided to screw all existing tasks, and created one myself with Taskparser... Woah. 20k/hour instead now. Maybe not that awesome either but it's still huge upgrade. (P.S the file above is still the old one, just go to taskparser.com and create one yourself if you want one like mine).

Day 9

Current level: 43
    Spec: 0/0/32
    Task file: 40-43 Swamp of Sorrows
    Notes: Gliding in Swamp of Sorrows atm, going pretty good. Will upload the task once I'm done here.

Day 10

Current level: 47
    Spec: 0/38/0
    Task file: 43-50 Tanaris/Un'goro
    Notes: Started up a pretty neat task in Tanaris/Un'goro. Also respecced to fire.

Day 11

Current level: 50
    Spec: 0/41/0
    Task file: 47-50 Tanaris
    Notes: Going kinda good. Woke up this morning with bags filled and gear all red. Seemed like he couldn't vendor and repair properly. He had also gotten a bluedrop, Changuk Smasher. Found out that only drops from a rare spawn, good bot!

Update: Found out that I had to increase the pulling range, because the bot was bugging on some mobs. Set it to 35yrds and now it works.

Day 12

Bot still going strong, but I decided to give up the diary due to the fact that nobody seemed to be the slightest interested in me updating it any longer. Sure, I got some posts in the beginning but after that people stopped caring. Feels really useless to spend time filling information here if there's nobody that has any use for it. Sorry.

Last edited by Me0w; 07-06-2008 at 06:12 AM.

[DIARY] UD Mage
    Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice diary bro!

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

Me0w's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Just updated it, will do one more update before I go to bed.

Rowro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having glided a mage I'd suggest going frost instead of fire.

Come Undone's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice... Keep it updated now mate and remember it's better to take a break than getting the banhammer!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by herradolf2 View Post
    Nice... Keep it updated now mate and remember it's better to take a break than getting the banhammer!
    Hehe, it's EU, we all know how lazy the EU GMs are =] and also, should it get banned I have another CDKey... My main account is safe anyways.

Rowro: I'm planning to respec asap now since I can go 3/3 frostbite.

Updating in a sec.
    Last edited by Me0w; 06-26-2008 at 06:43 PM.

cavanboy18's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice i never done a mage ill give it a shot? i like more of a melee dps.

Karakis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    diary's are allways good ^^ i hope this one gets finished.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cavanboy18 View Post
    nice i never done a mage ill give it a shot? i like more of a melee dps.
    That's up to you to decide I guess but I hope that I maybe help a bit with this diary.

Dingbat00's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice diary mate mages own also just a tip if you are finding Oobermage hard to use or whatever the default Glider mage is pretty good if you can get a pather enabled one.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dingbat00 View Post
    Nice diary mate mages own also just a tip if you are finding Oobermage hard to use or whatever the default Glider mage is pretty good if you can get a pather enabled one.
    Nah, I'm not a total newb with Glider, I know how everything works.

Jimbobwee: Visit mmoglider.com and start reading.

Come Undone's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Me0w View Post
    Nah, I'm not a total newb with Glider, I know how everything works.

Jimbobwee: Visit mmoglider.com and start reading.

How come you're not using ppather?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by herradolf2 View Post

How come you're not using ppather?
    Lol I am? I mention that in the beginning, and also I'm only linking to task files...? :P

Anyways I updated the diary!! And gave you guys a big bonus, I'm now adding everywhere I'm gliding on a map!

Please note that since I did not design the tasks, I'm not completely sure that all that is correct. This is what I've seen from looking at the screen now and then, so maybe I'm wrong but I hope that it helps out.

iradiation's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for some reason i was 29 and my guy was stuck in stonetalon so yea.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated. G'night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast