0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Program is Coming Along

Firstly, thanks to all who posted info here that helps new people like myself to get ahold of the WOW Objects and also some advice on how to work out certain things. A lot of this i had to work out on my own through hours of trial and error but the postings about how things are stored were priceless and very much appreciated!

Here is some screenshots of my program in action.

One photo shows with waypoints in place and no names
    The other shows without waypoints but the object names are visible.

I already have waypoint navigation in place and also the ability to loop back to a certain waypoint, etc. to restart over again.

Red circles are NonFriendlies or Neutrals (i still can't separate the two yet)
    Green circles are NPC Friendlies
    Light Blue circles are human players
    Grey Circle with ? is unknown objects (items)
    Black Circle dead unit
    White surrounding Black circle- Unit can be looted
    Brown circle surrounding circle- Unit can be skinned
    Yellow ! over circle, unit gives quests.
    not pictured but also in program:
    yellow circles with letters T,S,C, etc. ore deposits
    orange circles with C treasure chests.

To do list.

1) Deal with Mobs logic
    2) Looting corpses
    3) Deal with resources (minerals) logic
    4) if dead, ressurect and get back to body
    5) each waypoint may have certain jobs to do (like seek enemies, seek minerals, wait, etc.)

I welcome any feedback, ideas, critiques or otherwise any other infos or help with the above items in the to do list-

thanks again for great forums here and to those who helped me out-

here's the links:

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...nt/nonames.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...lent/names.jpg

My Program is Coming Along
    babodx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    may you release your source code?
    how to use tls get these info?

ShoniShilent's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i used the following area in the WOW.exe code to find the beginning of the player code:

PLAYER STRUCT
    --------------------------------

007FAFF0 A1 38AAE800 MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[E8AA38]

007FAFDC CC INT3
    007FAFDD CC INT3
    007FAFDE CC INT3
    007FAFDF CC INT3
    007FAFE0 55 PUSH EBP
    007FAFE1 8BEC MOV EBP,ESP
    007FAFE3 8B45 0C MOV EAX,DWORD PTR SS:[EBP+C]
    007FAFE6 8B00 MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[EAX]
    007FAFE8 8B4D 08 MOV ECX,DWORD PTR SS:[EBP+8]
    007FAFEB 2B01 SUB EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[ECX]
    007FAFED 5D POP EBP
    007FAFEE C3 RETN
    007FAFEF CC INT3
    007FAFF0 A1 38AAE800 MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[E8AA38]
    007FAFF5 8B88 20010000 MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+120]
    007FAFFB 8079 79 09 CMP BYTE PTR DS:[ECX+79],9
    007FAFFF 75 13 JNZ SHORT WoW.007FB014
    007FB001 6A 00 PUSH 0
    007FB003 8D88 F0250000 LEA ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+25F0]
    007FB009 68 79180000 PUSH 1879
    007FB00E E8 ED38DFFF CALL WoW.005EE900
    007FB013 C3 RETN
    007FB014 33C0 XOR EAX,EAX
    007FB016 C3 RETN
    007FB017 CC INT3
    007FB018 CC INT3
    007FB019 CC INT3
    007FB01A CC INT3

i use the value at [E8AA38] as my starting point to traverse through the WOW Objects list. if you need more help than this let me know and i will post a new thread detailing how i traverse the list. like many in the forums here, i am glad to help but will likely not post my project code.
    Last edited by ShoniShilent; 06-04-2008 at 08:26 PM.

suicidity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice work. I won't be giving you rep, but now work on reading out a mob's struct. It shouldn't be hard since you already have TLS, Then you can code a simple combat system.

Keep up the good work, post more good work and i'll rep you.

galpha's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5) each waypoint may have certain jobs to do (like seek enemies, seek minerals, wait, etc.)
    You shouldn't have your bot do its decisions based on the arrival to a waypoint. Instead, an other thread should always check and see if conditions change (e.x.: Entered combat, GM Teleport, Destination Mob dead). That thread should modify the actions, like stopping going to a waypoint and get to an other or something.

Also for a suggestion, you could implement a Navigation Mesh the way OpenBot does its pathing. It is harder to do, but not by so much.

ShoniShilent's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by galpha View Post
    You shouldn't have your bot do its decisions based on the arrival to a waypoint. Instead, an other thread should always check and see if conditions change (e.x.: Entered combat, GM Teleport, Destination Mob dead). That thread should modify the actions, like stopping going to a waypoint and get to an other or something.

Also for a suggestion, you could implement a Navigation Mesh the way OpenBot does its pathing. It is harder to do, but not by so much.
    thanks for the suggestion! i think i am already doing something similar- (you can tell me if not) the way i am coding it, each waypoint will have a directive (for instance mine gold, avoid enemies, check for enemies, etc.) that will tell it what to do until it reaches the next waypoint.

for instance you reach waypoint 6 which has directive #CheckForEnemies. the bot will send you towards waypoint 7 and along the way if an enemy is within the area of attack and is the right level, it will attack it. once the enemy is dead, the bot will continue on towards waypoint 7, etc.

at waypoint 7 the directive might be to #MineGold, at which it would check a small distance around the waypoint to see if a node is present and then set into motion the mining automation. if no node, then move on to waypoint 8 (which will be nearly almost in the same spot) which will be #CheckForEnemies which will set the bot up to look for enemies again on it's way to Waypoint 9, etc.

also, the bot will constantly check for #IsBeingAttacked and will stop all other actions and automations and deal with the current threat before moving on again.

i have not seen the mesh thing you are talking about. i am making the bot do things based on it's distance from enemies, objects. i also plan to make it use ranged attacks if desired and also attack scripts that can be followed when in combat (i.e. cast spell of agony, cast fireball, use wand, use wand, use drain soul, repeat) based on flags that the user can select, etc. i am still working out the details on it, etc.

i also plan to have each waypoint have ability to run scripts as well. (summon imp, cast demon armor, etc.) that way if you lose a minion, you might have it resummoned at next waypoint, etc.

lots to do. suggestions and feedback greatly appreciated!