Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PLEASE help me]Am i in trouble...kek

hey,,
    after i scammed another account i got an email from his dad, he worked at the cops and was tracing my ip and isp to report me blabla,,i didnt use iphider...(now im using it xD) can i get in trouble,,i talked with MSN...no mails etc..please say evrything is Ok,cus im scared like hell!!!!:confused:

[PLEASE help me]Am i in trouble...kek
    Flawz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really depends about what you did. If all you did was scam an account from someone who was selling it, you won't get in legal trouble, as long as there is no proof that you sold the account. You cannot gain money from selling Blizzard products, but scamming is perfectly fine.

Threats from his dad won't do much, unless he is willing to come beat you up in person. But remember it depends on what you did. If you did something illegal like sending fake photo IDs used in many scams, then you will be in shit. If you faked a notary, then you should go suicide right now. If you keylogged someone's information, then you will get into trouble. Get my point?

Scamming WoW accounts that are being sold is...legal.
    Flawz > You. Discuss.

Clain's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is sooo easy to get an Ip over msn >_>...I'd tell his dad to bone off, then say "lolol, n00b its a game, Raggglfraggle"

Tompilot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol why does the dad care about the game?? xd
    If you read this, you just wasted 5 seconds of your life..

*ChAoS*'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chances are hes bluffing. Anyone can go onto the internet and pose as anyone else. I would say change your ip and it should be fine. Even if you don't, you probably won't get in any real trouble. The police has better things to do than track down wow accounts. Also all accounts belong to Blizzard not the people who play them. You should be fine.

Flawz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by theblackmage View Post
    Chances are hes bluffing. Anyone can go onto the internet and pose as anyone else. I would say change your ip and it should be fine. Even if you don't, you probably won't get in any real trouble. The police has better things to do than track down wow accounts. Also all accounts belong to Blizzard not the people who play them. You should be fine.
    WOW IS SERIOUS BUISNESS OK?
    Flawz > You. Discuss.

Superthrust's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jannick View Post
    hey,,
    after i scammed another account i got an email from his dad, he worked at the cops and was tracing my ip and isp to report me blabla,,i didnt use iphider...(now im using it xD) can i get in trouble,,i talked with MSN...no mails etc..please say evrything is Ok,cus im scared like hell!!!!:confused:
    dont worry man. I had the same thing happen to me before. Tell him to STFU and to tell his son "welcome to the internetz".

Seriously, its his son's stupid fault for having a low amount of willpower, lol.

What really went on is it prolly was actually him (the kid) posing as his dad, posing as a cop. Like some people said earlier in this thread, i could pose as the queen of england on the internet, or some dude from Australia. I scam / con IRL, and its just as easy online.

Don't worry, your fine. Social Engineering my friend. He's attempting to scare you into giving the account back.

jannick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot evryone, I did not used any fake ID,keyloggers. He wanted o trade and i scammed him ...few thanks evryone!!!!

C-Death's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your fine..i just got my law degree a few days ago so trust me when i tell you this: For scamming a WoW account, NOTHING legal wise can happen. Blizzard owns it, so, when you are scamming an account, your just transferring it from one player to another.

Blizzards ownership doesn't change.

*ChAoS*'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by C-Death View Post
    So your fine..i just got my law degree a few days ago so trust me when i tell you this: For scamming a WoW account, NOTHING legal wise can happen. Blizzard owns it, so, when you are scamming an account, your just transferring it from one player to another.

Exactly, the only thing that could happen would be your account is banned by Blizzard. Blizzard owns the account so they can do anything they want to it.

Good Luck and Good Job!

Woink's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by C-Death View Post

Well spoken.

Also please try searching alittle before posting, these kinda questions is asked daily atm.

jannick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I read some toher topics, but there was said if your ISP was tracked down, You could get in trouble..anyway last thing i got to say...