0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sell/recall accnts

so i might be selling my account for a good amount of money in the next week, if i can im going to keep teh CD key so i can recall it

also money is through paypal

so howlong should i wait to recall my account so they cant get their money back by trying to claim fraid/resolving with paypal

sell/recall accnts
    Woink's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fcpremix23 View Post
    so i might be selling my account for a good amount of money in the next week, if i can im going to keep teh CD key so i can recall it

also money is through paypal

so howlong should i wait to recall my account so they cant get their money back by trying to claim fraid/resolving with paypal

You just need the SQ/SA and last name for recalling. Are you selling to a company or a private person? When I've sold accounts they have been recalled a week after or something and nothing ever happend to my money nor did anything happen to me. Fake information for the win.

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is 42 for paypal recalling. so if u sell it then take it back 42-43 days later he cant recall money. unless he pays with credit card then he can do a charge back with his bank.

chrco1991wow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf?

Im fairly new to these forums. Fairly new.

Im starting realise that I think alot of you are kinda noob. Sorry. i said it.

No.1 Rule of scamming. Get an Australian Paypal account. Register in Australia. Address wherever you are, but sign up to Paypal Aus. The agreements state they can't recall ANYTHING. Not even CC chargeback.

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!
    OI! OI! OI!

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by chrco1991wow View Post
    Im fairly new to these forums. Fairly new.

Im starting realise that I think alot of you are kinda noob. Sorry. i said it.

No.1 Rule of scamming. Get an Australian Paypal account. Register in Australia. Address wherever you are, but sign up to Paypal Aus. The agreements state they can't recall ANYTHING. Not even CC chargeback.

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!
    OI! OI! OI!
    The agreement states that they can't do CC chargebacks?

Show me where it says this, please. And compare it to the agreements of non-Aus Paypal.

If this is true, then I'll be intrigued beyond belief.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could go through the user agreementS(there is three) and find it. However I will quote from a phone call I made in relation to wow.

"To put it frankly, they can't do anything, paypal will not take any action where the property is not real or is virtual, i assume you are talking about World of Warcraft Accounts? It is paypal policy to take no action as you cannot sell something that is not yours, the company that created the game remains the owner of that data, and you cannot sell it."

Basically, I called alot of times to confirm that a victim(like accounts.net) CANNOT in anyway take anything from my paypal account OR file a successful dispute against me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, ok, ok.

Lets look at this from a different angle. In order for a payment to be reversed, one must file a dispute with Paypal. This policy, the policy of getting funds back comes under Paypals BUYER PROTECTION POLICY. So to have a payment reversed you must, to be eligible protection or an investigation into the matter by paypal;

Purchase a Qualifying Item. Your purchase must be for a tangible, physical good that can be shipped. The following items are not eligible under either the PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy or the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy: intangibles, services, licences and other access to digital content, live auctions, vehicles, airline flight tickets, and items prohibited in the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy.
    Unfortunately, a wow account is digital content.

Therefore no payment can be reversed.
    Last edited by chrco1991wow; 03-23-2008 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Formatting

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by chrco1991wow View Post
    ok, ok, ok.

Lets look at this from a different angle. In order for a payment to be reversed, one must file a dispute with Paypal. This policy, the policy of getting funds back comes under Paypals BUYER PROTECTION POLICY. So to have a payment reversed you must, to be eligible protection or an investigation into the matter by paypal;

Unfortunately, a wow account is digital content.

Therefore no payment can be reversed.
    Unless you lie and open an unauthorized funds dispute.

All you have to do is say you didn't make the payment; you got hacked. Paypal is generally idiotic, and since it's not a tangible good, there's no way for them to prove that you actually got anything for your money.

Basically, tell them you got hacked. Oh, the irony...

Isn't it funny how you can basically advance in life by lying and telling corporations that you got hacked? Blizzard, Paypal, you name it.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

burnzy12's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    verye have u tried this? Did you call or open a dispute with paypal when you say you got hacked? Thanks.
    .thebattlebegins.com/index.php?referrerid=462

Click to play games for cash/prizes!!! PM for more details

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its true if its virtual u cant be refunded. UNLESS...they put unauthorized.

fcpremix23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the responds, im just going to do it after the 2 months

fcpremix23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh and i figured out he wants to pay with eCheck.
    can he recall the money on that after it goes into my account?

citisin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a similar situation. i sold my account in early feb. this year to gamepal.com, would it be safe for me to recall the account...?

rpglord's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    people pls keep me in mind you can lose paypal money in 2 ways.First option is if buyer files an dispute with paypal.You dont have to worry about this,because in 90% of cases paypal will decide that you win the dispute,because buyer protection does NOT cover virtual stuff like wow account.So you are actually pretty safe here,paypal will never approve the refund.
    However,there is another option which doesnt involve paypal at all.When you spend money with your credit card,you can go to your bank and ask for a refund.Its called chargeback.You can ask for a many number of reasons - merchandise not received,not as described,you can even say your credit card got stolen.Unlike paypal,banks will side with their customers,even if its for wow account.However,most bank have rule that you can file an chargeback in 3 months after transaction was placed.So if buyer tries to file an chargeback when it's too late,only then bank will refues it
    So bottom line : wait atleast 3 months.

citisin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya i read up on paypal policies about chargebacks and it says they have a 60 day limit if it goes through them. but, i know that credit companies themselves can do chargebacks almost a year after the purchase. so should i wait the sixty days or what?