18/71
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soft Bans

So most of us here probably have witnessed soft bans by now, if you are into the gps spoofing. The ones where you can't catch any pokemon or redeem any items from pokestops.

Does anyone know how long they usually last? And is there any known way to avoid it? Any info on this will be appreciated.

Soft Bans
    Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard anything from 30 minutes to 1-2 hours. I don't think there's a solid figure because emails aren't sent, and there's no notification of when the ban starts and ends.

As for avoiding it, I've done nothing but spoof and haven't been banned. I think there's a couple of tricks to it:

Firstly, it's easy to catch you if you're "teleporting" around large distances with spoofing, so avoid that if possible.

Secondly, if you are spoofing but have your WiFi or Mobile location enabled, it can leak your real location, which is bad. This is what causes "teleporting" between your spoofed location and your real location.

Finally, I believe IP address may have something to do with it. I'm in Australia and have only spoofed in my state. IP address matches the location, with no teleporting going on, so I haven't been banned. There are others following the same precautions and in the same location as me but living in different countries and they've been banned. Not concrete evidence, but something to consider nonetheless.

Sheetka's Avatar Contributor Premium Account Seller
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    18/71
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think it can be smart to activate the move around thingy in fakegps with like 5 meters to simulate realistic movement?

I spoof from the netherlands to australia right now as well, same spot as you like mentioned before, but got softbanned on one account instantly and on the other after 2 hours of farming. Both have been unbanned now though.

Maybe set a vpn to the country you're spoofing too? I wish I knew a good place in Amsterdam or something and it's too dangerous to teleport around the country looking for spots.

Censorship's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can "teleport" if you are willing to wait 1 hour. All my soft bans are for roughly 1 hour. Very rare that it's longer than that. I GPS spoof in a location for a few hours till I capture all the pokemon there then I will set my location to a new state/country and wait an hour or so. Then log back in and start capturing.

The soft ban isn't even a big deal, when you consider by spoofing you are still catching far more pokemon than anyone else that is walking or even driving. I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, so by Spoofing I already have a 1500+ Gyrados and a couple 1200 other pokemon, No one can challenge me at Gyms, except 1 other guy with a 1568 Arcanine, but I believe him to be spoofing as well.

I also pick a new location before I goto bed every night so when I wake up the soft ban is long gone and I can start capturing again.

Gihil's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only had soft bans due to traveling long distance. Haven't figured out how much time I need to put between hops to not get soft banned yet. Both my bans lasted a little over an hour.
    Originally Posted by Censorship View Post
    You can "teleport" if you are willing to wait 1 hour. All my soft bans are for roughly 1 hour. Very rare that it's longer than that. I GPS spoof in a location for a few hours till I capture all the pokemon there then I will set my location to a new state/country and wait an hour or so. Then log back in and start capturing.

The soft ban isn't even a big deal, when you consider by spoofing you are still catching far more pokemon than anyone else that is walking or even driving. I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, so by Spoofing I already have a 1500+ Gyrados and a couple 1200 other pokemon, No one can challenge me at Gyms, except 1 other guy with a 1568 Arcanine, but I believe him to be spoofing as well.

I also pick a new location before I goto bed every night so when I wake up the soft ban is long gone and I can start capturing again.
    Heh, I use the same techniques. Where did you grind the gyarados?