Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my phone ive been going from canada to australia to uk to Usa to even iceland and shit looking for pokemon I didn't once get a softban or ANYTHING.

Soft bans - What we know, should you be worried and how to avoid it
    HunterHero's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    150/230
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by oreo99 View Post
    On my phone ive been going from canada to australia to uk to Usa to even iceland and shit looking for pokemon I didn't once get a softban or ANYTHING.
    It depends on your time, how long you wait between gps jumping and how loaded the servers are. And you could have been banned but not for very long.

Zefy's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went from NY to Minnesota using Nox.

-Closed app in NY, left for 1h 30m, came back set location to Minnesota and then logged in. Instantly I was softbanned. Not sure how long its going to last this time, but be careful.

HiddenCore's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i honestly dont get it ... once again the same ... lets say my brother works in NY and he play there ... is there any term that i cant use his account to claim the gyms back home ... why did they make the data to be saved on cloud if they dont want that .... u cant softban ppl like that or perma ban ..

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HiddenCore View Post
    i honestly dont get it ... once again the same ... lets say my brother works in NY and he play there ... is there any term that i cant use his account to claim the gyms back home ... why did they make the data to be saved on cloud if they dont want that .... u cant softban ppl like that or perma ban ..
    No cheating.

Don’t do it. Play fair. Pokémon GO is meant to be played on a mobile device and get you outside to explore your world! Methods of cheating, unfortunately, are limited only by cheaters’ imaginations, but include at a minimum the following: using modified or unofficial software; playing with multiple accounts (one account per player, please); sharing accounts; using tools or techniques to alter or falsify your location; or selling/trading accounts.
    https://support.pokemongo.nianticlab...ner-guidelines

6. Thanks HunterHero (1 members gave Thanks to phantom325 for this useful post)
    jake1116's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone think softbans are just placeholders for possible future bans while they deal with server issues?

explosive82's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jake1116 View Post
    Anyone think softbans are just placeholders for possible future bans while they deal with server issues?
    I dont think it takes a whole lot of effort for them to simply ban someone so i don't think this is the case

Swaee's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright guys, any experts here who have experience being softbanned? I went from Canada to Sydney and I have been softbanned for 2 hours so far. How much longer do you think it will be? Am I screwed? It's my second time being softbanned.

Sheetka's Avatar Contributor Premium Account Seller
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    18/71
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Swaee View Post
    Alright guys, any experts here who have experience being softbanned? I went from Canada to Sydney and I have been softbanned for 2 hours so far. How much longer do you think it will be? Am I screwed? It's my second time being softbanned.
    Ive been softbanned more than 3 times. It usually lasted more than 2 hours for me too, so just be patient.

Thanks G/R
    150/230
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by serotini View Post
    Ive been softbanned more than 3 times. It usually lasted more than 2 hours for me too, so just be patient.
    I've been softbanned over 20 times testing out the duration on multiple accounts. It ranges from 10 minutes to 8 hours.

Crowd's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if i'm soft banned though everytime i catch a pokemon it freezes on on the ball screen, do they even let you interact with it when you're soft banned?

yuuzuya's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are the softbanned player can still hatching an egg?
    sry, bad english
    Last edited by yuuzuya; 07-17-2016 at 05:33 AM. Reason: rip english

Thanks G/R
    150/230
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Crowd View Post
    Not sure if i'm soft banned though everytime i catch a pokemon it freezes on on the ball screen, do they even let you interact with it when you're soft banned?
    Frozen balls is not a result of a soft ban but a server side problem.

Originally Posted by yuuzuya View Post
    are the softbanned player can still hatching an egg?
    sry, bad english
    You can still hatch eggs yes.

15. Thanks Crowd (1 members gave Thanks to HunterHero for this useful post)
    arman756's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HunterHero View Post
    It doesn't have to be that long. It's not like they track how long it's been since you were in the last spot and if you arrive half around the world in 30 mins then you're banned. I switch between Sydney, NYC and Copenhagen and I just close down the app, wait 15-30 mins, change GPS and open it up and it works.
    Well now I'm confused because it sounds like you contradicted yourself here. Can you please explain more.

" It's not like they track how long it's been since you were in the last spot", Then, "if you arrive half around the world in 30 mins then you're banned"

Ty I just would like to know how long I'd have to wait until I can travel back from the East coast NY to the West coast Cali.

arman756's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by owlporridge View Post
    Hi guys, I've reach level 21 now I spoof like you guys do but not too far away places since i learned about the softban. So now today I only spoof 1-2 km away and since its raining I spoof just closeby for pokemons. Now here's the thing whenever I tried to spoof looking for pokemons nearby I noticed the 3 footprints never go down to two, one or none. and I have to idea whats happening.
    All of a sudden the pokemon just pop outs next to you even though he's like 3 pokemons away plus 3 steps away. It wasnt like this yesterday. I tried spoofing with my other 2 accounts and they all do the same. I need help, I dunno whats happening, I dont know if this is part of the softban we dont know about or is this just occasional bug problems, I was thinking of reporting this to niantics but I'm afraid I might get found out for spoofing that It may be one of there ways of finding out people who spoof their gps. :/
    The foot prints is a game bug that happened around the 15th has nothing to do with what your doing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast