.:tips for new buyers:.  Don't get fooled and scammed menu

Shout-Out

Trade Details

Free

How does it work? (Learn more about CoreCoins here)

User Tag List

ilovedogs13's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.:tips for new buyers:. Don't get fooled and scammed

Do your research, dot your "I's" and cross your "T's". There are a lot of scammers out there looking to make a fast buck. Why do I know this? The first day I was on the forum I was scammed because I was excited about someone selling a level 35+. After talking to the seller for a while, I thought he was trustworthy. Turns out I was dead wrong.

I'm here to share some tips for you to not get scammed.

- Click on the seller's name and then look at the posts they posted on the forum. If they are scammers. You can see that Mods have already banned their account(s).
    - There is a scammer thread that is up and you can view who are scammers. Link is -----> http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo-...t-scammed.html (Trade section rules / How to report a scammer / How to not get scammed)
    - If the seller is only offering one type of payment method. Red Flag.
    - If the seller closes the thread instantly after they've posted, or negative comments. Red flag.

Take this post with a grain of salt. I'm trying to help others not get scammed like I did. I'm not here to say all sellers are scammers. There are legit sellers on this forum. You just have to find the right one. Ask tons of questions. Make sure they give you proof of the account your buying. Make them send pictures, Pokemon lists, etc. If they can't provide this most likely it's a scammer. If the pictures are too good to be true..... It's most likely a scam.

Biggest advice I can give you is don't fall for what I did. The title of the post. It was flashy and made me click on it.

If you did get scam, call your bank and report it was a scammer and it's fraud and they can help get you your money back. Document your scam. Screen print EVERYTHING and save it as back up. I did and was able to get my money back.

Help keep the forum clean of scammer. Something seems fishy to you. Flag the post and a Mod will look at it and throw the Ban Hammer.

.:tips for new buyers:.  Don't get fooled and scammed