49/57
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mists of Pandaria release date revealed

Today, Blizzard announced the release date for Mists of Pandaria, which is set to be on September 25th, 2012.

Pre orders are also available. $39.99 lands you a copy of just the game, while $59.99 gets you the "Digital Deluxe Edition", which includes an in game mount, a Diablo III banner sigil & accent, and a Starcraft II portrait.

So, Ownedcore, what do you think of these offers? Which will you be buying, if either? Will you pre-order?

For more information on the offers and Mists of Pandaria be sure to check out the official World of Warcraft website!

-Relican

Mists of Pandaria release date revealed
    nerfmeplease's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 normal editions for other accounts, probably deluxe for my account. so bored of clearing DS.

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will also be a Collector edition for 69.99€ : Collector's Edition - Services - World of Warcraft
    It's like the deluxe edition + DVDs/sountracks/book/mousepad

I left wow and i'm quite happy about it, i thought i wouldn't resist buying MoP but seeing the prices did not drop (i was expecting 15-20$ for the normal edition), they won't get me back
    Last edited by Nyarly; 07-25-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Thaadevil's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/9
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12 Digital delux edition sounds fair

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be purchasing one of the regular versions for $39.99, probably the preorder copy. Glad they've got a date on it. Two months isn't that far away.

Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    US Standard edition for me ^_^

I think WoW is the only place with such a self loathing community..

I wonder if the NRA has members on their forums & in their meetings that talk about how they don't shoot guns anymore..

Ohhh what's that? You like sky diving? Yeah well I don't do that..but I'm suuure gonna talk about it within the community of people that do..

Originally Posted by Some random Hershey fansite
    I actually gave up candy altogether..I just chew on tree bark now

Gaaawwwd >.<

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaladhjin View Post
    US Standard edition for me ^_^

I think WoW is the only place with such a self loathing community..

I wonder if the NRA has members on their forums & in their meetings that talk about how they don't shoot guns anymore..

Ohhh what's that? You like sky diving? Yeah well I don't do that..but I'm suuure gonna talk about it within the community of people that do..

[/size]
    Gaaawwwd >.<
    You do realize this is Ownedcore, former MMOwned and not WoWned ?
    Do you like every mmorpg, rts and fps we talk about here ?

I know i would have left WoW before cataclysm if it wasn't for the exploration

Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Myself to lessen the wall of text aspect ;-)
    I suspect I could find something hosted here I don't like..not a real big fan of Star Wars..you're choosing to miss the point though..even while knowing very well what it is ;-)

Its just such a buzz kill..never used to be that way..now even in the game people talk about how much it sucks & they're tired of it..while still finding a reason to login :-(

I'd like to ignore it..& would if I could..however its so prevalent I've decided to take a more..combative position..because it bothers the craaap out of me..

I do realize this is a discussion thread..& you're offering up..whatever you're inclined to..& that's your right ;-)

Now that you're..involved..I'm interested & you already strike me as the sort of person that will gladly tell me..what's your angle?

In my experiences with the people I've had the pleasure of talking to..it seems like people are proud they don't play anymore..to such an extent they want to sort of disavow any relation to the game..which may be why they throw it up at every opportunity..

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i already said it before, i started playing WoW for two reasons :
    - The lore, i wanted to see the heroes i heard and read about in 3D, in action, being able to witness their epic fights. I wanted to "see" the real size of the dragons, to watch thrall in orgrim's armor, to "be there" during the battle of hyjal, ... I loved long epic quests with known figures and cinematics/dialogs/etc, the AQ opening gates quests chain was the best one i ever did (i did it twice).

- The guilds part. That's really what kept me from quitting WoW for so long. My guilds (one on private servers, one on official servers with people from my guild on the private server) were like a family to me, i gave them everything i could and they did the same to me when i needed them. It was all about sharing, having fun and spending time together, no one was left behind. The feeling is so amazing, i can't find this IRL where people hate eachothers because they have a different skin color or because they're youngers, looks weird/ugly/fat or have a different sexual orientation, ...

One thing i learned to love as WoW evolved to something i dislike, the hard work and epiness.
    I really liked the fact that you had to earn the access to the most difficult encounters, to fight the hardest bosses like an army with 39/24 other people. I enjoyed taking time to gather 5k gold to buy a stupid flying mount, or doing 300+ tries to get rivendare's mount because i felt rewarded for my work and patience. I envied people in stormwind/orgrimmar wearing full tier sets.
    And of course, the exploration ! I discovered it with dopefish and nogg-aholic and since then it was what occupied most of my journeys on WoW, it was so amazing!

Now they don't care at all about the lore, they've just decided to flush anything that makes sense down the toilet to create stuff out of nothing in order to sell more stuff and make people happy by being able to play a tauren paladin or dwarf shaman.
    Exept the legendary ones, there are no longer long quests chains anymore, and no real story behind them.
    10 man raids (karazhan was awesome because of the lore behind it). LFR/LFG.
    Killing arthas with 10 people.
    Free tier stuff for everyone who farms more than easy dungeons.
    Mounts at level 20 with a ridiculously low price.
    Pandarens. (don't even try to tell me there is lore to support their presence.)
    Flying mounts on azeroth and no real big hidden place since that.
    Achievements.

Some people say vanilla was painful, too much farm, too hard, etc. Well i liked this so much more than what we have now. Only hardmodes remain relatively hard.
    I'm writing this at 00:13, i've probably missed/badly explained a lot of things but i think you can already see why i'm feeling sad when i see how the game evolved and will evolve (with MoP).
    So i like to tell that i'm unhappy about it because if we do it with arguments then they might realize that something went wrong at one point and that they should try to go back a little to see what really made WoW what it is/was.
    With a little bit a bitterness, that would work if blizzard was still the blizzard that cared about their customers. Now that it's activision blizzard all i hear is "money money money".

I know some people do not care at all about Kungen but i've been a fan of nihilum since the beginning and seeing him leaving WoW made me die a bit inside.
    He didn't really explain why but he said what most of us (us = people who left WoW) think for various reasons.
    Kungen:
    I've been playing since the release which was about 5 years ago and that's quite a long time. The first year the game was a 5 of 5 to me, the second a 4 of 5, the third a 3 of 5... You can see where this is going, I just don't enjoy the game the same way anymore. And so after having thought about it for a while, I finally decided that it was time to call it quits.
    Long post is long.
    TL;DR
    I'm expressing my disappointment so that maybe, one day, the game will get good again and if so, i'll start playing it again happily.
    Last edited by Nyarly; 07-26-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Depthcore's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post Nyarly, I could not agree more.

Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm impressed..very well spoken :-)

I've been disappointed with the overall progression of the game myself..it doesn't change that I like to play..I still do..I just don't play the same or do the things I used to enjoy..

Raids used to be about precision..finesse..a very calculated & coordinated understanding of what was happening..when & what needed to be done..

Now..all I see is optimal..every bit of character & class has been sacrificed for the sake of optimal..same gear..same spec..same rotation..all standing in the same position..where your only value to the raid is your position on the meter..without that..you won't be in the guild long enough to form any meaningful relationships..

I'd have liked to know my guild members in private life too..& I did..to an extent..unfortunately for me a majority of them live in California..whereas I live in North Dakota..not very viable for a meet :-( still texted..ventrilo'd..skype'd..I miss those days as well..

The masses are being pandered to..ha! pandered..panda..coincidence? ;-) by being given access to content they feel they shouldn't have to spend any time seeing..I think Blactivision admitted defeat long ago when they let the we pay for this & can't play it all clamoring influence their development decisions..

All that aside..I do still like to play..& even when I was paying for the subscription.. .50 USD a day for even a little enjoyment out of the play I get..no problem..I understand your position though :-)

SkinTicket's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do plan on still playing WoW but since playing the last GW2 beta, I'm pretty sure that'll be taking over the majority of my time. We will see...

mariaaulman's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mounts and other stuff arent worth the extra money in my opinion.
    Regards

FuryExploiting's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Deluxe Editions extra things is just a way of saying.
    "We know you wanna buy it, so therefore we added this extra stuff so you can buy our other games, then we get more customer, HENCE MORE MONEY, HEENCE WE OOOOWN YOU, WEEE OOOOOWNNN YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Ok. In all seriousness. I am not gonna go with the deluxe edition.
    [I]Got banned from Diablo 3 or World of Warcraft? Click here! https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo-trading-market/world-of-warcraft-buy-sell-trade/345106-wow-unban-service-high-rates-good-feedback.html

kbacklash's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by FuryExploiting View Post
    The Deluxe Editions extra things is just a way of saying.
    "We know you wanna buy it, so therefore we added this extra stuff so you can buy our other games, then we get more customer, HENCE MORE MONEY, HEENCE WE OOOOWN YOU, WEEE OOOOOWNNN YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"...
    EA did similar things (preorder ME3CE get DA2 armor/weapons, DAO armor pack, crap for Battlefield or NFS). PC Game boxes used to come packed with coupons for Alienware/AMD/Intel/NVidia/etc, and some came with coupons for whatever publishers other games : "oh look, you bought X, buy Y for $5 off, if you act by (30days after release of game you bought)!" Just saying that it's not really a new tactic to upgrade with multi-game perks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast