351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Baaja View Post
    Parog is so right. Nobody knows how Blizzard thinks, and we have many times gotten thrown off with their decisions. Last time it was Tauren Paladins, I heard so many people whine about that and there were several threads about it. But people forget to remember that the Universe of Warcraft is Blizzard's Universe. When they find a little crack in a door around some lore, they will push a foot in and then start to add more to it. With that they can proceed and get away with it. I fail to understand the fail which is this "leak". I for one would look forward to something like this, but right now it's only speculations. Fun read, nonetheless.
    That my friend is exactly why Aphel brought this forward, it may or may not be true, but it is good fun to speculate and comment on the rumours, wether you believe them to be true or not

Vengeance of the Void Pages 2-15 Leaked! (Image Heavy)
    Timmid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This "leak" looks kind of believable, but some of it really doesn't make sense.. Lore and otherwise.

It's still a cool idea for some of it however. Minus Naga for Horde, that sucks.

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay this might be far fetched even if this is false perhaps this is exactly what the "leaker" doesn't want and hopes that it will scare off Blizzard if they feel that their plans have been leaked.

Either way bravo to the leaker for either having the balls to let it slip out or going to the effort to produce a very interesting fake with interesting possibilities.

Timmid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hehe why should we consider that? That is just as good as any speculation from members here.. admin status doesnt mean that you know everything.

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It;s like 2012. The world could end and it could not. It's speculation and rumors, tbh its quite exciting even if it is fake as it can be re-used in emulation :P
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

amd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    hehe why should we consider that? That is just as good as any speculation from members here.. admin status doesnt mean that you know everything.
    Except when you have actual sources inside Blizzard like WoW Insider and MMO-Champion surely have, and have proven to have several times.

Andeby's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think mmo-champ has clearly stated they do not have any inside-sources?

Might be wrong on that but that is what I can remember.
    Pigpoo//Sleep~Away:
    One day I try to get it on, nothing happens

Timmid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They might or might not have inside sources, however he makes a couple good points in that post and it's worth a read anyways, true or not.

DrWho1988's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Andeby View Post
    I think mmo-champ has clearly stated they do not have any inside-sources?

Might be wrong on that but that is what I can remember.
    MMOC does not have an inside source, but WoW Insider does.
    I hope this is real, this sounds badass to me.
    Last edited by DrWho1988; 07-08-2011 at 11:30 PM.

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas." - Ron Paul

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by amd View Post
    Except when you have actual sources inside Blizzard like WoW Insider and MMO-Champion surely have, and have proven to have several times.

You see, MMO-Champion gets their so called "news" from the IRC bot on wowhead. That's part of the reason boubouille ( MMO-Champion staff and all around obnoxious individual ) was banned on their IRC. I won't go into details, but they do not have insider sources. It would only be smart for any other website to side with everyone else calling things fake.

Unless there's an actual blue post confirming all of this is invalid ( Not that the documents are fake, as the story behind it might still be true ) then no website, inside sources or not, can say for sure that it's fake. To blizzard, hiding information like that is important for several reasons I will not go over as it would be a waste of time. Don't believe any of this? That's where there's an NDA ( Non Disclosure Agreement ) on the betas. There's also an NDA on content that isn't released yet, they won't talk about it publicly in the forums.

What would Blizzard do if any of this information was true? Well it's quite simple. They would not lie about it, and they can't just post about an expansion that is still well under development ( If all of this is true, the lore is already somewhat set up, content needs to be built. ) Blizzard never has gone "lol, deathwing will NOT shatter azeroth." followed with "LOL JK JK HE DOES" as it would be bad business.

A few things can happen.

-Blizzard posts about the documents stating all of it is false, which would give us LOTS and LOTS more attention from their user base, which would be bad business for them. ( Highly unlikely )
    -Blizzard posts about rumors of the new expansions and state things such as "so and so will not get the killing blow on Deathwing" ( More likely, but unless they go over the entire document and state everything out, anything they don't state as false is most likely to happen )
    -Blizzard doesn't post anything. ( Extremely likely to happen, for reasons stated above. Bad publicity in general )

So either way, you guys are running in circles. Unless NONE of the information in these documents is true, and I mean NONE, not a slightest bit, you will never hear about this from Blizzard.

I could claim I have insider information and I could claim I know everything, but I don't like to lie to people. We call it speculations, not false documents, until proven by the "owners" of said documents.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

thepsynergist's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So N'zoth is confirmed for the old god this expansion, as well as Baine Bloodhoof finishing off Deathwing. Heh, spoilers.

Jeremiah's Avatar Former Mod
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Parog View Post

You see, MMO-Champion gets their so called "news" from the IRC bot on wowhead. That's part of the reason boubouille ( MMO-Champion staff and all around obnoxious individual ) was banned on their IRC. I won't go into details, but they do not have insider sources. It would only be smart for any other website to side with everyone else calling things fake.

Unless there's an actual blue post confirming all of this is invalid ( Not that the documents are fake, as the story behind it might still be true ) then no website, inside sources or not, can say for sure that it's fake. To blizzard, hiding information like that is important for several reasons I will not go over as it would be a waste of time. Don't believe any of this? That's where there's an NDA ( Non Disclosure Agreement ) on the betas. There's also an NDA on content that isn't released yet, they won't talk about it publicly in the forums.

What would Blizzard do if any of this information was true? Well it's quite simple. They would not lie about it, and they can't just post about an expansion that is still well under development ( If all of this is true, the lore is already somewhat set up, content needs to be built. ) Blizzard never has gone "lol, deathwing will NOT shatter azeroth." followed with "LOL JK JK HE DOES" as it would be bad business.

A few things can happen.

-Blizzard posts about the documents stating all of it is false, which would give us LOTS and LOTS more attention from their user base, which would be bad business for them. ( Highly unlikely )
    -Blizzard posts about rumors of the new expansions and state things such as "so and so will not get the killing blow on Deathwing" ( More likely, but unless they go over the entire document and state everything out, anything they don't state as false is most likely to happen )
    -Blizzard doesn't post anything. ( Extremely likely to happen, for reasons stated above. Bad publicity in general )

So either way, you guys are running in circles. Unless NONE of the information in these documents is true, and I mean NONE, not a slightest bit, you will never hear about this from Blizzard.

I could claim I have insider information and I could claim I know everything, but I don't like to lie to people. We call it speculations, not false documents, until proven by the "owners" of said documents.
    Thank you for your contribution, Parog. You worded it very well for everyone.
    Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod
    Proud Ownedcore Member 2007-2012

Sodee's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense, Parog...

Blizzard is never going to comment on whether this is true. If they were to comment on every single guess at coming expansions, content or lore in their validity, it would easily narrow down what is and what isn't going to be released. It's really narrow thinking to believe otherwise, and I think that 'articles' like this bring the insane masses out of the woodwork.

To anyone that actually knows anything about lore, there are SO SO SO SO SO many holes in this entire thing that it's baffling to us, but easy to see how people that have no idea on anything lore-related outside of actually playing WoW could find this very believable. The wording in so much of this alone should be the easiest indicator this is a giant steaming pile of shit. If you want me to cite examples and show you why it's complete crap, I will.

Jeremiah's Avatar Former Mod
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    No offense, Parog...

Blizzard is never going to comment on whether this is true. If they were to comment on every single guess at coming expansions, content or lore in their validity, it would easily narrow down what is and what isn't going to be released. It's really narrow thinking to believe otherwise, and I think that 'articles' like this bring the insane masses out of the woodwork.

To anyone that actually knows anything about lore, there are SO SO SO SO SO many holes in this entire thing that it's baffling to us, but easy to see how people that have no idea on anything lore-related outside of actually playing WoW could find this very believable. The wording in so much of this alone should be the easiest indicator this is a giant steaming pile of shit. If you want me to cite examples and show you why it's complete crap, I will.
    As a roleplayer, and an experienced and lore-accurate one at that, I see nothing wrong with the lore described in the leak.
    Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod
    Proud Ownedcore Member 2007-2012

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast