Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This puts me off joining, more than it does encourage me to apply. Just me i guess. :O
    Death to all but Metal.

[Official] MMOwned News Team Recruitment
    JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, I remember KuRIoS' post yeah xD

RyeRye's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 7itanium View Post
    Can I apply?
    I think you would get it..

Zantas's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't be discouraged, go for it you got nothing to loose and everything to win =)
    https://i45.tinypic.com/157df7r.jpg

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent mine

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zantas92 View Post
    Don't be discouraged, go for it you got nothing to loose and everything to win =)
    This exactly. Sorry if you felt the post a little aggressive, but like they say "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"

I'd also like to add that I will be going through applications this weekend. I will reply to everyone who submitted one with an answer on what i thought of it, don't expect to be left in the dark.
    Last edited by Glynbeard; 04-16-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Sersh's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this was an embarrassing post. Sorry.
    Last edited by Sersh; 10-07-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    News team is very useful for people who don't regularly check those other sites.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I have to agree partly with Sersh, news that is not exclusive and has been posted on about 3-4 other sites is just pointless in my opinion. The interviews and such were good in my opinion because it made the community active, it let people find out about each other and what sort of people they are talking to. It was also a laugh. There are probably more effective and better things to do than interviews (and it shouldn't just be interviews anyway) but just having posts that are on 4 sites already...

Oh and sorry for offtopic post, just felt like supporting Sersh before you all kill him for flaming.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said some really embarrassing things here. Sorry.
    Last edited by Sersh; 10-07-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    To be honest I have to agree partly with Sersh, news that is not exclusive and has been posted on about 3-4 other sites is just pointless in my opinion. The interviews and such were good in my opinion because it made the community active, it let people find out about each other and what sort of people they are talking to. It was also a laugh. There are probably more effective and better things to do than interviews (and it shouldn't just be interviews anyway) but just having posts that are on 4 sites already...

Oh and sorry for offtopic post, just felt like supporting Sersh before you all kill him for flaming.
    Not gonna kill him for flaming. I won't allow it in this thread.

Originally Posted by Sersh View Post
    Went through and read the past 4 news articles you folks wrote, and here's what I found.

1. 50% of the information posted was directly copy + pasted.

2. The "writer" doesn't go into very much detail about the subject, and doesn't seem to know too much about what he/she is actually talking about.

I seriously am trying to help you guys out here. You're competing against websites that post SOLEY WoW news, have much higher website bandwidth and more talented writers.

In my own experience, hitting my ( insert popular news website here ) bookmark, scrolling down a little, and instantly seeing the latest WoW news is much easier than trying to load up mmowned, search for the news section on the front page, load up another news thread, only to find that information is literally 2 weeks old. (Yes, there have been cases where news posted here was that old.)

There's just no reason to put that much effort into staring at WoW news websites, and once they post something, wait 6 days to re-post here. Everyone's seen it, there's no reason to try and rewrite it.

[Edit] Maybe it's just me though, but most pages on this website take me like 10 seconds to load up.
    First off, the only information that was copypasted was being used for quotes and was sourced in the threads. Usually I take the time to re-write anyways but as you can see, we are a little short handed. That isn't acceptable I agree and won't be tolerated at all from here on out.

Secondly, the News Team here isn't aiming to be the top WoW News site out there. We are only attempting to bring news to members who don't want to go scouring the internet and can find it right here at home.

Might as well add that once we have completely upgraded to vb4 we will also be focusing on displaying popular threads to the members and widen the range of content we are posting currently.

You are entitled to your opinion but please keep your posts civilized or they will be deleted.
    Last edited by Glynbeard; 04-16-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One last embarrassing post.
    Last edited by Sersh; 10-07-2013 at 09:18 PM.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still agree with Sersh. If you want to write the WoW news for those who can't be bothered to go to other, bigger, WoW related news sites, then feel free to fill that potential audience, but it shouldn't be just WoW related news. If that is all you want, find a niche.

Zantas's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not everyone is, some people quit long ago, but still have keen interest in wow news every now and then.

And above that the news team deliver their personal view on the matter.
    Sure (censured sites, but you can prolly figure it out) is quick with news, but their news are more or less 99% copy paste. There's close to no flowing text regarding the news.
    Last edited by Zantas; 04-16-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    https://i45.tinypic.com/157df7r.jpg

Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sersh View Post
    If anything requires "scouring," it's having to try and find the news on this website. Just letting you know, it takes at least 3 times longer to find a competent news article on this website than it does others.

You're entitled to show whatever you want to your viewers. I get that. But trying to "hire" more people to spam refresh on you know what is COMPLETELY redundant because people THAT worried about WoW news are already looking at the website that you're taking the information from.

Take myself for instance. Been a member of this website for quite a while now. People who visit this website don't ONLY come to this website. Your "viewers" don't ONLY look at this site for anything WoW related. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say atleast 95% of the people currently viewing this site have already looked at another WoW news site at least 3 times. That obviously includes myself. There was no scouring, I just looked for about 2-3 minutes at the latest Blue posts, and Blizzard twitter updates about class mechanics.

I can absolute guarantee that the news that I just saw on the website I'm talking about will be posted here in the next 5 days, no less than 3 days.

Hiring more people isn't your problem. Your problem is that everyone's already seen the news you've posted and the viewers themselves are actually ahead of you in knowledge of recent news. This is a problem.

I can understand why you're frustrated with me, because you think I'm trying to make your job on this website obsolete, but I'm telling you honestly that you could be working on something else less, and be getting more done.
    Up until recently I never went to any other site for WoW stuff, before the only thing for WoW news I had was the buzz in wow from glyn and other news posted here.
    Last edited by Confucius; 04-16-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast