0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ~OddBall~ View Post
    Not a flame, was just stating. I didn't think it was a review because of 2 things:

A) I didn't read the conclusion (My bad xD)

B) With the exclusion of the intro and the conclusion everything is a screenshot of something off the website.

Writing two small posts about a game isn't that much hard work, I dunno maybe that's just me. Also I didn't think the review was lacking in content at all, it clearly outlined what the classes etc. were, otherwise I would have said so xD

And finally, the problem with the cash shop is the items in it are as close to mandatory as you can get before it starts getting shoved down your throat. At end game, if you don't have the cash shop items every week you'll get dominated by every other player.

umm.. the only thing I took from the site was the shots of the classes and races...

everything in the screenshots page, and also the first video were made by me.

I did work hard compiling this and if you dont like the review I guess I think it would be a bit more appropriate to keep that to yourself and not ruin it for the rest of the readers

thanks

Allods Online: Review
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 7itanium View Post
    umm.. the only thing I took from the site was the shots of the classes and races...

everything in the screenshots page, and also the first video were made by me.

I did work hard compiling this and if you dont like the review I guess I think it would be a bit more appropriate to keep that to yourself and not ruin it for the rest of the readers

thanks
    He is 100% allowed to give his own opinion and nor should you take offense to it.

I agree with Oddball, this is a bit more a "What is this game" than a "Review". Sure there is a lot of info, but that still doesnt make it a review as you didnt really, from what i read - maybe i missed it, put your thoughts about it. A gaming review to me isnt just "I gave this 9/10 *********" along with pros and cons.
    In the future I would like you to, as Obama said, get the interview more personal and let your opinion shine through a bit more as it is YOUR review.

Very INFORMATIVE article though.

jakpe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ReidE96 View Post
    I disagree. Every f2p mmo that survives for any length of time gives you an actual benefit for paying real money. Otherwise, folk don't see the point in paying and won't, so it dies. And the benefit is usually big, so folk are willing to pay.
    That's not really how it works. Most F2p mmos have a cashshop for mostly visual stuff, like, make your weapon look like a chain-saw.

You probably think " If you pay for stuff that doesnt make you stronger, you're dumb! ". If you spend lots of time on something you will think its important for you, since you've spent so much time on it you will tell yourself that its Okey to spend some cash on cool stuff.

Dungeons and Dragons MMO's cash flow increased by 500% by making it F2P instead of subscription based.

Kirth's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quest(text) and how the lore's handled is horrible. Was to be expected, I suppose. Not to mention the huge amounts of spam in chat.

-Lore
    No.

Only 3 races of each faction
    Rather have over nine thousand that hardly differ at all, then?

The starting quests are extremely easy.. almost as if its a joke
    Obviously they're the introduction quests; intended to guide new people to the game. They're not supposed to be a challenge. They do this a lot better than WoW does, imho.
    Last edited by Kirth; 03-30-2010 at 07:22 AM.

adren4lin.'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9/10 still? Well ... then. I'm downloading it right now
    I am Error.

deCutter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game universe is based on the games:
    -Rage of mages (199
    -Rage of mages II: Necromancer (1999)
    -Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul (2000-2001)

All that games in my country sounds like Allods, Allods 2, Allods 3.
    Yes, it is completely free, but if you going to have potions +%exp, large backback and other stuff - you are going to pay much much more than games with subscription fee.
    Also, Allods Online was developed in russian and only after that translated to english.

psychobandit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, knowing Blizzard & their "litigious" nature, I hope this game stays free. I am sure the second Allod charges anything, Blizzard will scream "Copyright Infringement!", "They stole our Ideas", "they better give us all their money!"

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Allods Online: Review

I guess a disagree about the lore because I thought it was good

My appologies if I mistook constructive critisism as flaming also. Thanks for your opinions

someonedying's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all about the Gpotatos.

[the Sills]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like another typical asian click-to-attack game... Nice review tho...

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [the Sills] View Post
    its really not just click to attack though... you have abilities macrod to num keys just like in WoW.

Really the only main difference in combat is that there is no auto attack you have to use an ability for every swing.. when everything is on CD you arent auto hitting

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jakpe View Post
    That's not really how it works. Most F2p mmos have a cashshop for mostly visual stuff, like, make your weapon look like a chain-saw.
    Sadly, that's the minority. I've tried a lot of F2P stuff, and the ones where the microcredits give no game advantage are few and far between.

Originally Posted by jakpe View Post
    You probably think " If you pay for stuff that doesnt make you stronger, you're dumb! ". If you spend lots of time on something you will think its important for you, since you've spent so much time on it you will tell yourself that its Okey to spend some cash on cool stuff.
    Oh no, spending cash on coolness is fine. Why d'you think I bought WotLK:CE instead of normal? It's SHINY!

hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1212/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I couldn't find myself playing this game beyond level 4...
    Too damn used to wow sigh

games4lifefreak's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cash Shop is pretty expensive, and overall, if you want to enjoy the game to it's fullest, you're going to spend more playing Allods than WoW.

People will scramble to disagree with me, but I know who you are. You've gotten bored of WoW/whatever MMO you play and you're desperately trying to fill that gap/addiction you have left. You still crave WoW, or something similar.

I found Allods boring, stale and it is an incredible rip off of WoW. They have absolutely no shame in how much they rip from WoW. It's just a watered down, crap version of WoW with a free cash shop.

As much as I wish there was an MMO to replace WoW on the market right now (i.e, not be shit, have decent customer service, have good gameplay), this isn't even close. And for a free MMO, I've played better.

Sadly, that's the minority. I've tried a lot of F2P stuff, and the ones where the microcredits give no game advantage are few and far between.
    This sums up 99% of every single F2P. If you think cash shops never have items that give an advantage, you're just trying to blind yourself to the fact if you're not using the cash shop, you're at a disadvantage. Companies have to make money, you think they are making money letting you play their game entirely for free? If they don't create a significant incentive to log on and use their cash shop, they'd be out of business.

It's Russian, and to be fair, it's more similar to WoW than shitty asian F2P mmos.
    Last edited by games4lifefreak; 03-31-2010 at 12:37 PM.

lolzor2009's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that post its a nice game !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast